80's toons

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

80's toons

#1 Post by Mavrick »

Awww Saturday morning sitting at the Breakfast table or having an after school snack
and hearing Famous lines Like
Transform and roll out..... I Have the Powwwerrrr....Form feet and legs; form arms and body; and I'll form the head!.....Cobra retreat. *Retreat*!.... Thundercats HOOOOOO and the list goes on and on, and if you recognized any of theses quotes you too maybe a child of the 80's, I wanted to pick one cartoon but they are too many that I love to name a favorite so if you have any childhood memories, that you would like to share about your beloved cartoon favorites from a bygone era, please do, because I would love to walk down memory lane, Because they sure don't have cartoons like that anymore
Last edited by Mavrick on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

I don't know that any of those were on Saturday mornings. I seem to recall watching them after school.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

A Saturday morning fav of mine was Dungeons and Dragons. I think it was pretty obscure, but I found an episode or two on youtube. A few others buried in the recesses of my mind are Justice League America and Muppet Babies (I still remember a funny episode with Arnold Schwarzenegger). Not sure why I recalled those two so easily since I don't think they were my faves.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#4 Post by Mavrick »

Doc Ibold wrote:I don't know that any of those were on Saturday mornings. I seem to recall watching them after school.

I beleive your right I watch of them after school too , but I remember them also being played on Saturday mornings too, but I edited the first post :lol:
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#5 Post by Mavrick »

Styles Bitchley wrote:A Saturday morning fav of mine was Dungeons and Dragons. I think it was pretty obscure, but I found an episode or two on youtube. A few others buried in the recesses of my mind are Justice League America and Muppet Babies (I still remember a funny episode with Arnold Schwarzenegger). Not sure why I recalled those two so easily since I don't think they were my faves.
Dungeons and Dragons. I remember that cartoon , barely but do remember it, it was about a group of kids that went on a rollercoaster and transport to another world and there was the archer , the cavalier and the wizard, I can't remember the others

Muppet Babies I not ashame to admit that I watch this show lol I loved it, but it seem that in all the shows that there was at least one Star Wars reference
Do you remember kidd video? I just loved the music when I was a kid but there songs now well lets just say they didn't stand the test of time

PhatCat
Admiral

#6 Post by PhatCat »

I was really into Saturday morning cartoons. Go to retrojunk.com for a pretty good compilation of what was out there.

One of my favroites was the Ghostbusters. Great cartoon.

Inspector Gadget was afterschool IIRC.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

Mavrick wrote:
Doc Ibold wrote:I don't know that any of those were on Saturday mornings. I seem to recall watching them after school.

I beleive your right I watch of them after school too , but I remember them also being played on Saturday mornings too, but I edited the first post :lol:
Cool.... thought I was having a brain meltdown there!

BTW... Muppet Babies rocked. I remember watching it with my little bro.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

I hate to say it, but most of the cartoons of the 1980s were horrible IMHO! Even then, I much preferred the older cartoons (Looney Tunes, Johnny Quest, Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Flintstones, etc.). Having said that, there is one cartoon that I enjoyed from the 1980s. A cartoon that towered over all others...

Captain Caaaa-aaaaave Maaa-aaaan!!

:)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#9 Post by Mavrick »

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is some funny stuff there JJ I almost shot stuff out my nose I was laughing so hard

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#10 Post by Mavrick »

ok Found some pics this one is for Styles
Image[/img]

This one is for PhatCat

This one is for Doc
[/img]Image

This one of my all time favs.Too bad it only ran for one season Does anybody eles know who this is
Image[/img]

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#11 Post by Mavrick »

Sorry for posting that twice I could not find the delete button
Last edited by Mavrick on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Mavrick wrote:This one of my all time faves.Too bad it only ran for one season Does anybody eles know who this is?
I don't know, but it must be Japanese and I'm guessing from the '70s. I actually have the action figure of that guy at home (without the spring loaded hands that have long since disappeared) among a bunch of other junk my mom kept. My boys love playing with all those old toys.

Old cartoons rock too. My three year old loves watching Tom and Jerry. How amazing is it that he can watch something his grandparents watched as kids and still enjoy it?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#13 Post by Mavrick »

yep you remember with the rocket hands

The Name of the cartoon was Tranzor Z or like it was said in the show

Tranzzzzorrr ZZZZZZZZZ :lol:

Dervish
Rear Admiral

#14 Post by Dervish »

Robotech was my all-time favorite cartoon of the 80s.

Also, it was a time when the Disney Channel still aired old Mickey/Donald/Goofy/Pluto short cartoons from the 20's-50's.

PhatCat
Admiral

#15 Post by PhatCat »

I also watched Voltron a lot. I was so excited when I finally got the black lion and was able to put him together with all 5 cats.

I still have him. Packed away somewhere. Maybe at my parents' house.