They're here!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

They're here!

#1 Post by N1095A »

Thanks to Brad_Ny, the Al's patches are finally done. Pictured is the cap he made with one of the patches. These will be available (I believe exclusively) to MM board members. For more information PM Brad. This project has been a long time coming, and now you too can have an Al's Automotive And Muffler King cap. Image
Last edited by N1095A on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Icepick
Admiral

#2 Post by Icepick »

Finally....awesome...can't wait! Thank you!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#3 Post by rubber chicken »

Great work guys!

Brad_Ny
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#4 Post by Brad_Ny »

Hey guys, these really came out great! I certainly would like to get these out to as many of you as possible. The problem that I have is that I work some pretty long hours lately and assuming that a great many people are going to be wanting these I'd rather not get involved with depositing personal checks, money orders, etc.

I would like for people to use Pay Pal only for these because everything is done online and it's very easy to use. The other benefit is that people's names and addresses are attached with their payment and I can just print them out from my Pay Pal account and ship several at a time. If you don't have Pay Pal it is easy to sign up for and easy to use.

These will be inexpensive obviously but I am going to think about what I need to get with shipping included in the price and I should know that by tomorrow or the next day. I can also post a link to some blank red and white mesh trucker hats you can purchase and have the patches sewn onto.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

They're here

#5 Post by only looking »

Looks awesome. I will buy one maybe two.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, very nice job N1095A and Brad! The hat looks fantastic! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Kudos guys! I'm looking forward to owning one of these!

lutherhgillis
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by lutherhgillis »

Great job on the cap!

I have a funny story about the Al's Tigers cap. In 1981, The Clemson Tigers were NCAA football champions. This was a big deal for the small town where I grew up. A local newspaper ran a story about how a local resident had mailed a Tigers championship cap to Tom Selleck. When Tom wore the Al's cap, the newspaper assumed it was the Clemson Tigers hat and even showed a picture of it. This was absurd since the cap clearly says Al's Automotive and Muffler all around the Tigers name...

Note to self, research before you write an article for the newspaper!

Thanks guys

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

TS also wore this hat in the Chinese Typewriter. Also, for those that are interested, I have done some investigating and found these links.

http://www.hatcraze.com/trucker-hats/hc-1017.html

http://www.e4hats.com/_e/dept/24-004/Co ... r_Caps.htm

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Guys, do you have the latest on when we can expect these to be rolled out?

N1095A

#11 Post by N1095A »

I should make it clear that we only got the patches done. It will be up to you to obtain a hat and have the patch sewn on. If anyone needs a link for hats,
http://www.capwholesalers.com/home/cw1/page_637_220
there are a couple of options on this site.

Brad_NY has the patches. I designed them and worked out the details with the manufacturer. Brad paid the production costs, and it is up to him to determine price and shipping. I haven't gotten a reply on an email I sent asking for a ship date on my patches. I know he posted that he's working long hours right now, and I'm sure that's part of the reason we haven't gotten any news. Feel free to PM him with any questions. I'm looking forward to receiving my patches just like the rest of those interested. I already have two caps ordered, and I'm thinking of ordering a couple more with the idea of sending one to TS as a gift from magnum-mania.com

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#12 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Thanks. I pm'd him to see if I could give a heads up. I know he is putting in some long hours so maybe that has prevented him from posting the information. I told him I hope I didn't seem too pushy with you guys, but I am pretty darn excited about getting my hands on a few patches. You guys did a great job with these, and I am really looking forward to having my on Al's hat. Thanks again!

Brad_Ny
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#13 Post by Brad_Ny »

Hi guys, I am really very sorry for delay in contact with everyone. I have been completely out of my mind with work and just now returned from a week long destination wedding (not mine.) I have to send a batch of these patches out to the creator tomorrow morning and that will give me an accurate feel for shipping costs per person. After that, likely tomorrow evening, I will post here explaining exactly how much per patch including postage and I will clear my PM box so that if you want one you can PM me (even if you already have) and let me know how many you want. I will then PM you back giving you my paypal address. Once I have at least 5 requests I will ship them. That will be much easier than going to the post office every day, which would be impossible anyway. So again guys, I am truly sorry for the delay but after tomorrow we will be in business.

N1095A

#14 Post by N1095A »

Hi Brad,
I'm sure everyone understands. I'm working 16-17 hour days myself. I for one, am just glad to find out you're alright. I was getting a little worried. The important thing is that the patches are done after over a year, and are ready for sale. PM me when you can.
Mike (N1095A)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#15 Post by SelleckLover »

SWEET!