Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#136 Post by J.J. Walters »

I saw last night's episode. I think that's the fourth one I've seen. I still can't get into this show. I just don't like most of the characters, and it's too "slick" looking for my tastes. I totally get why it's a hit and why people like it, however. It's just not for me.

But I'm lovin' the Oahu filming locations! They were in a bunch of different locations in the last episode. They were even briefly on Hotel Street at Bar 35! My how Hotel Street has changed! :shock:

I missed a few minutes in the first half-hour and was confused about the climax. Why didn't the bomb go off after the bad guy dropped the remote? I got the impression that the remote would trigger the bomb if he let go of it. And why did he pick a meeting place next to a flora-covered hill, a perfect spot for a sniper?

I like the casting of Mark Dacascos as Wo Fat! He's a pretty good actor and a former martial artist champion. I see some killer fight scenes in the show's future. He's also The Chairman on Iron Chef America! "Today's secret ingredient is..." :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#137 Post by KENJI »

I'm thinking the trigger on the remote had to be squeezed for it to detonate. He would've been smarter to have had a trigger like James is suggesting where once your finger comes off the trigger the bomb goes off. This would've allowed him to get away, as there is no way Steve could've got close enough before he let go off the trigger. Also this would've taken away the sniper factor.....too risky. I would've liked him to get away one more time, but the writers have other plans. I tune into anything dealing with Hawaii good or bad. With HFO, I'm more curious about any Magnum connections than anything. I sure hope they use the estate as Wo Fat's residence. Even if they just took an aerial shot of Pahonu and did the rest at the studio, I would be happy.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#138 Post by Steve »

I'm like Kenji, I will tune into anything filmed in Hawaii just to try and see Magnum locations. I'm actually the same way about anything shot in Chicago. As far as the bomb goes, I was more shocked that Dann-o just unhooked it like it was a cheap neckless. I thought McGarret said in the beginning of the show that it had a mercury switch as a detonator so I would think it would go off even if the remote detonator was deactivated.

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#139 Post by zebra3 »

I don't like all the computer stuff in it. There's always a technology solution to problems, but it's way more interesting without.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#140 Post by Miss Q »

I am now torn by this new delevopment of Steve stealing the $10M. Now he is no better than the people he arrests. :shock:

As a former military man and son of a cop (post 9/11) he would be very familiar with the policy of not paying a terrorist, yet he expected it.

OK, it makes for a good story, but I am dissapointed with the character.
Yes it makes him flawed, but thats a whole other topic.

PS. It was mentioned that Chin was keeping the floorplans of the valut to protect a friend, my guess is the friend is Steve's father. He would have them in his investigation of his wifes murder for some reason.

Either way I am glued to the tv on Monday nights. :D
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#141 Post by KENJI »

Hi Miss Q
I'm thinking the same thing in regards to why Chin had the maps.
As the pieces fall into place, it will be Steve's father he was protecting.
I guess we will find out for sure next year sometime.

Kolchak
Lieutenant

#142 Post by Kolchak »

I caught the Magnum reference but still don't know if Danno was referring to Magnum as a person who inhabits the same tv universe as them (someone real in their world) or as the tv character. I got the impression it was referring to Magnum the show. What do you guys think?

I've watched this show every week but I'm still not completely hooked. There's too much cheesy music, just listen carefully, every scene has music blaring. The scripts are pretty shoddy but the cast is great. So far, a mixed bag.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#143 Post by KENJI »

Danno was referring to the show for sure.
The P.I. Danno was grilling was from the mainland and wouldn't have had a clue who this Magnum fellow is in 'REAL LIFE' (.....unless they met at a Hawaiian P.I. convention the year Thomas won an award........LOL).

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#144 Post by KENJI »

Steve might not drive a Ferrari, but in the latest episode he can fly a helicopter on his own (sorry T.C.) which is right up there with the 308 in my books!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#145 Post by Steve »

It's getting good isn't it, funny how there wasn't even any mention of if, how or why he knew how to fly one. I'm still hoping as we see more of Wo Fat that his lair is The Estate..............

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#146 Post by KENJI »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mary and Steve won't meet up again, as she will be killed by Wo Fat and Co. in another episode or season. It will be something like what happened to Thomas and Michelle.
We know they like car bombs that's for certain!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#147 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mary and Steve won't meet up again, as she will be killed by Wo Fat and Co. in another episode or season. It will be something like what happened to Thomas and Michelle.
We know they like car bombs that's for certain!
Right on, Kenji.......I was expecting the plane he put her on to blow up............Something will definitely happen to her.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#148 Post by Sam »

Does anyone think last nights show gave a nod to Lost?

The scene occurs in the car.During the conversation Danno sings out.."You don't have to save everybody" The way he sang it sounded very similar to Drive Shafts "You all Everybody"

Wondering if anyone else heard it the same way?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#149 Post by KENJI »

It looks like we were right in regards to the original HFO car making a comeback!!! Steve just picked up the master cylinder for it on the last episode. It will be polished up in no time!

PhatCat
Admiral

#150 Post by PhatCat »

Haven't seen much of Lost so I can't comment to that.

I will say, the new HFO is shaping up to be a pretty good tv show. Seems as though they're doing things right. Could be around for a few years.