Sticker on Ferrari rear bumper (early episodes)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

Sticker on Ferrari rear bumper (early episodes)

#1 Post by N1095A »

Anyone notice the white bumper sticker with a 5 and what appears to be a shamrock or 4 leaf clover on the right side rear bumper of the Freeari in early episodes? In Three Minus Two" we see a similar sticker on one of the junked cars at the police impound yard when Magnum and TC are checking out the burned out car. Does anyone know what thes are?
"But Higgins, I can explain."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Sticker on Ferrari rear bumper (early episodes)

#2 Post by IslandHopper »

N1095A wrote:Anyone notice the white bumper sticker with a 5 and what appears to be a shamrock or 4 leaf clover on the right side rear bumper of the Freeari in early episodes? In Three Minus Two" we see a similar sticker on one of the junked cars at the police impound yard when Magnum and TC are checking out the burned out car. Does anyone know what thes are?
I have also noticed the sticker on other cars during other episodes as well. I always assumed that it was a State of Hawaii motor vehicle inspection sticker. I do not know this for sure, but it is my best guess. In Florida, we used to have mandatory inspections for all motor vehicles (no longer have this requirement) and you were required to display the inspection sticker on your vehicle. In Florida, we had to display it on the bottom left of your windshield, or as Higgins would say, windscreen.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

N1095A

#3 Post by N1095A »

With a little internet search I discovered that Hawaii does in fact require an annual vehicle safety inspection, and the sticker is displayed on the right rear bumper. I assume this is what is seen on the Ferrari and other vehicles. I have been unable to find any photos. Does anyone know what the design to the right of the number is? Shamrock? 4-leaf clover? Something else entirely?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#4 Post by IslandHopper »

There is a pretty good shot of the inspection sticker in the episode "Limited Engagement" (Season 4). You will see it on the LaSalle sister's car either just before or just after they run over the fire hydrant.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

N1095A

#5 Post by N1095A »

IslandHopper wrote:There is a pretty good shot of the inspection sticker in the episode "Limited Engagement" (Season 4). You will see it on the LaSalle sister's car either just before or just after they run over the fire hydrant.
I guess great minds think alike. I watched that episode today and saw the same thing. I think the design after the number falls into the "Something else entirely" catagory. I couldn't make it out clearly enough to tell what it was. In case you haven't guessed, I was thinking of making a duplicate "5" sticker.

keiki
Ensign

#6 Post by keiki »

This is my first post. Hope this works.

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#7 Post by IslandHopper »

That's great Keiki. :D How did you find the inspection stickers?

N1095A

#8 Post by N1095A »

Cool, THANKS!!