Aloha!

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Homeward Angel
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Aloha!

#1 Post by Homeward Angel »

Hello, newbie here. Well, sort of. My husband Mike (N1095A) is a regular here, so I've been looking at the board for a while now, especially when Mike has something to show me. I'm perhaps not quite as big an Magnum fan as he, but I do watch and love the show, especially the exchanges between Thomas and Higgins. I thought I'd sign up rather than lurk. It seems like a very friendly place, and James, as Mike has pointed out many times, you've created something very special here.
Last edited by Homeward Angel on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy it here as much as Mike does, and I know we really like having his opinion in our board discussions.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#3 Post by golfmobile »

OH .. . . MY . . . . . . GAWD!!!!

This has GOT to be some kind of record-breaker! Two spouses both signing up for membership and posting! Amazing! We always assumed Mike was cool because, . . . well, he was here. Isn't everyone here cool? But he must be really cool if he has a spouse who also has enough interest to join and post -- not to mention how cool the SPOUSE is to jump into this with him and us! Not only gracious tolerance but shared interests! Homeward Angel must have one heckuva sense of humor!

Now we get to hear the OTHER side of his stories!!! :lol: :lol:

I am seriously impressed with that marriage!!

ALOHA, Homeward Angel!!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Homeward Angel
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by Homeward Angel »

Thanks for your responses. It's kind of tough to live with Mike and not appreciate Magnum. The show is so much a part of his character. Not in a weird way or anything, but he was influenced at a young age by the relationships between the characters. Even when he's not wearing the watch, bracelet, belt, sunglasses, one of his ever growing collection of caps, (The list goes on and on), you can see the influence. We can't go near a deli without him saying "pickled egg please". When we go to the beach, quite often upon seeing dog prints, one of us will exclaim "Zeus, Apollo patrol". he presents me with many oppertunities to say "Oh My God!". I sincerely don't think he fancies himself a Thomas Magnum. I think it's just a parallel between being a humorous, good, honest, loyal, upstanding guy, and the characters from the show being written that way. Anyway, I don't want to say too much. As George Costanza would say "Worlds are colliding". My parents aren't doing too well, and I wanted to move here to be closer to them. Mike gave up a lot to move down here with me. He's been sort of down because of not finding a job, but things will work out. I saw where he had something like 500 posts. I likely won't be as prolific as he is, but I'll be here around. It seems like a great bunch of people, and he speaks very highly of all.
Last edited by Homeward Angel on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome Homeward Angel! Mike is a lucky man. A very lucky man. ;)
he presents me with many oppertunities to say "Oh My God!".
Hehe! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Homeward Angel
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#6 Post by Homeward Angel »

James J. Walters wrote:Welcome Homeward Angel! Mike is a lucky man. A very lucky man. ;)
he presents me with many oppertunities to say "Oh My God!".
Hehe! :)
:oops: Maybe I should have worded that differently. I meant in a Higgins to Magnum sort of way, but that'll work too :wink:.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#7 Post by Doc Ibold »

:shock:

Welcome Homeward Angel!

And no worries! In this little corner of the world, we totally understand the Higgins comment!

Wow, we have our first couple onboard!

(That we know of).

Glad to have you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Lily »

Welcome Homeward Angel!

Nice to have you join the ranks of the women here! Make sure you get your fair share of time on the boards eh? :)
Lily

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Frodoleader »

Good to have you Homeward Angel!
I like your user name and actually considered it for mine when I joined this forum. I believe it was TC's call sign in the pilot episode.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#10 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome Homeward Angel!

I love to see another enabling spouse!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04