The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

layne
Vice Admiral

#271 Post by layne »

Yeah. Sorry Golf. I'm listening now too. Tom isn't on, and Robert Conrad sounds really bad...like maybe he is having some health issues. He seems to be struggling and slurring his words. Anyway, maybe Tom will be on the last part of the show. Then again, maybe not...

sophia
Fleet Admiral

#272 Post by sophia »

I tuned in also. It was interesting though, even if it wasn't Tom.
Maybe next thursday.

layne
Vice Admiral

#273 Post by layne »

Yep, I'll keep checking CRN's schedule. Maybe Tom will be on some other time (of course, doesn't sound like their schedule is very accurate!). The part I liked is that you could call in. I would have loved to have called in with a question...although I don't know how coherent I would have sounded speaking with Tom!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#274 Post by Miss Q »

Hope this isn't an April Fools joke, but the TV Guide TV listings for TS indicate that the TVGuide Network is going to be showing a "Close Up" on him on 4/1 at 1:00 AM. The description is:

Tom Selleck's career is examined. Also: interviews with the actor.

Rats! I think I may have actually missed this in my collection!
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

layne
Vice Admiral

#275 Post by layne »

Miss Q wrote: Rats! I think I may have actually missed this in my collection!
Don't worry...you didn't miss much. I saw this on TVGuide. The interview with TS was actually fairly short. If I remember correctly, most of the show ended up showing clips from past interviews and clips from shows he has done. You probably have seen most of the stuff they ended up airing.

maggiepoole
Captain

#276 Post by maggiepoole »

layne wrote:Yep, I'll keep checking CRN's schedule. Maybe Tom will be on some other time (of course, doesn't sound like their schedule is very accurate!). The part I liked is that you could call in. I would have loved to have called in with a question...although I don't know how coherent I would have sounded speaking with Tom!
Well, they did mention Larry Manetti's name a couple of times!

Thanks for posting it, was worth checking out.
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#277 Post by Kahunagirl »

Yet another list out on ew.com. This one is "The Top 50 Actors We'd Watch in Anything." TS comes in at #23.
TOM SELLECK
With the perfect mix of movie star good looks and a boyish persona, the famously mustachioed Tom Selleck rocked Magnum, P.I. And His Sexiness cropped up in Las Vegas and Boston Legal — proving that he's both wonderfully throwback in nature while still being modern as all get-out.
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20190207_22,00.html

Kahunagirl

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#278 Post by J.J. Walters »

...proving that he's both wonderfully throwback in nature while still being modern as all get-out.
8)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#279 Post by SelleckLover »

Here's a fairly recent picture I found on eBay of TS, possibly taken on his avocado ranch. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOM-SELLECK-Terrifi ... dZViewItem

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#280 Post by SelleckLover »

Wish I had an extra $850+ sitting around that I didn't know what to do with!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-OF-A-KIND-Tom-S ... dZViewItem

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#281 Post by Kahunagirl »

Here's a fairly recent video of Tom and Jilly leaving Madeo (a restaurant) in West Hollywood ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVudErPtKfw

And this is an older, formal interview with TS, but I'd never seen it before coming across it just now on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKrzTh5k ... re=related

Kahunagirl

maggiepoole
Captain

#282 Post by maggiepoole »

Should You Keep Up With This 'Jones'?
By JEN CHANEY
washingtonpost.com Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Indiana Jones: The Adventure Collection," a new box set released on DVD ($49.99) today, exists for one primary reason: To promote the upcoming "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
The people at Paramount Pictures are no dummies. The long-awaited fourth installment in the Indiana Jones saga, which arrives in theaters May 22, is a big deal to both blockbuster-movie lovers and the studio. Naturally, it makes good business sense for Paramount to issue this DVD -- which boasts a new slate of bonus features -- at a time when fans of Harrison Ford's fedora-wearing, snake-fearing hero are eager to revisit the first three movies as prep for Indy 4.

But the question all consumers must ask before plunking down that precious 50 bucks is: Do I already own the Indiana Jones collection released in 2003? If the answer is yes, then there is no reason to buy the new one. All three of the movies -- "Raiders of the Lost Ark," "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" and "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" -- look exactly as they did on the previous collection; none of them has been remastered since then. And while the bonus features on the newer model are decent, they don't veer anywhere near the greatness of the two-hour making-of documentary found on the first Indy DVD, which boasted tons of behind-the-scenes material and footage of other actors (Tom Selleck! Sean Young!) auditioning for the leads in "Raiders."
The latest DVDs do boast one important benefit: Each can be bought individually ($26.99) outside of the box set. So if you don't want to own a copy of "Temple of Doom" -- and really, is that such a stretch? -- you can buy "Raiders" or "Crusade" by themselves, a luxury the initial release did not allow. Each of the discs comes with three different featurettes, a look at a scene in storyboard form, photo galleries and (surprise, surprise) previews for both "Crystal Skull" and the soon-to-be-released Indiana Jones Lego videogame.
Yes, in the end, it's all about the marketing of the Indiana Jones brand. So if you're buying into the hype, do yourself a favor and spend that hard-earned cash on the box set that came first. Paramount has not removed it completely from the market, so it's still available at various online retailers and perhaps even in some of those old-fashioned brick-and-mortar stores.
Best Bonus Point: My favorite extra on the new set is "The Melting Face!," a featurette that reveals how the filmmakers made one of the Nazis literally dissolve when the Ark of the Covenant is opened in "Raiders." Let's just say that gelatin and heat lamps were definitely involved.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/ar ... 51308.html

So, this new DVD set has Tom Selleck's audition for Raiders? :wink:
Might be fun to see.
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#283 Post by Steve »

Hopefully someone will be posting the Tom Selleck audition on You Tube so we can all save the money..........

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#284 Post by Kahunagirl »

Actually, that audition is on an earlier Indiana Jones trilogy set -- one that I picked up last year. If I knew how to rip it off the DVD and post it on YouTube, I'd be glad to do it. Somehow, I suspect my 12 year old could do it with his eyes closed!

On a slightly different TS topic ... Last Saturday, the TVGuide Channel ran a special called the "Sexiest TV Men of All Time." Maybe it's been on before, but I hadn't seen it. So, on a whim, I recorded it. Finally got to watch it just now and our man, TS, was named the #1 Sexiest TV man of all time! Somehow, I don't think they would get many arguments from our female members! :wink:

Odd that it wasn't listed in TS's upcoming TV appearances, on either IMDB or TVGuide.com. Of course, TVGuide.com shows every upcoming episode of "The Young and the Restless" in TS's listings!

Kahunagirl

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#285 Post by Miss Q »

Ah yes, TS will be in the perpetual cast of Y&R
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock