Ultra Hard Magnum Quiz

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ultra Hard Magnum Quiz

#31 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

K Hale wrote:OK... no one has gotten it so I’ll spill. Higgins uttered his first “Oh my God!” in S2 “Tropical Madness” when he opened the door expecting Jennifer Chapman only to find T.C. walking in. :lol:
KHale, That was a tough one. The below should be easier.

NEXT QUESTION: What is Magnum's favorite cookie?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by 308GUY »

"NEXT QUESTION: What is Magnum's favorite cookie?"

Gotta be Fig Newtons! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:"NEXT QUESTION: What is Magnum's favorite cookie?"
Gotta be Fig Newtons! :lol:
Right you are 308GUY,
Hah! You only got that because manys the breakfast of Fig Newtons and bottles of Old Dusseldorf you have shared with TM.

NEXT QUESTION:
You might have noticed on Magnum's nightstand a photograph, who is in it?

----------------------------------------
Some good advice -
"Never give advice. A wise man doesn't need it and a fool won't take it"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by 308GUY »

"NEXT QUESTION:
You might have noticed on Magnum's nightstand a photograph, who is in it?"

I'll take a shot in the dark on this one...just from memory...is it his (TS) own mom & dad?

*(Yaknow....they say the memory is the second thing to go....can't remember what the first was.... :lol: )

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:"NEXT QUESTION:
You might have noticed on Magnum's nightstand a photograph, who is in it?"

I'll take a shot in the dark on this one...just from memory...is it his (TS) own mom & dad?
*(Yaknow....they say the memory is the second thing to go....can't remember what the first was.... :lol: )
308Guy,
You got to admit that was a fastball down the middle. How about a change up?

NEXT QUESTION:
What rock band had three of it's songs played on Magnum episodes?

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#36 Post by Pahonu »

Genesis: "Mama" in "Death and Taxes", "Tonight Tonight Tonight" in "Laura", and "The Brazilian" in "Unfinished Business".

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote:Genesis: "Mama" in "Death and Taxes", "Tonight Tonight Tonight" in "Laura", and "The Brazilian" in "Unfinished Business".
Hi Pahonu,
Remind me not to play "Name That Tune" with you. By the way, anyone who posts a correct answer, please feel free to put up your own Quiz Question.

NEXT QUESTION:
Magnum wore 2 pieces of jewelry all during the series. Starting in the last episodes of season 3 he added one more. What were the first two and the later
addition?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Russell Coight, Outback host of "Russell Coight's All Aussie Adventures":
"The difference between seeing someone and NOT seeing someone in the outback is 110 square kilometers. That's a lot of land, and not many people.
Depending on where you are within that land. If you're in a town, the numbers go right up."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by 308GUY »

Sort of a shot in the "twilight"...as I'm quite sure about two of them:

Season 1-3 Chronosport Sea Quartz 30 divers watch.

Then a Rolex GMT Master (16750) divers watch.

According to the info page on this site, the MIA bracelet was worn in seasons 1-7 with "SP4 Kenneth Ray Lancaster 1968 on it, but that would mean he wore 3 pieces of jewelry for at least seasons 1-7 and just changed watch styles/brands at the end of the third season, and not two then three. Would also suggest that the bracelet was not worn in season 8.

And of course ALL of us know the team ring was there from the beginning to the end....and beyond! (As was/is the GMT Master! :lol: )

:geek: :?:

Should this turn out to be correct...when did TC first wear his suspenders on screen? 8)

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#39 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:Sort of a shot in the "twilight"...as I'm quite sure about two of them:

According to the info page on this site, the MIA bracelet was worn in seasons 1-7 with "SP4 Kenneth Ray Lancaster 1968 on it, but that would mean he wore 3 pieces of jewelry for at least seasons 1-7 and just changed watch styles/brands at the end of the third season, and not two then three. Would also suggest that the bracelet was not worn in season 8.
And of course ALL of us know the team ring was there from the beginning to the end....and beyond! (As was/is the GMT Master! :lol: )

Should this turn out to be correct...when did TC first wear his suspenders on screen? 8)
Hi 308Guy,
I might have to turn in my Magnum Mania Trivia Card as I seem to have got this query wrong. My answer was the Chronosport watch and the team ring, then the MIA
bracelet appearing near the end of season three. I altogether forgot about the 'sequel' watch Rolex GMT Master. Are we sure Magnum has the MIA bracelet from
season one on? I don't have the DVD set and get my Magnum fix from the COZI-TV reruns and would have to wait awhile for the early seasons to come round again.
But I am pretty sure the bracelet wasn't worn in the early episodes. If anyone knows for sure I would be grateful to be corrected as I would want to get this right.
308Guy I bow to your superior knowledge regarding the watches, but the Magnum Mania info page could be wrong about the date of the MIA bracelets appearance.
Odds are I am wrong, as going against the Magnum Mania information notes is like challenging the guys who write the Jeopardy answers.

Pahonu

#40 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
308GUY wrote:Sort of a shot in the "twilight"...as I'm quite sure about two of them:

Hi 308Guy,
I might have to turn in my Magnum Mania Trivia Card as I seem to have got this query wrong. My answer was the Chronosport watch and the team ring, then the MIA
bracelet appearing near the end of season three. I altogether forgot about the 'sequel' watch Rolex GMT Master. Are we sure Magnum has the MIA bracelet from
season one on? I don't have the DVD set and get my Magnum fix from the COZI-TV reruns and would have to wait awhile for the early seasons to come round again.
But I am pretty sure the bracelet wasn't worn in the early episodes. If anyone knows for sure I would be grateful to be corrected as I would want to get this right.
308Guy I bow to your superior knowledge regarding the watches, but the Magnum Mania info page could be wrong about the date of the MIA bracelets appearance.
Odds are I am wrong, as going against the Magnum Mania information notes is like challenging the guys who write the Jeopardy answers.
I don't think we see the MIA bracelet in season one. I haven't looked at the episodes either, but I don't remember it in the first seasons, plural.

I was originally going to answer he wears a watch and a ring, without being specific, then added the bracelet.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by 308GUY »

Pahonu wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:

Hi 308Guy,
I don't think we see the MIA bracelet in season one. I haven't looked at the episodes either, but I don't remember it in the first seasons, plural.

I was originally going to answer he wears a watch and a ring, without being specific, then added the bracelet.
My exact reaction to the original question. The watch (Chronosport) and the ring for 3 seasons, THEN the MIA bracelet....BUT in the "Magnum Gear" section of this very forum
( :lol: ) it reads....MIA Bracelet MIA Bracelet memorial bracelets.com $65 Magnum's MIA bracelet contained the following inscription - "SP4 Kenneth Ray Lancaster, 1968". Worn in seasons 1-7.

So either we are wrong....or the gear section of the forum is wrong...can't be BOTH ways! :shock:

Your reply and my initial impression fall in line with the 2 then 3 pieces of jewelry. So I guess we'll leave it up to Dobie, as he posed the original question? :magnum:

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#42 Post by K Hale »

I too was going to guess the watch and ring, and then the bracelet came later.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Pahonu

#43 Post by Pahonu »

We seem to have reached a small consensus. :D

For what it's worth, I looked at the screen caps from the last 6 episodes of season two from this website. They all show one or more shots of Magnum with the Chronosport and no MIA bracelet.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by terryfromkerry »

Okay guys ........ it's probably not even my turn to pose a quiz question yet . However here goes, I am 99% sure Magnum wore the black jungle bird aloha shirt ( a personal favourite of mine) in only 2 episodes. Can you name the episodes ? I am thinking (even as I type) this is way too easy a question for most MPI maniacs ! :D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#45 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY
I was originally going to answer he wears a watch and a ring, without being specific, then added the bracelet.[/quote]

My exact reaction to the original question. The watch (Chronosport) and the ring for 3 seasons, THEN the MIA bracelet....BUT in the "Magnum Gear" section of this very forum
( :lol: ) it reads....MIA Bracelet MIA Bracelet memorial bracelets.com $65 Magnum's MIA bracelet contained the following inscription - "SP4 Kenneth Ray Lancaster, 1968". Worn in seasons 1-7.

So either we are wrong....or the gear section of the forum is wrong...can't be BOTH ways! :shock:
Your reply and my initial impression fall in line with the 2 then 3 pieces of jewelry. So I guess we'll leave it up to Dobie, as he posed the original question? :magnum:[/quote][/quote]

Well, I'm thinking this is all above my pay grade now. But if it is up to me, I say Magnum Gear is wrong. I'd bet money that bracelet wasn't worn in the first year.