Anyone recognize this brand?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Danno
Fleet Admiral

Anyone recognize this brand?

#1 Post by Danno »

Anyone recognize the logo on the tank top?

Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org

Mack
Commander

#2 Post by Mack »

Aloha Dan. My guess is that it is or was a surf ski or canoe paddlers club logo. I've checked some of the paddlers websites but cannot find a match. The logo looks like it could be King Kamehameha. The cut of the shirt would suggest the wearer needs plenty range of motion...like a paddler. I will continue my search. :?:
Hana Hou!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Danno »

Hey Mack!

I agree with you, it's got to be King Kamehameha.

I was also wondering about the smaller logo- what look like three rings- I was guessing this might be the brand of tank top? I'm guessing this is a pretty obscure thing to search for too...

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#4 Post by golfmobile »

Can you change your resolution when taking the screenshot to a higher resolution? Then you could possibly zoom in and get better detail on the logo and perhaps determine what it is. That might work. ??? or not . . . .

golf
"Portside, buddy."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by only looking »

You guys are right it is the King. I'm not sure but a fan on another Magnum forum made those available and they did a great job on them. You can find them from time to time on ebay. I believe it was a woman who did them and was from New Orleans...I think anyway. No idea on the 3 rings, always wandered that myself. I'm editing this as I just found what I was looking for her name is Julie Messina and her email is or use to be wedway@hotmail.com She use to sell them for $14.99 plus shipping.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Danno »

It's way too hard to find a tank top with that ring logo... I've been trying for a while with nothing to show.

This being said, it looks like good ol' Mags had two - a faded Kamehameha with a 44 and a newer looking Kamehameha with a 14... and this top with the 14 on it doesn't have the little ringed logo- so that makes it a lot easier as navy blue tank tops are pretty easy to find.

I'm editing this as I just found what I was looking for her name is Julie Messina and her email is or use to be wedway@hotmail.com She use to sell them for $14.99 plus shipping.
Hey, only looking, thanks a heap for your help- that's awesome! I've sent off an email! :-)

Mack
Commander

#7 Post by Mack »

I just watched Round and Around (season 6, disc 2) this morning and in the opening segment, TM and TC are playing hoops. There is a great shot of the tank top. I believe the number on this tank was 44.

I will be sending off an email re: getting me one of those. Thanks for the tip.
Hana Hou!