For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

Three men and a Bride

#1 Post by Miss Q »

Hey gang,

just found this story...

Actor STEVE GUTTENBERG will reunite with TOM SELLECK and TED DANSON for a new sequel to 1987 hit movie THREE MEN AND A BABY.
The acting trio scored huge box office success with their comedic turn as bachelors forced to look after a girlfriend's kids after they are left holding the baby.

They made a sequel in 1990, titled Three Men and a Little Lady, and now, 18 years later, Guttenberg, Selleck and Danson are set to reprise their roles for a new installment.

Guttenberg, 50, says, "Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and I are looking to make another Three Men And A Baby movie. It's called Three Men and A Bride. The script is pretty much written and we are really keen to get that made. We're very hopeful."

Guttenberg is also in the process of reviving the Police Academy franchise, which shot him to fame in the early 1980s.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... el_1087830
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

layne
Vice Admiral

#2 Post by layne »

I wonder if this is just a rumor like the one where Tom was going to be on DWTS. What do you think Miss Q? I'm not sure...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Three men and a Bride

#3 Post by J.J. Walters »

Miss Q wrote:Actor STEVE GUTTENBERG will reunite with TOM SELLECK and TED DANSON for a new sequel to 1987 hit movie THREE MEN AND A BABY.
Image Image Image
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Artie Canoe
Captain

#4 Post by Artie Canoe »

Yeah not a good idea :shock:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

Smacks of desperation . . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

I'd much rather see this:
"Tom Selleck announced today that he'll reunite with John Hillerman, Roger E.Mosley, and Larry Manetti in Hawaii for a long awaited Magnum P.I. reunion movie. While unclear as to when production will begin, Selleck stated that a script written by himself and Magnum P.I. creator Donald P. Bellisario has been completed. It will be produced as a four part mini-series for CBS television, and will air some time in mid 2009."
"But Higgins, I can explain."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#7 Post by SelleckLover »

I'd like to see that too N1095A...Bellisario has been free since he left NCIS earlier this year! Sadly, I think it's too much to ask for... :cry:

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

N1095A wrote:I'd much rather see this:
"Tom Selleck announced today that he'll reunite with John Hillerman, Roger E.Mosley, and Larry Manetti in Hawaii for a long awaited Magnum P.I. reunion movie. While unclear as to when production will begin, Selleck stated that a script written by himself and Magnum P.I. creator Donald P. Bellisario has been completed. It will be produced as a four part mini-series for CBS television, and will air some time in mid 2009."
I know! I would love that! Too bad it will never happen.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

N1095A wrote:I'd much rather see this:
Don't forget the part about "with the option to film more or possibly bring the show back if it becomes a ratings hit"

Carmen
MPI

#10 Post by Carmen »

It`s so nice to realize we still have dreams *sigh* untill they come true I`ll take whatever I can get, even a "Three men and a bride" movie :wink:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Miss Q »

I'm with you Carmen! :wink:
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#12 Post by golfmobile »

I wouldn't object to "Three Men and a Bride," though it's probably just a good rumor, a la DWTS.

However, let's play with it a minute. Peter, TS' character, has dumped the real mother, Nancy Travis? I never liked her (or she dumped him to go off to Hollywood and be a famous actress) and he is now single, so a subplot will be a new romance for him. Ted Danson is with Diane Keaton (okay, "Mad Money" wasn't so good but Danson and Keaton were good together in it). It has been revealed over the intervening years that Steve Guttenberg is actually gay, and he is partnered with Robin Williams.

I know zippity-do-da about 20-something actresses, so I need some suggestions as to who should play grown-up Mary. But she's a CIA analyst who is marrying another CIA guy who is a spy who will be gone a lot on top-secret missions against terrorists. Who can we cast for that role? Now Mary's female boss is coming to the wedding and helping with planning, and it turns out she's Margaret Colin (his sometime girlfriend in TM&AB movie, plus being with him in "Lost Ark"), who was undercover as whatever she was in TM&AB but has now been promoted up the CIA ladder to head of Mary's important fact-finding and analysis section. So she and Peter can re-establish ties. Of course, I wouldn't object if Laura San Giacomo were cast in this role, since I've always wanted a Quigley Down Under reunion . . . .

But I don't know if we want to play the groom as a really good, competent, say, ex-Special Forces guy who makes our three guys look like adolescents (say, Vin Diesel who can do comedy and action -- see "The Pacifier") - or whether he should be a Maxwell Smart type and the guys are trying to talk her out of the marriage because they have someone else in mind for her . . . . . and that leads to another plot line. Yeah, wait, the groom is the goof and our guys want Vin Diesel for her instead. They know him (and he's always loved Mary) because . . . .

Need some help here . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#13 Post by Agatha »

Atta, girl, golf!! We need a positive attitude here!! Didn't Jean-Claude say that they reprised the French version of Three Men and a Baby? So what's wrong with a reprisal of the American version...to "prime the pump" so to speak, for N1095A's anouncement.

Thoughts become things!! We need copies of N1095A's "blurb" on our refrigerators and our mirrors and and our dashboards. And if all of us say it over and over...every day...maybe...

:)

DON'T GIVE UP!!

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

I hadn't run across this thread -- Hubby saw an article on the Fox News website on Monday about this movie, first either one of us had heard about it. Unfortunately, the article didn't have any updates over what had been reported in late '08 and again in late '09. It was basically just an excuse for a slideshow, but presumably indicates that the film really is still very much alive.

I see that Internet Movie Database lists it as a 2012 movie, but of course any additional info they may have on it is by payment only. Here's that link for any of you who have paid for IMDbPro (maybe you could post some quotes here). It also shows up on Tom Selleck's filmography (as "Under Development"), but not (yet) on Nancy Travis's. I liked her just fine in the first two "Three Men" movies, so am hoping they do have her back for this one -- either that or, as golf suggested, eliminate her role. I find it distracting when the same character is played by a different actor/actress.

While I certainly wouldn't put Bride in the same category as a true Magnum reunion, Hubby and I have always enjoyed Tom Selleck in this sort of comedy role, and are looking forward to seeing this movie.
Carol