For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

What current shows are now your "can't miss" shows

#1 Post by golfmobile »

Burn Notice -- just about my favorite without current episodes of:
Boston Legal -- and this upcoming season will be the last :-(
The Closer with Kyra Sedgwick (I like the way they try to vary the episodes with character-centric stories, one for Pope, one for Provenza, one for Sanchez, etc. -- rather MPI-ish by making the supporting characters more than just supporting but allowing them to be personalities in their own right. And I LOVE the way her POLICE skills won over all the nay-sayers on her squad. I LIKE seeing someone who is GOOD at what she is supposed to be in the show.)
Saving Grace with Holly Hunter (though she's starting to disillusion me, she is a bit of a slut, and she's too thin for her age, and she's so self-destructive [I KNOW! -- she's SUPPOSED to be] but I don't have a lot of interest in her self-implosion -- I'd rather see more on the police investigation part of the story. You don't see or believe why she is so popular with her police squad, you don't see that she's THAT good a cop -- okay, occasionally but that doesn't seem to be the theme, more the side plot -- and it's supposed to be at least a semi-cop show -- I want to see more cop work -- as in The Closer or Monk)
House
Monk
Psych

In Plain Sight -- I started this because of how I like all the other USA "Characters welcome," but her family is barely above trailer trash, and there's too much emphasis on this (she isn't Mary Tyler Moore, or Tim Allen, so who cares about her dysfunctional family?) so it's not a "can't miss," more of a "if there's nothing else on."

Becker with Ted Danson, if I can find it. It doesn't seem to have a regular schedule, and I don't know if I'm watching old repeats! But it's got a clever, good ensemble group a la M*A*S*H*, Taxi, WKRP in Cincinnati, MTM, and Cheers.

Not much on the major networks, is there . . . . .?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MPS »

I've already fessed up to watching The Amazing Race, when it's on, which isn't often. :cry:
The only other current show that I watch is The Office. No, wait, sometimes HGTV or The Food Network is on in the kitchen. That's about it.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

MPS wrote:
The only other current show that I watch is The Office.
Me too! It's the best show on network TV, IMHO!

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Kahunagirl »

Definitely, Boston Legal!

Kahunagirl

Carmen
MPI

#5 Post by Carmen »

Only one for me is "House" and I enjoy "Hustle" but it isn`t a must see for me.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

Oh my goodness I am going to get blasted for this, but I got hooked on Las Vegas when our man TS was on, and now watch the reruns on TNT everyday (It's nice working from home). I also mentioned American Chopper whenever a new episode appears and Deadwood on HBO when they show the reruns. Other than that, I watch a lot of cable news shows with this fascinating and historic election season going on, anything I find interesting on any of the Discovery Channels and whatever good movie I find on cable.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#7 Post by ConchRepublican »

I like to limit the "must watch" TV so there are proabably a lot of shows I may like, but never opeb myself up to. My list is:

House - Although it did lose something last season. Let's see if there's a rebound.

BONES - The finale last season was weak, mostly due to the writers strike, but the character interplay in this show is very good.

Heroes - I'm a comic book geek as well, so it's cool to see this show is popular.

Scrubs - Great show. Funny and dramatic each episode.

How I Met Your Mother - Very funny sitcom

A caveat - LOST - I watch LOST a season late. We have a family dinner every other Wednesday and I refuse to get a TiVo (TV can't be that important!!) so I get the DVD collection and watch it that way.

I have to look into Burn Notice, it seems to be getting good reviews here.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

Lost
The Office (what a great show and a GREAT ensemble cast!)
Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives with Guy Fieri
Survivorman
Home Team Pro Football
Alma mater College Football
Last edited by J.J. Walters on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Carmen wrote:Only one for me is "House" and I enjoy "Hustle" but it isn`t a must see for me.
The wife and I love House as well. We also watch Jeopardy. Thanks god football season is here as that is what I will be watching most of the time.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#10 Post by rubber chicken »

Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations is a truly great show. :)

Carmen
MPI

#11 Post by Carmen »

Steve, tell me about "Deadwood". Theoretically I could watch it, it`s on 2 channels here, I just never tried cause the name sounds like a westernshow :? Oh, and how clould I forget "Scrubs"? We are a little late her on Mars, but season 7 starts next wednesday night.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Steve »

Carmen wrote:Steve, tell me about "Deadwood". Theoretically I could watch it, it`s on 2 channels here, I just never tried cause the name sounds like a westernshow :?
Deadwood is definitely not for the weak of heart. It is about the Town of Deadwood, South Dakota during the Gold Rush of the 1870's and how the Black Hills of South Dakota was taken back from Native Americans and struggled to become a Territory. It has extraordinarily rough language, sometimes to the point of hillarity, and many characters speak in a unique mix of Wild West/in the gutter/Edwardian style that I find fascinating. I go to The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota every August and Deadwood is only about 18 miles from Sturgis, so it is a must see spot for us bikers rding all throughout The Black Hills, Eastern Wyoming, Custer State Park and The Badlands that week...........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#13 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve, is that your bike? :shock:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Yes...That is from Sturgis this year when I rode over into Wyoming and Devils Tower. (I got a warning ticket for my ape hangers being too high from a Wyoming State Trooper, first time I was pulled over for anything in about 16 years.........LOL)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#15 Post by J.J. Walters »

Man, nice ride! Love the paint scheme.