Larry Manetti Radio Show Starts Today!!

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

wdm
Vice Admiral

#16 Post by wdm »

My email was returned also. I have emailed CRN to find out why. Who is going to call in today? ( 1-800-336-2225) I wonder if they will have a guest? It would be great to get Hillerman.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#17 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Okay, so starting at 6pm central time is 4pm in California, 7pm in New York. midnight in the UK and 1am in central Europe. Unfortunately, a bit too late for me on a weekday. Hope you guys can represent for all of us.

I'd like to see if anyone can get him going on some of the shenanigans that went on off camera. I bet there are endless stories from those eight years in Hawaii that got bumped from the book. He might actually be more candid speaking off the cuff.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#18 Post by wdm »

I received an email back from CRN. Larry's email should be up and working. He is hoping to get to answer a ton of calls and email questions this week.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

They finally have this weeks show on the web site. Another great job with questions, Bill. Good to hear him say again as he did last week that Hillerman is willing and able to come out of retirement for a Magnum reunion...............

wdm
Vice Admiral

#20 Post by wdm »

Thanks Steve. I hope he gets more calls and emails next week. They finally have his email working!! It is so much fun being able to talk to him. I am sure as the time goes on his stories will get better and better.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:Good to hear him say again as he did last week that Hillerman is willing and able to come out of retirement for a Magnum reunion...............
Yes! YES!! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:They finally have this weeks show on the web site. Another great job with questions, Bill. Good to hear him say again as he did last week that Hillerman is willing and able to come out of retirement for a Magnum reunion...............
Awesome!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Sam »

wdm wrote:Thanks Steve. I hope he gets more calls and emails next week. They finally have his email working!! It is so much fun being able to talk to him. I am sure as the time goes on his stories will get better and better.
Hi wdm,

I have no doubt his stories will get better,it would be nice if they were accurate.I think 8 years in the VOG has clouded his memory.

His favorite story is the "Shark" story,we hear it in every interview and now I think he believes it.It's mentioned in the book...Magnum lost at sea,Rick searching by boat,TC by air..The problem with the story is..Manetti didn't go in the water..Higgins dropped from the helicopter.

After reading the book,I pretty much take everything Manetti says with a grain of salt.

wdm
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by wdm »

Larry's show is on again today. Is anyone calling in or sending emails?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#25 Post by J.J. Walters »

Dinner with the Manetti's. It just might work. :)

From the first show, was the cat-in-the-freezer-that-was-revived-by-gasoline-under-the-tongue story a joke, or for real? I couldn't quite tell. :shock:
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#26 Post by Steve »

Dinner with Manetti would definitely be a realty show I could sink my teeth into. Not much info from the latest show due to half of it being spent interviewing Deana Martin. I sent Larrry a couple of e-mail questions so hopefully in future shows he will get around to answering some of our questions and the show will spend more time with the callers than only taking two or three calls...............

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Brian »

Yeah, Dinner with the Manetti's is one reality show I'd watch. I haven't sent a e-mail to him yet but I will this week, I had to think of some good questions.
Sneakers Higgins!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#28 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I also notice he has a cigar in the picture on the home page. I wonder if that is something Tom introduced him to?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#29 Post by Sam »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I also notice he has a cigar in the picture on the home page. I wonder if that is something Tom introduced him to?

Yep,in fact the picture of Manetti was taken at the Black Orchid Sept 23rd 1984,his first cigar lesson.

Selleck..."Ok Larry,you're getting the hang of holding the cigar,tomorrrow,we'll put a match to it and see how you do."

Manetti..."Gee,thanks pally"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#30 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Selleck is big in cigars. He has incorporated them into Blue Bloods as well. There are a few scenes where he smokes one, and he always has a box of Don Carlos God of Fire on his desk. They run about $30 a stick.