MGI is back . . . . . well, sort of.

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

MGI is back . . . . . well, sort of.

#1 Post by golfmobile »

MGI accompanied Larry and me on a disastrous "vacation" to the Dominican Republic (HINT: don't bother with the "all inclusive" resorts there! The food is fine -- if you eat three times a day [which we usually don't, so I was dismayed to gain four pounds!], but you can drink ALL DAY LONG and never get the least buzz, because the booze is so watered down!! I just happen to resent paying big bucks per person per day for "all inclusive" booze that is 60 percent cocoanut-flavored water! HOW can every drink taste and smell like cocoanut?? Ugh!) (and we went there so we could play golf and snorkel, but it rained frequently [e.g., ten minutes of downpour about once every two hours] so the golf courses were virtual swamps, and the rain and wind kept the ocean floor so stirred up that we couldn't see anything when trying to snorkel [though I did see some sea urchins when snorkeling one time at low tide in 12 inches of water . . . .] not our most "successful" vacation . . . . MGI and I are pushing Maui as our next vacation destination.)

Do you know that everyone in the WORLD is fat (I thought it was just us Americans, but most of the people there were Canadians, Germans, and the French)? (though I confess, tan fat looks better than pale fat -- maybe I'm too conservative in my old age, but I couldn't believe the people wearing string bikinis and Speedos -- uhhh, don't they have a mirror???)

Anyway, MGI had fun on the beach. Check him out at:

MGI in DR

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Steve »

Wow,I haven't heard that song in a long time, that was always one of my guilty pleasure songs to listen to, but of course I would not let my friends know I listened to it.....LOL! Good to see MGI back on vacation, even though it wasn't the greatest time to be down there as I saw the terrible flooding going on watching the news, glad you all made it through that A-OK...........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, no doubt Steve; "Beach Baby" by The First Class! I havn't heard that in forever! Great song! And nice job on the MGI video golf! :)

I'm so jealous. You guys have gone on like four "exotic" vacations in the last year! We go on one one-week vacation a year, and even then we don't make it out of the state. That's ok though, our youngest is almost at the point where we start taking "bigger" vacations - Disney World here we come! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Carmen
MPI

#4 Post by Carmen »

Hi Golf,
so that`s where you`ve been!!
Let me tell you a secret about fat Germans: They only wear Bikinis and Speedos when they are on vacation. Unfortunately Germans use to choose ridiculous clothes for there vacation. (Socks and sandals, still too short shorts and so on) :wink: ohh and they are as noisy as Italians *BEG*
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#5 Post by golfmobile »

Carmen,

Welll, I'm certainly glad to know they wear bikinis and Speedos only on vacation -- I'd hate to picture the streets of downtown Berlin populated with residents in bikinis and Speedos!!! "OH, MY GOD!!!!"

:lol:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

Carmen wrote:
ohh and they are as noisy as Italians
Hey Carmen...you say that like it's a BAD thing!!!! LOL :D Italians try to keep it down to a dull roar most of the time! :D

Carmen
MPI

#7 Post by Carmen »

:D SL and golf!!

I hate to admit it, but when I say "on vacation" I do not mean at the beach or poolside only, you can find German women and men in beachwear trying to go grocery shopping in Italy. They had to put signs with "no beachwear inside" at the grocery stores there :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)