Magnum's sleeveless T-shirt

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

Magnum's sleeveless T-shirt

#1 Post by tidal pool »

Hi Guys! Great site! :D

Does anyone know where to buy one of these?

TS or NO MOVIE!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

Re: Magnum's sleeveless T-shirt

#2 Post by Doc Ibold »

tidal pool wrote:Hi Guys! Great site! :D

Does anyone know where to buy one of these?

Could probably get one at Kohls/Target/etc. Don't know if you could get it in that green, though

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#3 Post by tidal pool »

It's a unique style with the short straps and high chest. Figured it was Army/Navy issue, but no luck finding one.
TS or NO MOVIE!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#4 Post by golfmobile »

Not EXACTLY Magnum's, but close. Check:

Tank Top

and choose the "green" color.

Do you have an Army/Navy store anywhere near you? I would think this is a military undershirt, but it's one from 20 years ago and it may not be made in that exact style anymore. So you might have to settle for the current version. I found the above with a Google search for "olive green tank top," but I stopped looking at the search results when I found the above, which seems pretty close. Do the same search but check out a few more results. You might find something closer than what I found.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

The shirt looks great, but I suspect it must be rather uncomfortable around the arm pit region. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#6 Post by golfmobile »

James,

Look again at the picture of TM! His armhole openings are every bit as high as the ones on the shirt I found, if not even "tighter." I hadn't particularly thought of that until you pointed it out. But TM's shirt looks just as uncomfortable as the one I found, from that perspective.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Tank top

#7 Post by only looking »

I believe it's available at what price glory.com, Thery are WWII olive drab underwear tank tops, I bought two of them, 2 years ago. Contact them they should be able to help.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#8 Post by tidal pool »

Thanks for the tips. You guys make good P.I.s.
TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#9 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I would try an Army Navy store. I can't think of any other place that would have this shirt.

tidal pool
Rear Admiral

#10 Post by tidal pool »

Yep, I've surfed the net and this all that I have found at surplus stores. As you can see, it's not that good of a match.

TS or NO MOVIE!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#11 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think the only thing that can explain it is the style of tank tops must be different today than they were in the 80's. If that is the case this is the best you'll get. I think the tank you displayed is close enough. While we are at it I think we need to find a way to get our hands on Magnum's King Kamehameha Club blue tank.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#12 Post by Doc Ibold »

NowIKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:I think the only thing that can explain it is the style of tank tops must be different today than they were in the 80's. If that is the case this is the best you'll get. I think the tank you displayed is close enough. While we are at it I think we need to find a way to get our hands on Magnum's King Kamehameha Club blue tank.
You'd probably have to go to a custom shirt shop for that...

Anybody have the artwork for that? I have one near my house, and that might be cool.....

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#13 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I think the only thing we could do is pull a picture of the design or avitar and enlarge it. It is a failry simple desing, and it has only one color involved so cleaning it up wouldn't be that difficult for someone that knows what they are doing. Also, since it is only a one color design the cost of printing wouldn't be as much as a multi color design.

Icepick
Admiral

#14 Post by Icepick »

Somebody posted that artwork for the KKC tank on another thread.....here it is...the Magnum Gear thread. http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=20

I found a website in the US that does bulk t-shirts and I did a quick quote on 10 tanks with the logo on the front and it came to $14.15 per shirt with free shipping. The min order is 6 but that's $21.42 each. Twenty tanks come to a very cheap $9.62. Not bad I'd say! I really want to do this tank top now.

http://www.customink.com/styles/gildan- ... ank/112100

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#15 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

That's not a bad price at all. I think we could generate enough interest to make this happen. I may even be in for two if we do it.