What current shows are now your "can't miss" shows

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#31 Post by golfmobile »

sophia,

Thanks! It's "Maui Chopper." I just Googled it. I need to see if I get truTV (I think that used to be Court TV, which I get). I'll see if I can TiVo this show.

Thanks again!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by Sam »

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#33 Post by golfmobile »

Thanks, Sam and sophia,

Got it DVR'd -- I'm just sorry I missed the first 3-4 episodes! It apparently premiered on Dec. 8 and it seems to run weekly. I hope it continues for a while. I'll love watching another MD500D (yes, sophia, it IS TC's model of helicopter!) in action.

I find it very interesting that a helicopter that was designed and put into use around 30 years ago is still being used so much! I guess this particular model is so adept at flying tricky maneuvers that it is still used many years later. Gotta be a lot of maintenance for these old helis!

Now, I would watch a show about this heli in action that was filmed almost anywhere -- but I find it particularly exciting that this show is filmed in Hawaii. I love ANYTHING Hawaii. I am now hooked (and have even gotten Larry hooked) on "Lost," just because it is/was filmed on Oahu. Wish rubberchicken could find some locations for it! But it was SO entertaining to see a couple of episodes filmed on Waimanalo Beach where you could clearly see Rabbit Island in the background (shades of MPI and the tidal pool!). I just wonder where the main beach from the show is -- not Waimanalo -- must be the less-visited western beaches . . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by Sam »

Hi Golf,
The main crash scenes were shot on the the north shore,damn near the end of the road.Here is a link that has the locations.

http://www.lostvirtualtour.com/
Last edited by Sam on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#35 Post by rubber chicken »

I've often come across that site while researching locations, and included links to it's pages - Magnum P.I. and Lost filming locations tend to overlap. I've never watched Lost, and don't know who works on that site, but they seem pretty dedicated, presumably traveling around Oahu themselves and getting personal photos.

I wonder if any location scouts worked on Magnum P.I. and also Lost, like set decorator Rick Romer has.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#36 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

THANKS VERY MUCH for that link!!! That's fantastic! Well, if you're a "Lost" fan, it is. I started watching, I think I've said, only because it was filmed on Oahu and I wanted to look for MPI locations used (the island is only so big) but became hooked -- though by the middle of the fourth season, it's starting to be a bit funky -- close to jumping the shark with all the convoluted conspiracies and who's a bad guy and who's a good guy. Neverthless, I'll continue to watch through to the end of the fourth season because there's not much else to watch on TV in the evenings (I'm getting rather tired of Moderns Marvels, How It's Made, and Mythbusters -- though all are good and make the most mundane things interesting, still . . . . I can stand only so much).

Okay, off to the liquor store to buy vodka -- mother-in-law in Florida sent her usual box of Florida citrus so I need something to mix with all the orange and grapefruit juice I'll squeeze.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

kudubuck
Lieutenant

#37 Post by kudubuck »

As a real no kidding CSI , I stay away from anything CSI. Too Hollywood. I like Burn Notice (for the escape from reality) and Jesse Stone, whenever it's on.
I'm gonna make it, Dad.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#38 Post by SelleckLover »

I watch very little network TV. I don't even watch Boston Legal anymore...I'm over it now! Now, the only shows I watch that are network are Wheel of Fortune and Judge Judy, and that's about it. I've been watching Wheel ever since it started on prime-time...don't know when that was, but my son made an interesting observation one time. Back when I was working and actually had a job, I used to come home and frantically cook dinner and clean up quickly so I could watch it. He said, "Guy Mom, you're just like the Rainman -- three minutes to Wapner!" Out of the mouths of babes....LOL :D