Selleck Shorts

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#16 Post by N1095A »

Here they are in "The Sixth Position":
Image Image

Note the really weird, wide "button-on" belt loops on the wide waist band, and extra buttons at the side. Also the hem. I saw them again in "Try To Remember"
I think when Tanaka is talking to TM in the guest house. With TM's bandages and shirt tail out it's hard to be sure. They appear briefly in "Forty Years From Sand Island" and "Legacy From A Friend". Also, I know he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt in some episode.
Last edited by N1095A on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#17 Post by Styles Bitchley »

N1095A wrote:Here they are in "The Sixth Position":
Image Image

Note the really weird, wide "button-on" belt loops on the wide waist band, and extra buttons at the side. Also the hem. I saw them again in "Try To Remember"
I think when Tanaka is talking to TM in the guest house. With TM's bandages and shirt tail out it's hard to be sure. Also, I know he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt in some episode.
Your memory astounds me!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#18 Post by ConchRepublican »

N1095A wrote:Here they are in "The Sixth Position":
Image Image

I think when Tanaka is talking to TM in the guest house. With TM's bandages and shirt tail out it's hard to be sure. Also, I know he wore them with the red jungle bird shirt in some episode.
I guess in tropical climates shorts are worn so much designers try to liven them up and offer options apart from the norm.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

N1095A

#19 Post by N1095A »

Here's a screen grab from "Forty Years From Sand Island", and a shot of the white version of the shorts he wore in "Faith And Begorrah"

Image Image

Sorry, that's the best shot I could get from F&B.
Last edited by N1095A on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by only looking »

Great catch there Mike. So have they been sold yet and if so what did they fetch?
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A

#21 Post by N1095A »

HA!!!
He wore them with the red jungle bird shirt in "Mixed Doubles" Oddly enough, immediately following the scene at the tennis court / locker room he appeared in Higgins' study wearing the same shirt, but normal tan shorts and the usual web belt. The shorts also appear in the wrap-up at the end of "The Arrow That Is Not Aimed".

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by MACattack »

The shorts is the only part of my Magnum wardrobe that I've taken liberty with. I've got the Hawaiian shirts, military style belt, hush puppies, aviator glasses, and Detroit Tigers hat. My shorts are a little baggy though.
I just don't give a damn!