The Larry Manetti Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#121 Post by J.J. Walters »

Great show! It's so cool that they got to see the Lego pics! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

wdm
Vice Admiral

#122 Post by wdm »

Just got an email that Bruce Boxleitner is this weeks guest. Didn't he play with TS on a western?

mandolabar
Captain

#123 Post by mandolabar »

wdm wrote:Just got an email that Bruce Boxleitner is this weeks guest. Didn't he play with TS on a western?
How do you get emailed with that? I'd like to be on a mailing alert list...

~Amanda
"What I would have done, Magnum, is what I did." (Mad Dogs & Englishmen)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#124 Post by Styles Bitchley »

wdm wrote:Just got an email that Bruce Boxleitner is this weeks guest. Didn't he play with TS on a western?
Cool! I used to watch Scarecrow and Mrs. King with my mom.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Louise
Captain

#125 Post by Louise »

Ooooh, thanks for posting that info - I had a huge crush on Bruce when he was in Babylon 5 and I saw him at a couple of Babylon 5 conventions in the UK. I'll have to listen to the show on YouTube :)

wdm
Vice Admiral

#126 Post by wdm »

When I first started listening to CRN, about five years ago, they had a way to sign up to get an email telling who Robert Conrad's guest would be that week. Now I get one letting me know the guest on several different shows. I now listen to CRN over my computer more than watch TV. (Except Friday nights for Blue Bloods). For the past three years I have called and wrote Dish trying to get them to add CRN in place of some music channels. Hopefully they will soon!!

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#127 Post by Brian »

60 Seconds with Larry Manetti video

http://youtu.be/u2yT8EMEuKI
Sneakers Higgins!!

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#128 Post by Majordomo »

NAKED!

:D

wdm
Vice Admiral

#129 Post by wdm »

Larry's guest tomorrow night is Dee Wallace. She was in ET, but I liked her in the Robert Conrad show High Sierra Search and Rescue. Hope Larry will be taking phone calls.

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#130 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Just got my autographed copy of Larry's book from his website - a real bargain. But what's more interesting is that he obviously also dropped the envelope to the post office in person - since the customs declarations form also seems to have been signed by him! How's that for a personal touch?

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#131 Post by Waterbug Blue »

BTW anyone notice he actually wears the team ring - here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHczQkgy ... re=related :)

wdm
Vice Admiral

#132 Post by wdm »

Just heard that Roger is going to be on Larry's show tomorrow on CRN.

Styles Bitchley

#133 Post by Styles Bitchley »

wdm wrote:Just heard that Roger is going to be on Larry's show tomorrow on CRN.
Saw that on facebook. Look forward to hearing the two of them. I like how Roger actually prepares for the show (writes down some topics). Sometimes I feel like Larry's a bit too off the cuff.

Now, if I could just remember all the great questions I had for them. Should have written them down!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

mandolabar
Captain

#134 Post by mandolabar »

Okay, THAT was awesome. Much Lego discussion on the air, they gave Roger his set, and I can't wait to show the video to my son Michael when I get home!!!

He'll be all :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Yaaaayyy!

~Amanda
"What I would have done, Magnum, is what I did." (Mad Dogs & Englishmen)

Styles Bitchley

#135 Post by Styles Bitchley »

mandolabar wrote:Okay, THAT was awesome. Much Lego discussion on the air, they gave Roger his set, and I can't wait to show the video to my son Michael when I get home!!!

He'll be all :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

Yaaaayyy!

~Amanda
Amanda, I can't believe you were on and the Lego project actually got into the hands of Rick and TC! That's amaaaaaaaaazing! It was great hearing you talk about Michael's project. Too bad he wasn't able to call in himself.

Interesting talk about John Hillerman turning Larry down flat for appearing on the show (or appearing on anything related to Magnum P.I. at all!). I wonder if he would be swayed if we put together a petition? Roger said he'd work on him...we'll see!

- J.Q.H.