The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#91 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:Hmm, can't quite tell. I would be cool if it was!

Here's a great (one-hour) interview with Larry Manetti that aired last year on John Aberle's radio show in Philadelphia. John emailed me about it and said he is a huge Magnum fan (which you can tell due his enthusiasm and comments in the interview). He's even made the pilgrimage to the Estate! :)

http://insidementalhealth.podomatic.com ... 1_33-08_00
Great interview.....Thanks for posting the link.............Maybe John can come on the site and tell us about his pilgrimage to the Estate and his adventure on the other side of the fence.........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#92 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:Great interview.....Thanks for posting the link.............Maybe John can come on the site and tell us about his pilgrimage to the Estate and his adventure on the other side of the fence.........
I caught that, too! That takes some balls! As much as I would love to just stand on that grass, even for a couple of seconds, I don't think I'd be able to do it.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#93 Post by wdm »

Really great interview. Thanks for sharing it. I can't believe what it would be like to stand on the estate. Larry's radio show on CRN has been really good the last two weeks. He has been getting some great questions. Tomorrow his guest is Robert Wagner. That should be a great interview, but I am still waiting for TS and John Hillerman to guest. Hope some more Magnum fans call in.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#94 Post by Styles Bitchley »

wdm wrote:Larry's radio show on CRN has been really good the last two weeks. He has been getting some great questions. Tomorrow his guest is Robert Wagner. That should be a great interview, but I am still waiting for TS and John Hillerman to guest. Hope some more Magnum fans call in.
Has anybody been archiving these? I haven't had time to listen to more than a couple, but I'd like to at some point. I fear the CRN website will take them down at some point though.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#95 Post by wdm »

Last night on Larry's show I got to call in and ask Robert Wagner a question. The person answering the phones asked if I would talk to him instead of asking Larry a question. This show keeps getting better and better. I hope everyone gets to call in sometime. Styles, it looks like the shows are saved for a year. I will try to find out for sure

wdm
Vice Admiral

#96 Post by wdm »

Today Larry's guest is Rosalind Kind ( Barbara Streisand sister). I wonder if there is a Magnum connection here? Anyone know?

wdm
Vice Admiral

#97 Post by wdm »

Bo Hopkins will be Larry's guest today.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#98 Post by wdm »

Just heard that Lorenzo Lamas will be Larry's guest this week.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by Steve »

wdm wrote:Just heard that Lorenzo Lamas will be Larry's guest this week.
Ah yes, a fellow biker. His first wife was best friends with my ex-wife and was her maid of honor at our wedding. Any good tidbits you can share from the shows, Bill. I just can't find the time to listen to the web version any longer...............

wdm
Vice Admiral

#100 Post by wdm »

I will be glad to. Hope you get to listen to some of the shows soon. Larry is a natural and has so much fun on the show. I have gotten to call in several times and he is very easy to talk to. I also hear that Roger is going to be on again soon and that they are working on John Hillerman.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#101 Post by wdm »

Hello everyone. Just got word that next week Larry Wilcox will be Larry's guest. Also, and here is the big news for Magnum fans, Roger E. Mosley is scheduled for March 6th. Hope a bunch of us get to call in and talk to them.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#102 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome, thanks for the "heads up"!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley

#103 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Yes indeed. Thanks WDM.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#104 Post by wdm »

Just got word that Burt Young is tomorrow guest. He was great in Rocky. Still can't wait for Rogers guest appearance. Wonder if John Hillerman will make the guest list?

Styles Bitchley

#105 Post by Styles Bitchley »

wdm wrote:Wonder if John Hillerman will make the guest list?
That'd be a do not miss episode. I'd even wake up in the middle of the night to hear it live!

- J.Q.H.