Las Vegas Cancelled

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

Las Vegas Cancelled

#1 Post by Kahunagirl »

Just read on a Las Vegas fan website that NBC has officially confirmed that Las Vegas has been cancelled.

I guess that means no more mini-Magnum reunions.

Hopefully, they'll come out with a Season 5 DVD set, so we can re-live that little reunion that was. It will be interesting to see if TS has anything to say about this on Craig Ferguson's show tonight ...

Kahuna

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#2 Post by SelleckLover »

This news doesn't surprise me. Maybe they had mercy on the show and decided to put it out of it's misery... :D

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

can you post the link please?
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Sam »

I found this Miss Q,

http://lasvegas-theseries.com/

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

I would let the release date for Season 8 ibe pushed back if they would just include that episode on it

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Miss Q »

thanks for the link.

What are we to do! no more new TS footage!

Any clue when Thin Ice will air?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#7 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh, wow. Las Vegas has been cancelled!? I can't say I've been much of a fan of the show, but that's a major bummer! So much for learning more about A.J.'s past. So much for seeing more of Selleck in a TV show in prime time (for now anyway)! :(
Ok, I'm thoroughly confused about this "baby booties/socks" thing. What in the world does it mean??
lasvegas-theseries.com wrote:We are going to bombard the studios with loads of baby booties/socks. We urge you to buy as many as you can and mail them to Ben Silverman, whose address is listed below. In your shipment please make sure to express the fact that you want a real ending to your favorite show.
That's the goal of this campaign - the get Vegas a real ending.

*If you don't want to buy the booties yourself, click on the donate button in the left sidebar. You can paypal me a donation and I will mail all the baby booties out in bulk. I'm going to take pictures of all the stuff that is mailed out and will also post them on the site.

So to summarize this campaign:

1. Either donate money to buy booties for me to ship to NBC or
2. buy your own baby booties and mail them to Ben Silverman.
3. In addition to the booties and/or donations - write as many letters as you can and mail them to the three addresses listed below. You should be mailing at least a few weekly. You need to write to all three but I'd especially concentrate on Silverman.
4. Any questions?
:?
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Miss Q »

Two main characters on the show are having a baby together. The birth as very close to happening....

As a sign of solidarity they want you to send baby booties to the powers that be....

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Steve »

I don't like fan sites for information, but it was reported on TV Guides Web Page as well........
http://tinyurl.com/2gz7vh

Steve
Chicago

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by Kahunagirl »

I just finished reading all the comments (9 pages worth right now) to the TVGuide announcement. Wow! I was really impressed with all the folks who said they started watching this year with the addition of TS, or had been watching all along and really liked the addition of him/Cooper. They couldn't all be "Magnum Maniacs." :lol:

Between the comments there and the "Save LV" campaign going on at the Las Vegas TV Series website (where the hard core LV fans reside), maybe there's a chance NBC will wrap up the season properly.

I saw speculation that ratings (or lack thereof) were the reason for the cancellation -- but that was countered by folks claiming that LV's ratings were better than its lead-in's (Friday Night Lights). I had also seen some stats indicating that it was one of the most DVR/TIVO'ed shows (airing in a deadly Firday night slot as it did). But I wonder if NBC was only ever interested in getting it to 100 episodes, so that they could syndicate it (which I believe they've already done -- on TNT). I think that as it stands now, they have 106 or so episodes, so I suspect NBC couldn't care less about giving the season a couple more episodes to tie up some loose ends. They don't want to invest the $$ it would take to do so, and would rather spit out some more inane reality/game shows. A pretty cynical thought, I know, but I have some relatives who work at GE (which owns NBC) and I've seen some first-hand examples of their corporate mentality, which just make you want to go "hmmmm??"

Kahunagirl

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

Miss Q wrote:Two main characters on the show are having a baby together. The birth as very close to happening....

As a sign of solidarity they want you to send baby booties to the powers that be....
Ah, I see. Thanks Miss Q. I havn't watched much of the fifth season. I remember hearing about the pregnancies, though. I was "over-thinking" it. As Magnum would say, I failed to see the "glass wall" in front of me - the obvious. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

eeyore
Admiral

Because of Tom

#12 Post by eeyore »

I started watching only necause of Tom. I'm sorry to hear he is now unemployed. Back to the avocado ranch.

maggiepoole
Captain

#13 Post by maggiepoole »

Las Vegas -Cash In Your Chips with Universal's 5th (and Final) Season Set of Las Vegas
Head to 'sin city' on DVD for one final season this July
Posted by David Lambert
5/12/2008

The recent writer's strike not only shortened the seasons of many shows this year; for some it shortened their lifespan as well. Such was the case with Las Vegas, which underwent several cast changes for the fifth year of the program: Nikki Cox ("Mary" and James Caan ("Ed Deline") departed, and the latter change meant we saw precious little of Cheryl Ladd ("Jillian Deline") as well. Tom Selleck arrived as new Montecito owner "A.J. Cooper", and Camille Guaty (The Nine, Prison Break) came in as the new concierge, "Piper" (who's unaware that she's got a secret connection with Cooper).

After what I thought was turning into an interesting transition year, that was going pretty well story-wise, NBC decided to fold their cards in the middle of the writer's strike, and just cancel the show outright. Worse, they left fans hanging in the middle of a cliffhanger with a pregnant Delinda Deline (Molly Sims) suffering a possible tragedy in the middle of a funeral that had previously been planned to be a triple wedding.

Yes, I'm avoiding the spoilers as much as possible here. But if you want a HUGE spoiler, then you can find out how Gary Scott Thompson (the show's executive producer) may plan to wrap things up via a cameo in his new program, the remake of Knight Rider. The pilot for the next-gen version of the classic series did indeed have a scene at the Montecito, so it's not a stretch at all. If you want to know more about what could happen (barring NBC giving the fans a *much-preferred* wrap-up telefilm), then read Michael Ausiello's blurb at TVGuide.com (don't forget: possible spoilers at that link!).

Despite these setbacks, the episodes that comprise what turned out to be the final season of the show are full of fun and guilty pleasures, with surprises and developments for the remaining long-running characters Danny, Delinda, Mike, and Sam, along with the new cast members. So I'm very glad that Universal has announced a July 22nd DVD release date for Las Vegas - Season 5. The cost of this 4-disc set will be $59.98 SRP, and it will include the following extras:
Gag Reel
VFX Featurette
Hot Stuff
NBC.com Webcasts
Video is Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1), audio is English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and English subtitles are included. Guest stars include James Eckhouse, Ernie Hudson, real-life Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman, real-life owner of The Palms George Maloof, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy's Ted Allen, and musical star James Blunt. Stay tuned for package art.

Find this article at:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Las-Ve ... son-5/9594

Well, at least it is coming out on DVD July 22nd. Weeeee!!!

A gag reel, oh my that could be fun!

Why is it they have to take a show off just when it gets good? :x :shock:
Trying to reach my full snail potential.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Looks like the Las Vegas reruns that air daily at 12:00 eastern time/11:00 central time on TNT are finally going to be getting around to the Cooper episodes starting next Tuesday July 8th. Interesting that NBC never even bothered to rerun any of the episodes.............

Kahunagirl
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by Kahunagirl »

Just got my Las Vegas Season 5 DVD set in the mail today from Best Buy. The first episode I'll be watching is the "Magnum Reunion" episode!

Kahunagirl