1990-1999
6%
2000 or later
No votes

Total votes: 34

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by Sam »

60/40,is that how it works SL? I'll give it a go,I've been operating on the 60/20 and it's not exactly working out.
:lol:

How did your appointment go yesterday? Keep us posted...You are in my thoughts.

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Right, SL, keep us posted. (I had to sneak a peek at your recent posts via the Memberlist to see what Sam was talking about.) Hope your cardiologist gave you thumbs up!

Hey, if anyone's up for the Dinosaur Award, looks like it might be me! As I mentioned a few posts back, I'm about six weeks older than TS, so he and I have both hit the Big 6-3. (Note, by the way, that TS and I are *not* Baby Boomers -- we were born *during* The War.)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#33 Post by golfmobile »

Okay, you get to be the dinosaur. But not by much!! (October) :wink:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#34 Post by SelleckLover »

Well, for all those that are interested...and since Carol and Sam asked me to keep you posted...I saw my cardiologist yesterday and they did an EKG and she says I'm doing fine and I probably won't need any more stents. (That's a relief!) My blood pressure is excellent (I was taken off all blood pressure medicine last month.) 90/60, my LDL is 49 (that's good) and my cholesterol is 108, with medication. Woooohoooo!! I attended my first Aqua Aerobics class today and made it through the whole class (1 hour) start to finish. I've lost 65 pounds since last October (that is when I had my first heart attack) and plan on reaching my goal of losing 25 more in the next few months. I attribute most of this to reading a most helpful book called, Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution by Steven R. Gundry, M.D. (Available on Amazon) The subtitle is: Turn off the genes that are killing you and drop the weight for good. The book, in a nutshell, explains why your genes actually want you to be fat -- even sick. Eating certain foods and combinations of foods can give your body the wrong messages and may activate what he calls "killer genes", whose sole purpose is to get rid of you.

This guy is not some crack-pot diet guru. He's actually the director of The International Heart and Lung Institute and the Center for Restorative Health here in Southern California. These places are well-respected by the medical community and I know this because I worked in doctor's offices for 18 years. He is the inventor of some of the most widely used heart surgery devices and is renowned as an infant heart transplant surgeon. I knew of Dr. Gundry, because before I worked in doctor's offices I worked for 15 years for Baxter Healthcare in their cardiovascular device manufacturing unit. (I worked in Quality Assurance and later in the Device History Dept.)

Anyway, sorry I went "off topic" and didn't mean to bore anybody, but I felt as if I had to share this! It has truly changed my life, mostly due to the weight loss aspect. Thanks for reading this :D

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Yay!

And you're not off-topic, SL -- this thread is all about age, isn't it? :wink:

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#36 Post by Doc Ibold »

SelleckLover wrote:Well, for all those that are interested...and since Carol and Sam asked me to keep you posted...I saw my cardiologist yesterday and they did an EKG and she says I'm doing fine and I probably won't need any more stents. (That's a relief!) My blood pressure is excellent (I was taken off all blood pressure medicine last month.) 90/60, my LDL is 49 (that's good) and my cholesterol is 108, with medication. Woooohoooo!! I attended my first Aqua Aerobics class today and made it through the whole class (1 hour) start to finish. I've lost 65 pounds since last October (that is when I had my first heart attack) and plan on reaching my goal of losing 25 more in the next few months. I attribute most of this to reading a most helpful book called, Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution by Steven R. Gundry, M.D. (Available on Amazon) The subtitle is: Turn off the genes that are killing you and drop the weight for good. The book, in a nutshell, explains why your genes actually want you to be fat -- even sick. Eating certain foods and combinations of foods can give your body the wrong messages and may activate what he calls "killer genes", whose sole purpose is to get rid of you.

This guy is not some crack-pot diet guru. He's actually the director of The International Heart and Lung Institute and the Center for Restorative Health here in Southern California. These places are well-respected by the medical community and I know this because I worked in doctor's offices for 18 years. He is the inventor of some of the most widely used heart surgery devices and is renowned as an infant heart transplant surgeon. I knew of Dr. Gundry, because before I worked in doctor's offices I worked for 15 years for Baxter Healthcare in their cardiovascular device manufacturing unit. (I worked in Quality Assurance and later in the Device History Dept.)

Anyway, sorry I went "off topic" and didn't mean to bore anybody, but I felt as if I had to share this! It has truly changed my life, mostly due to the weight loss aspect. Thanks for reading this :D
Congrats SL!

Keep on keepin on!

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by MPS »

That's fabulous news SL !! Keep looking after yourself. You are doing great :D
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#38 Post by IslandHopper »

:D Glad to hear the good news SL. :D
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#39 Post by J.J. Walters »

[Cue up "Gonna Fly Now" from Rocky]

Keep up the good work, SL! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#40 Post by golfmobile »

SL,

Sounds great! I don't even really "know" you, but I feel so proud of you! Isn't it fun buying an entire new "skinny" wardrobe??

We can't risk any danger to a heart so true to TS!! You take good care of it, now, you hear?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#41 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for the well wishes guys, and the encouragement... it means a lot to me. :D