Hawaii Five-0 (2010)

1948-present

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#76 Post by KENJI »

She would be opening a huge can of "worms" if she did!
There would be fans all over the place and her privacy would be out the window, yet again!! Sometimes the money isn't worth the headache, so we will have to see what she values more, her privacy or Mr. Franklin.
Pahonu is in really bad shape, so she might not have a choice - time will tell.

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#77 Post by Mavrick »

well maybe she won"t open the doors but we might get a drive by camra shot lol and to me that still counts lol
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by KENJI »

That would be great, BUT they like to use that green screen method which is so fake and you are past the estate before you know it in real life (you blink and it is gone). It is very nondescript (minus the gate) from the road.
I think one episode they will be chased by a pair of dobermans like discussed above (maybe it will be a pair of Rotties instead - same colors...).

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#79 Post by Mavrick »

true that green screen does make everything look fake, and I would guess that so much has changed over the years it would be hard to find Magnum's hang outs , and Robin's nest the last time I saw it is was very well hidden and tuck away on the side of the island.

As mention befor if I see the dogs, I am pulling them lol
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by Sam »

It wouldn't surprise me to see the estate used as a location.In the original run the estate was used in 8-10 episodes and fans weren't flocking to see the grounds,it was just another filming location.It only became a problem with Anderson with MPI.
The estate was obviously a major location during the MPI run,a ground zero location, so a shot here or there of the estate in the new show isn't going to change new or old fans.It's just another location.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by KENJI »

Sam does have a point that R.N. was a ground zero location for MPI, but a "cameo" on H50 might not be an issue. The crew, cameras, equipment etc. would disrupt her everyday life for a day or two though, but in the big picture that isn't so bad if your house/grounds gets fixed up free of charge. Stay tuned..............

I understand what you were saying about the estate being just another location..., but just for the record it is not with this group of people, that is for sure :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by Steve »

Oh great, if The Dowager Lady Anderson does alow access for H-50, on my next trip to Oahu I am going to have decide whether to wear one of my Paradise Found Hawaiian shirts or comb my hair into a pompadour like Scott Caan (hey why not both!)...........

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

#83 Post by Mavrick »

Wel they say money talks and if they are willing to fix up the house and grounds. she just might go for it, Well one can only hope, I am dying for a re-boot of the magnum tho , I wish they would and get Tom out of New York and bring back to the islands :lol:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by KENJI »

Getting back to the last episode when Chin arrests his cousin at The Kahala Hotel and Resort, we get a brief glimpse into where MPI guest stars stayed like Frank Sinatra.... The dolphin lagoon is pretty nice as well.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by Sam »

Hi Kenji,

I believe most of the guest stars stayed at the Colony Surf,which is 2 or 3 doors from the Elks Club.

If you haven't seen it yet,the Star Advertiser has a page for HFO.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/hawaiifive0/

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by KENJI »

Sorry Guys, :oops:

Sam you are right on MPI info.!
If anyone is interested in the location, it was the Kahala Hotel and Resort in the last episode arrest and people like Pres. Obama, Prince Charles... John Travolta etc. have stayed or visited there - Ah...... now that is cleared up, I'm going to go have a cold one and get an early start on the weekend!

Cheers and enjoy your weekend everyone!

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by sophia »

Hi guys,
Maybe someone has already posted this,but
in the first episode did you notice Steve M's car?
This is the actual car from the original show.
Now that's a car the guys could restore and drive around Hawaii.
:wink:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by KENJI »

I'll bet as the show goes on, we will see more of that car!

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by zebra3 »

We better. I don't care too well for the "new muscle" cars of today. Plastic tanks.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by KENJI »

As the episodes go on, Steve learns more about his father (being at his H.S. football games.......), he becomes closer to him (eventhough he is dead). Steve will be washing or polishing that car sometime down the road and I can also see the car playing a role in capturing the guy who killed his father.