Aloha, Mahalo.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#31 Post by N1095A »

Thanks guys, sincerely. Your words mean more than you know. I just can't believe a little over a year ago I was in the same position, and now I'm right back in it.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#32 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

I think it's time for the traveling laptop with wireless internet!! That way when you're in motels at night, you can still get online. I think most hotels/motels have WiFi now. Or at least some would, so you could stay in touch with home -- and us! (Or now there's something smaller than a standard size laptop, called a "netbook," I think. Check out TigerDirect.com for some good sales.) And for a minimal netflix membership, you can watch some movies and TV shows online directly from netflix, and a lot of MPI episodes are viewable that way.

However you're able to work it out (no pun intended!), good luck, and I hope this new endeavor is a success. If we don't hear from you often, just know we'll be thinking of you and missing you. Can Homeward Angel be your proxy?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#33 Post by Doc Ibold »

Good luck Mike!

We'll always be looking forward to hearing from ya, whenever that may be!

(It always amazes me how KIND our little web community is... and genuinely cares about one another. I've been a member on several other forums with a lot of the regulars being pretty salty... visiting here is always refreshing).

Not to mention... anyone gets out of line, I'm #1 to call 'em out!

:lol:

Oh, by the way headed back to Hawaii this August!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(12th-25th)...... although on Maui (which is my little share of paradise). My younger brother squashed the Oahu suggestion, as I would "just try to go to Magnum sites"..... which he's right about .... but he'd probably join me since he's a Magnum fan too!

rubber chicken, any Magnum sites I should go to on Maui? (Besides the pot field from "Wave Goodbye")?

:wink:

But, this is Mike's thread, so good luck man, and stay safe out there!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#34 Post by rubber chicken »

Doc Ibold wrote:rubber chicken, any Magnum sites I should go to on Maui? (Besides the pot field from "Wave Goodbye")?
I don't think we know of any Maui locations. There was also Novel Connection (7.9), where Rick and TC were working on a business venture and talking to Magnum by cell phone. I think they were supposed to be on Maui, but I'm sure they weren't actually there. Perhaps you could just use your imagination. :)

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Lily »

Very best of luck Mike! And remember..you can always find a job, when you are already in one! :wink:

N1095A

#36 Post by N1095A »

Gee Doc, I don't take offense to your posting other topics on my thread. I consider you guys all friends. Have at it. Maybe one day we can all get together for a convention of sorts. Find a nice hotel and stock the bar with Coops and Old Dusseldorf. Kind of like in A.A.P.I. or The Return Of Luther Gillis. :lol:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#37 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mike, take care and check in when you can. I hope you find something you want really soon!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Steve »

Life on the road always sounds so adventurous and romantic to me, but I'm sure it wears you down after a while......Good luck,Mike.......You have the good Karma of this group as your wingman.......

N1095A

#39 Post by N1095A »

It never ceases to amaze me what truly great people are part of our online family. You've all been so kind in your thoughts and words, that I figure I'll keep you up to date.
I have good/bad news. The guy that wanted me to go over the road was supposed to set up the drug test and DOT physical this week, but I haven't heard from him since Tuesday. Not sure what's going on there. I received an email today about a job with the Pepsi Botteling Group. I applied about 3 months ago for a transport driver position with that company. I have been getting recorded phone messages from them stating that there are positions open in my area, but it's all done through their website, and when I go there there has been no jobs posted. Today I clicked a link in their email, and it took me to a page I hadn't seen before. It said my application was being processed for open positons in my area which I qualied for (the transport driver positions). So, I'm now waiting/hoping to hear about that. Maybe, Just maybe I won't have to go OTR.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#40 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Great news Mike. I think the Pepsi gig would be a good deal for you if it work out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#41 Post by golfmobile »

Mike,

See? Maybe there WAS a reason why that other guy didn't call back. So best of luck with Pepsi (though I'm a Coke drinker). Do keep us posted.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#42 Post by Doc Ibold »

golfmobile wrote:Mike,

See? Maybe there WAS a reason why that other guy didn't call back. So best of luck with Pepsi (though I'm a Coke drinker). Do keep us posted.

golf
REALLY?

From Atlanta?

You don't say!

:wink:

LOL

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by sophia »

I vote Pepsi. You know Pepsi was born in Carolina. :lol:

Good luck, Mike

Sophia

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#44 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

sophia wrote:I vote Pepsi. You know Pepsi was born in Carolina. :lol:

Good luck, Mike

Sophia
I'll second that being a fellow Tar Heel.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by sophia »

Hey, IKnowWhatYoureThinking,

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. :lol:

Keep warm!

Sophia