#1 Post by N1095A »

The department of transportation isn't paying enough, and efforts to
find a home daily trucking run have failed, so I'm going back over the
road Sunday night. It's likely I won't be home at all during the week,
and only some weekends. I won't have much time for the internet, or
anything else for that matter. My life will be a steering wheel and a
seat. I'm very uncomfortable with leaving my wife alone while I'm gone,
but you have to do what you have to do to survive. The MPI board has
been a great time, and I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time here and meeting new friends who share my passion for the greatest TV show of all time. I may be able to check in from time to time, but
it'll be rare. Thanks everyone for your hospitality.
Aloha and Mahalo,
Mike Brown (N1095A)
Last edited by N1095A on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

That stinks, man.

Swing by when you can!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

It's been great having you here N! You are certainly a true Magnum fan! You'll be missed.

I hope everything goes well for you on the open road. Do you own your own rig?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#4 Post by N1095A »

James J. Walters wrote:It's been great having you here N! You are certainly a true Magnum fan! You'll be missed.

I hope everything goes well for you on the open road. Do you own your own rig?
Thanks James & Doc. It's been a true pleasure being here. I don't have my own truck, I'm gonna be a company driver. I've been looking for a home-daily run since March. Now I just have to buck up and do something I truly didn't want to. I'll stop here to catch up, and say hello when I can. Can't wait for the next developement in the Magnum GI saga. This is a great site James.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Shane, come back!!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Waltstasz
Admiral

#6 Post by Waltstasz »

That's stinks. Be sure to check in when you can...
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#7 Post by IslandHopper »

Best wishes. It's been fun. We'll save some flubs for you.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#8 Post by SelleckLover »

Wow, N...sorry to hear you won't be on the boards so much anymore. I enjoyed reading your posts. Hopefully you'll get on here once and a while just to see what us Magnum-Junkies are up to. Remember "Aloha" has a dual meaning, it also means "Hello", so don't say aloha in the "Goodbye" context, just say we'll meet again someday.

Mahalo,
SelleckLover.

N1095A

#9 Post by N1095A »

SelleckLover wrote:Wow, N...sorry to hear you won't be on the boards so much anymore. I enjoyed reading your posts. Hopefully you'll get on here once and a while just to see what us Magnum-Junkies are up to. Remember "Aloha" has a dual meaning, it also means "Hello", so don't say aloha in the "Goodbye" context, just say we'll meet again someday.

Mahalo,
SelleckLover.
Thanks. Everyone here has been so great. I'm still here 'til Sunday. I will try to check in as often as I can. Hopefully on weekends at least. I'm takin' all 6 seasons of MPI on the road with me. I should learn a lot :)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#10 Post by golfmobile »

N,

I think I may miss you the most!

I'm still working on my exploding car, and I got something figured out. To make it fairly simple, I have a car doused in charcoal lighter fluid, but not lit. I put a lit, burning match behind it (so you can't see there is a flame), but which doesn't light the fluid yet. Then I squirt WD-40 on the burning match, which makes an "explosion" AND lights the lighter fluid to start the car burning, so it looks as though the "explosion" started the fire.

We tested it tonight on a block of wood and it worked okay -- and wasn't TOO dangerous. (DON'T try this at home, kids!) Have yet to try it with a little Matchbox car, but the theory is there and the visualization may be about the best I can do with limited funds and resources.

No, it won't be real movie/TV-type special effects, but I think it is about the best I can do with what I have to work with.

Do stay in touch when you can. We will certainly miss you -- your contributions have been spectacular!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#11 Post by N1095A »

golfmobile wrote:N,

I think I may miss you the most!

I'm still working on my exploding car, and I got something figured out. To make it fairly simple, I have a car doused in charcoal lighter fluid, but not lit. I put a lit, burning match behind it (so you can't see there is a flame), but which doesn't light the fluid yet. Then I squirt WD-40 on the burning match, which makes an "explosion" AND lights the lighter fluid to start the car burning, so it looks as though the "explosion" started the fire.

We tested it tonight on a block of wood and it worked okay -- and wasn't TOO dangerous. (DON'T try this at home, kids!) Have yet to try it with a little Matchbox car, but the theory is there and the visualization may be about the best I can do with limited funds and resources.

No, it won't be real movie/TV-type special effects, but I think it is about the best I can do with what I have to work with.

Do stay in touch when you can. We will certainly miss you -- your contributions have been spectacular!

golf
Aww, thanks Golf. My MGI updates wll be coming way more slowly :(
I've been working to get my 1/18th TC's chopper in paint before I leave. I've got the interior painted, the brown on the exterior, and the first set of yellow and orange stripes finished. I figure if I get the paint finished now, it will have lots of time to set before I rub it down with steel wool, and clear coat it. It would have been nice to finish it, but I'll have to do that as I get time.
It looks like you're having lots of fun with the project. It brings a smile to my face as I remember spending hours building model cars when I was young, only to to pack them with fireworks, and send them to plastic heaven. You should video your set ups and practices, It would be very entertaining to see a sort of behind the scenes look.
With any luck, I'll win the lottery, and be able to go to Silver State Helicopters, and learn to fly one day :lol: I've been a helicopter junkie, and wanted to be a pilot since the first time I saw a helicopter, (maybe '72 or '73). I'll check the board as much as possible until I leave, and then I'll be away, but not gone.
Later,
Mike

N1095A

Aw Crap!

#12 Post by N1095A »

I just saw the ad for Las Vegas. 2 hour premire this Friday 9:00. I'm gonna miss it.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#13 Post by golfmobile »

N,

Can't you record it to watch it later? I'll record it for you if you want.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

N1095A

#14 Post by N1095A »

golfmobile wrote:N,

Can't you record it to watch it later? I'll record it for you if you want.

golf
I have direct tv, and don't have Tivo. In order for me to tape it, the dish has to be turned on, and tuned to the channel I'm taping from. I dunno, I had a really really really ( I can't tell ya' how bad) bad day, and this is just one more thing added to the pile. Maybe I was over reacting.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#15 Post by golfmobile »

N,

It would be no problem to record it for you. Larry and I both have to get up REALLY early for our jobs, so we rarely make it past 9:30 p.m. so I will be TiVoing it for us anyway. It will be a snap to record it off to a VHS tape (which is more efficient than trying to record it digitally -- that takes up SO much space). Do you still have a VHS player? I'll be more than happy to pull it off on a tape for you and send it to you. PM me your address if you'd like me to send a tape to you. (Technically, I have a DVD recorder hooked up to my TV and DirecTV receiver, but I haven't been able to figure out how to work it. If I can get it figured out, I can send a DVD. But the tape is much more likely).

golf
"Portside, buddy."