What current shows are now your "can't miss" shows

For everything else!

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Very nice bike Steve. I'll always been afraid to get on one because of all of the idiots on the road!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations is a truly great show. :)
What a character. His Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly is one of my all-time favorite books.

I saw an episode the other night where he was cruising around Mexico with Andrew Zimmern, the host of the new show Bizarre Foods (another one of my favorite shows). Well, at the end, Andrew says goodbye and walks off. Bourdain looks at the camera and says, "I give him one season." LOL!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Carmen
MPI

#18 Post by Carmen »

Have one more to add. After I got my daily dose of MPI I watch "111 Destinations". Bad thing is that now I want to travel around the world to see all those places and don`t have the money. :(
A bit off topics, but who else cannot miss Magnum on TV while it is available on DVD? I mean I can watch whatever episode I want whenever I have the time, but every night at 10 minutes to 10 I HAVE to switch to MPI. Drives hubby crazy one day...
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#19 Post by rubber chicken »

James J. Walters wrote:
rubber chicken wrote:Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations is a truly great show. :)
What a character. His Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly is one of my all-time favorite books.

I saw an episode the other night where he was cruising around Mexico with Andrew Zimmern, the host of the new show Bizarre Foods (another one of my favorite shows). Well, at the end, Andrew says goodbye and walks off. Bourdain looks at the camera and says, "I give him one season." LOL!
Hehe, he's a funny guy. And so well spoken. I think that's one of the reasons that really makes the show special, his ability to communicate in his own unique fashion. I've been meaning to read Kitchen Confidential, everyone who speaks of it gives very high praise.

Lt. Cook
Commander

#20 Post by Lt. Cook »

After Golfmobile mentioned it somewhere, I got Hooked on Burn Notice. After seeing a couple of episodes. my wife says "hey this is an updated Magnum!"

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#21 Post by IslandHopper »

Lt. Cook wrote:After Golfmobile mentioned it somewhere, I got Hooked on Burn Notice. After seeing a couple of episodes. my wife says "hey this is an updated Magnum!"
Burn Notice is a great show, but it reminds me of a newer version of "The Equalizer," or a one man "A-Team" (although he does have help).
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by MPS »

Now I must check out Burn Notice, if it is at all like The Equalizer. That was one of my most favorite TV shows ever.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

Bought a CD today with "TV`s greatest Hits" including MPI, The Rockford files, MacGyver, The A-Team theme music (and The Waltons, Bonanza...) most are 80s series, so not only the series, but the theme music too was better back than... :roll:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by Frodoleader »

I must be addicted to "crime shows". My list includes
Criminal Minds
Numb3rs
Bones
all Law & Order shows

the one recurring theme in all shows listed must be the attractive women in them! :wink:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#25 Post by golfmobile »

SO happy I helped someone else find "Burn Notice." I agree it's the best "Magnum of the Millenium" offering available.

golf

P.S.

Carmen,

I still have the 33 1/3 rpm album of "Mike Post's Greatest Hits," that has MPI, along with all his others, which are great, my second favorite being his "Believe It or Not" from "Greatest American Hero" -- not such a great show, but a great theme song!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Coops »

Anything with chef Gordon Ramsay.

House, Big Bang Theory, 'Til Death, Wipeout (a guilty pleasure), Army Wives (huge babe factor, esp. Catherine Bell...meoww!), just about anything on Discovery/History Channel/National Geographic Channel.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#27 Post by SelleckLover »

I, too, have begun to watch Burn Notice. It's pretty good, and it shows how cells phones almost have a starring role in this type of show! The older guy, the ex-girlfriend and his brother represent the Rick & T.C. characters and his mother represents the Higgins character. The only thing I don't like about it is all the violence and mayhem. Somehow Magnum didn't come across to me as that violent. I realize that they have to put that stuff in to bring in a younger audience. Maybe getting to feast my eyes on TS every week sort of de-emphasized the violence for me...I don't know...sigh! :lol: (Am I being shallow again?!)

Lt Tanaka
Vice Admiral

#28 Post by Lt Tanaka »

Battlestar Galactica

n.magnum
Lieutenant

The Unit!!

#29 Post by n.magnum »

The Unit on CBS is my favorite show on now. I don't usually like modern shows. It is about a special forces unit. It stars Dennis Haybert who was a guest star on Magnum p.i and was a co star in Mr.Baseball with Selleck. Dennis was on "24" for a few seasons as the U.S President.

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by sophia »

I don't really have any shows I must watch.
I did see a new show on wednesday night.
It was on the trutv channel and called Maui something.
Can't remember the complete title.
Anyway it's about Windward Aviation Company located in Maui Hawaii.
It's helicopter flying at its best, I think I read where they use the same type of helicopter as Magnum pi used.
I thought of golfmobile when watching this show.
Golf, you might want to check this one out.
They also have a website.
Sophia