Need instructions (again)

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Need instructions (again)

#1 Post by N1095A »

A while back someone posted instructions on how to capture a still image from a DVD using Prt Scrn, and paint. I kept the instructions on my computer, but had to dump everything in system restore. Does anyone have the instructions and could post them again?
Thanks,
Mike
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Try..alt prt scr then open paint edit..paste...then file save as

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

Sam wrote:Try..alt prt scr then open paint edit..paste...then file save as
Thanks Sam, It didn't do the trick. What program are you using to view DVDs?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Sam »

I don't watch DVD's on the computer but that is how I do a screen cap.Are you able to do a cap not from a DVD?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Mike,

Most media players come with the screenshot functionality built in. Pause the DVD, then use the 'Screenshot' functionality for whatever media player you are using.

I use VLC. In VLC, after pausing, you right-click the screen and hit the 'screenshot' button in the context menu that pops up.

Hope this helps
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#6 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

If you're using WinDVD to view DVDs on your computer, just hit "P" -- that'll save a still picture from the DVD window only so you don't have to edit "around" a PrtScr to edit out the rest of your desktop that shows around the edges of the picture.

Just remember to SAVE all the "P" pictures you "captured." If you just exit, they aren't kept.

I think several of the DVD-playing programs allow it this way, within the program and not having to use Windows' PrtScr.

If that helps at all . . . . works for me since I have WinDVD.

I may be admitting my ignorance here, but I think there is not any DVD-playing program that just "comes" with any Windows product. You have to get a separate program to actually play DVDs on your computer. Years ago I bought WinDVD, but I think there is a free one you can get -- AVS DVD. Something like that -- just Google "freeware DVD player" and there should be some available, during the play of which you should be able to capture still images from the video.

golf
"Portside, buddy."