Magnum Funko Pop!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

Magnum Funko Pop!

#1 Post by K Hale »

They’ve finally done it! It’s coming out May 16th. Unfortunately it’s ONLY Thomas... there’s not even a Higgins. But it’s a start! I’ve already pre-ordered mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Funko-Pop-Televi ... 464&sr=8-1
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum Funko Pop!

#2 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

LOL! I almost posted about this 2 days ago. I was in Books A Million and they had a Miami Vice 2 pack of Crockett and Tubbs. I googled to see if there was a Magnum funko and found on some comics site that one was scheduled for release in May. It didn't look very official so I decided not to post anything yet. We need 2 packs with TM and Higgins and one with TC and Rick. Rick could even be life size! :wink:

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by K Hale »

I want a Higgins one with the lads!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

NotthatRick
Admiral

#4 Post by NotthatRick »

I will definitely be buying one of these. :magnum:

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

K Hale wrote:They’ve finally done it! It’s coming out May 16th. Unfortunately it’s ONLY Thomas... there’s not even a Higgins. But it’s a start! I’ve already pre-ordered mine.

KHale,
I must be old, I had never heard of Funko Pop. Funky fresh, yes. Actually it looks pretty neat. Do they do figures for all the major characters, will there be a Higgins, Luther
Gillis or The Lads funko pops? Given Magnum PI's status as a long running classic for a third of a century, I am surprised there hasn't been a whole lot of tie ins for sale.
Other than the classic Magnum Hawaiian shirts, I can't think of any other items. Does anyone know of any? I wouldn't mind an official Magnum rubber chicken.
How about a Magnum chest hair wig, I think they are called merkins?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm Chinese. I'm a stone. I go where I am kicked"
France Nuyen, stoic Existentialist primitive and uber babe actress

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#6 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
K Hale wrote:They’ve finally done it! It’s coming out May 16th. Unfortunately it’s ONLY Thomas... there’s not even a Higgins. But it’s a start! I’ve already pre-ordered mine.

KHale,
I must be old, I had never heard of Funko Pop. Funky fresh, yes. Actually it looks pretty neat. Do they do figures for all the major characters, will there be a Higgins, Luther
Gillis or The Lads funko pops? Given Magnum PI's status as a long running classic for a third of a century, I am surprised there hasn't been a whole lot of tie ins for sale.
Other than the classic Magnum Hawaiian shirts, I can't think of any other items. Does anyone know of any? I wouldn't mind an official Magnum rubber chicken.
How about a Magnum chest hair wig, I think they are called merkins?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm Chinese. I'm a stone. I go where I am kicked"
France Nuyen, stoic Existentialist primitive and uber babe actress

Uh, a merkin isn’t worn on the chest... a little lower. :)

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#7 Post by Mr. Keoki »

^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing. I just pre-ordered one for my daughter. We watch the show together and she has a few funk-o pop things. She'll like this.

:luther: :luther:
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote:

KHale,
...I wouldn't mind an official Magnum rubber chicken. How about a Magnum chest hair wig, I think they are called merkins?

Oh jeeze Pahonu. It's amazing the stuff you can learn on Magnum Mania. I understand how people will donate their locks to cancer patients out of kindness. Or how
others regularly sell their hair to wig companies for a nice sum. I can't imagine how the merkin supply is managed, or why someone would feel the need to
buy one. I gotta believe there isn't much glamour attached to being a salesman for Merkins Inc. either.
Mr. Selleck, if you are reading this let's just forget about the merkin gambit. Other than Braddah Kimmo, I doubt there have been Magnum fans just waiting to
buy one.
Last edited by Luther's nephew Dobie on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pahonu

#9 Post by Pahonu »

Pahonu wrote:

KHale,
...I wouldn't mind an official Magnum rubber chicken. How about a Magnum chest hair wig, I think they are called merkins?

KHale,
Oh jeeze KHale. It's amazing the stuff you can learn on Magnum Mania. I understand how people will donate their locks to cancer patients out of kindness. Or how
others regularly sell their hair to wig companies for a nice sum. I can't imagine how the merkin supply is managed, or why someone would feel the need to
buy one. I gotta believe there isn't much glamour attached to being a salesman for Merkins Inc. either.
Mr. Selleck, if you are reading this let's just forget about the merkin gambit. Other than Braddah Kimmo, I doubt there have been Magnum fans just waiting to
buy one.
I have to come clean about how I knew what a merkin was. Back in the mid-90’s when I was working in television production, I picked up a PA job on a cable movie whose name I don’t recall. We filmed one early morning at the edge of LA County at the rocky coast of Leo Carrillo Beach. The scene included the discovery of a young woman’s naked dead body on the sand. The actress had body makeup making her appear pale and bruised and she was indeed naked... except for a merkin. That’s when I learned what it was. I remember many of the crew being informed that while her breasts were exposed, her genitalia was concealed to maintain an R rating.

I have no idea about where such things are made or how.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Pahonu wrote:
Pahonu wrote:

KHale,

KHale,
Oh jeeze KHale. It's amazing the stuff you can learn on Magnum Mania. I understand how people will donate their locks to cancer patients out of kindness. Or how
buy one.
I have to come clean about how I knew what a merkin was. Back in the mid-90’s when I was working in television production, I picked up a PA job on a cable movie whose name I don’t recall. We filmed one early morning at the edge of LA County at the rocky coast of Leo Carrillo Beach. The scene included the discovery of a young woman’s naked dead body on the sand. The actress had body makeup making her appear pale and bruised and she was indeed naked... except for a merkin. That’s when I learned what it was. I remember many of the crew being informed that while her breasts were exposed, her genitalia was concealed to maintain an R rating.
I have no idea about where such things are made or how.
Pahonu,
My bad, I addressed my reply to Khale when it was your post concerning merkins. I went back and fixed it. Neat story. Plus I had no idea Leo Carillo has a beach named
after him. We are talking about the Leo who was the Cisco Kid's sidekick in the western series from the early 1950's? I got up way early on Saturdays to watch that
series on channel 5 in NYC when I was a kid.
Funko Pop, Selleck merkins and the Cisco Kid, I bet they don't have posts like these on The Waltons website.

Pahonu

#11 Post by Pahonu »

One and the same, Leo Carrillo. This is indeed quite an eclectic mix of topics! :lol:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:LOL! I almost posted about this 2 days ago. I was in Books A Million and they had a Miami Vice 2 pack of Crockett and Tubbs. I googled to see if there was a Magnum funko and found on some comics site that one was scheduled for release in May. It didn't look very official so I decided not to post anything yet. We need 2 packs with TM and Higgins and one with TC and Rick. Rick could even be life size! :wink:
Too funny!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by T.Q. »

Surprised no Tigers hat.

Cool though.

Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Laohu »

If they put a Tigers hat on him they would have to pay a licensing fee to MLB . Going to guess that would not be cheap.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Laohu wrote:If they put a Tigers hat on him they would have to pay a licensing fee to MLB . Going to guess that would not be cheap.
Hadn't thought of that! Maybe Al's Automotive has cheaper licensing fees?

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.