The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#511 Post by MACattack »

I always thought 40 was old. Now, I'm 34, not quite over the hill yet. But, Tom Selleck looks good for his age, and I've heard he owes it to good genes!
I just don't give a damn!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#512 Post by Coops »

I didn't say he looked bad, quite the contrary. I only meant it is odd, after all of these years watching MPI, to see him in his 60's. Nice to see you back SL! :D

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#513 Post by MACattack »

Thats why we need an MPI movie with the original cast. Yeah, everybody has aged a little, but it would be great to see Magnum in the new century! Wonder how he's livin now?

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#514 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks, Coops! Nice to be back. =)

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#515 Post by Doc Ibold »

Welcome back SL!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#516 Post by wdm »

Has anyone heard about TS and how the ceremony went in Oklahoma City and the Cowboy Hall of Fame?

layne
Vice Admiral

#517 Post by layne »

Looks like Tom's promoting No Remorse. He'll be appearing with Craig Ferguson on Thursday 4/29, and with Regis and Kelly on Weds 5/5.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#518 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks for the heads up!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#519 Post by Steve »

layne wrote:Looks like Tom's promoting No Remorse. He'll be appearing with Craig Ferguson on Thursday 4/29, and with Regis and Kelly on Weds 5/5.
I don't know if anyone else caught the appearance on Craig Ferguson. It wasn't a very good interview but then again I guess I always want his interviews to be 90% Magnum related and the other 10% to talk about Jesse Stone and other things.................Got my DVR set for Regis and Kelly on Thursday, that should be more entertaining.........

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#520 Post by MACattack »

I thought it was a decent interview. I always love when he's on Colin's show. I feel like I'm having beer with them, shooting the breeze!

robspace54
Vice Admiral

#521 Post by robspace54 »

I just finished watching the Biography program that aired Tuesday evening/morning. What a nice review of Tom Selleck, and it once again let's us know about the real guy Tom Selleck - and how that obviously came through the small screen on Magnum, p.i.

He said something about having the number rated show (Magnum) and the number one movie (Three Men and a Baby) and what more can you ask for? He must be one out of ten thousand actors who can say that and be satisfied.

TS you are a class act - but you knew that already.

Rob
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#522 Post by wdm »

Did anyone catch TS on the Regis and Kelli Show? Does anyone know what kind of boots does he consider his lucky shoes?

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#523 Post by Steve »

wdm wrote:Did anyone catch TS on the Regis and Kelli Show? Does anyone know what kind of boots does he consider his lucky shoes?
I saved it on my DVR and have watched it a couple of times. It was a funny interview with Tom talking a bit about his avacado ranch, how it was a rough year what with the drought, high winds and frost. He said all he could think of when he saw a dead baby avacado on the ground was another dollar lost...........LOL! He also mentioned he has 6 grand kids now. Hannah is now 21 and I don't think she is married so I am assuming they are all from his step son Kevin?

Carmen
MPI

#524 Post by Carmen »

Found this in an article about a new trailer for "Killers":
We also get Tom Selleck in Killers, playing Heigl's dad. That reminds me: If you're going to make a Magnum movie, just use Selleck. No need to look elsewhere.
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

mcgarrett11
Ensign

#525 Post by mcgarrett11 »

Surprised no one else has mentioned this yet on here: Tom Selleck is returning to CBS next fall with a new police drama. Combine that with the announcement that Hawaii Five-0's remake will also be airing on CBS next fall, and one can't help but get excited over the fact that Magnum and Five-0 are riding to the rescue!