Worst Episodes

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Any episodes you’ll likely never watch again?

Quite (Yes)
55%
Hardly (No)
45%

Total votes: 11

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

Worst Episodes

#1 Post by T.Q. »

Any episodes you’ll likely never watch again?

As you know going through series looking for 4th Walls.

Came to Paradise Blues (Season 4).

Out came a “noooooo”.

Thought this may be first on the list of never rewatching.

Worst part is I sat through the episode and didn’t see any.

Are there any episodes you really dislike to the point you’ll never watch again?
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Worst Episodes

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Two birds of a feather, of course.

But also Under World (Season 5) has so many plot holes in it, I get annoyed watching it.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by T.Q. »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Two birds of a feather, of course.

But also Under World (Season 5) has so many plot holes in it, I get annoyed watching it.
"Two Birds" is definitely one.

HEY, I like Under World! :evil:

:P
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kiss of the Sabre . . . ugh . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by eagle »

Those are all pretty low on my list, but there are none that I won't watch again.

Just as I hate the Pierce Brosnan 007 flicks, I still watch them as I'm going through the series.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#6 Post by Mr. Keoki »

T.Q. wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:Two birds of a feather, of course.

"Two Birds" is definitely one.

HEY, I like Under World! :evil:

:P
I cringe so hard when TC's "brother" is telling the story in Vietnamese to him while he's in a coma. "I want my brother to live". Such a phony come on! Also when they're in the waiting room you see the boom mic drop into frame.... wow.

As I said in a separate post, I skip the Virginia ones. I also don't like the LA ones. I'll watch all the Hawaii ones, no matter how ridiculous. :magnum:
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

Styles Bitchley

#7 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Mr. Keoki wrote:I cringe so hard when TC's "brother" is telling the story in Vietnamese to him while he's in a coma. "I want my brother to live". Such a phony come on! Also when they're in the waiting room you see the boom mic drop into frame.... wow.
Yeah. The whole story doesn't make sense! I wish it did though because I love the episodes that take place on and under the water.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

I may get totally slammed here, but I can‘t and don’t watch ‚Home from the Sea‘

I find the episode depressing, claustrophobic and boring.

To give some context, I have only watched Jaws once.

Styles Bitchley

#9 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Bondtoys.de wrote:I may get totally slammed here, but I can‘t and don’t watch ‚Home from the Sea‘

I don’t get it, but I’m not gonna judge...I really like Computer Date and I can’t even explain why!

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#10 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:I may get totally slammed here, but I can‘t and don’t watch ‚Home from the Sea‘

I don’t get it, but I’m not gonna judge...I really like Computer Date and I can’t even explain why!
Home from the Sea is enjoyable but nowhere near my top 10.
Jaws, on the other hand, is a classic film on every level. I’ve watched the scene of the Brodie, Hooper, and Quint getting drunk and telling stories on the Orca countless times.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by eagle »

Pahonu wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:

Home from the Sea is enjoyable but nowhere near my top 10.
Jaws, on the other hand, is a classic film on every level. I’ve watched the scene of the Brodie, Hooper, and Quint getting drunk and telling stories on the Orca countless times.
I saw Jaws in the 1970s, then watched it again about 5 years ago. It truly is an amazing film, and I'm due for another viewing.

I also like "Home from the Sea," but I agree with with Bondtoys that it is depressing.

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ENSHealy »

Basket Case is hard to watch.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by eagle »

I just watched "Laura" last night, and it's one of my least favorite episodes. Mostly because of its very sad subject matter, and the fact that it didn't have a happy ending. Not everything needs a happy ending, but that episode's story is just tragic from start to finish.

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#14 Post by Mr. Keoki »

eagle wrote:I just watched "Laura" last night, and it's one of my least favorite episodes. Mostly because of its very sad subject matter, and the fact that it didn't have a happy ending. Not everything needs a happy ending, but that episode's story is just tragic from start to finish.
That is definitely a rough episode. I am impressed at how Sinatra acted in it. He sold the emotion to me... It's not one I really want to "rewatch"... At least "justice" is served at the end.

I also have the same feelings with "find me a rainbow". Kidnapped kids, being sold on the black market. And the dialogue is pretty bad. The lawyer is busted and all she says is "do you have any idea what this will do to my career?" There are some good shots of the estate though...
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"