Her Alibi

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wwmd
Vice Admiral

Her Alibi

#1 Post by wwmd »

I love this movie but have always been reluctant to pick up a copy because I've never been able to find a widescreen version. Does anybody know if a widescreen version exists? I appreciate any info that you guys might be able to provide. However, I think I just might be out of luck.

Thanks!

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Welcome to the board wwmd,

A quick question on your handle and maybe it's been discussed, a given or understood.wwmd....What Would Magnum Do.

It looks to be close to a widescreen transfer.

>>>>The transfer is presented in an aspect ratio of 1.78:1 and it is 16x9 enhanced. The original theatrical ratio was 1.85:1 by my recollection, so this is pretty darn close to the mark.<<<<

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Re ... sp?ID=3583

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#3 Post by Shermy »

Sam wrote:It looks to be close to a widescreen transfer.
Those specs appear to be for the Region 2 and 4 versions. But I don't believe a widescreen version has ever been released in the US (Region 1). The original 1998 release was a bare-bones disc that featured a full-screen transfer:

Back Cover - Standard Version

The film was finally re-released in 2007, as part of Warner's "4 Film Favorites" budget line. These were 2 disc sets that packaged 4 similarly themed films together. (Her Alibi was featured in a "Romance" set.)

The big appeal wasn't the budget value, but the fact that many older titles were finally upgraded to widescreen versions. Unfortunately, Her Alibi did not receive this benefit.

Back Cover - 4 Film Favorites

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#4 Post by IslandHopper »

Nope. Mine is a standard version.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)