Is anyone else as obsessive with MPI as I am?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

Is anyone else as obsessive with MPI as I am?

#1 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

A somewhat small list of things that literally scream I'm obsessed with MPI.

- Writing every known variation of MPI at the bottom of my pages in my schoolbooks (and front and inside covers)
- printing lots of pictures to stick on my bedroom wall
- changing my windows wallpaper every day (almost)
- changing my windows username to variations of MPI (including my username here)

I once even wrote a story about Magnum getting rear-ended by an old lady for school (someone claimed they saw MPI and said that my story was an episode, if I show you guys, can you confirm it wasn't?).

Is anyone as obsessive with MPI as me?

MagnumPI_Cat.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#2 Post by SelleckLover »

I would say that in general, I am obsessed with Magnum PI, but not as much as I am with Tom Selleck. (Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards recovery, right?) I do own extensive print memorabilia (two huge scrapbooks full) and my most prized possession: Tom's Hollywood Walk of Fame Commemorative Plate. I'm still trying to figure out how to get that in my scrapbook! LOL (My husband says I'll just have to hang it on the wall like "normal" people.) My print memorabilia includes many articles written about him starting in 1981 through the present day. I have so much Magnum PI stuff, I'm having a hard time getting to it, for its sheer volume is daunting and I want to create scrapbook pages that are worthy of the series and all it represents. I will be emailing them to James to post in the "Fan Art" section of this website, when I get them done. (Someday!)

Although I love to watch the reruns of the show, (it is on 2 times a day here in the Los Angeles area), I only own Season 2 of the DVD's available for purchase. Some of my favorite episodes are on it: e.g. "Tropical Madness", "The Sixth Position", "Italian Ice" and "Memories Are Forever".

Tralfaz
Admiral

#3 Post by Tralfaz »

Season 4 - "Limited Engagement"?
"..outasight!.." - Tyler Peabody McKinney

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Is anyone else as obsessive with MPI as I am?

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

MagnumPI_Cat wrote:I once even wrote a story about Magnum getting rear-ended by an old lady for school (someone claimed they saw MPI and said that my story was an episode, if I show you guys, can you confirm it wasn't?)
All Roads Lead to Floyd (1.13), Magnum is rear-ended by an old lady who doesn't have insurance.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

Re: Is anyone else as obsessive with MPI as I am?

#5 Post by Frodoleader »

Is anyone as obsessive with MPI as me?

MagnumPI_Cat.
[/quote]

Cat - back in the '80's, I used to walk around in a Hawiiain shirt, Detroit Tigers baseball cap with a bushy mustache (Still have a beard though).

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#6 Post by N1095A »

When I was in the 5th grade, the teacher was teaching her English lesson. I was not really paying attention. I was bored to tears, and my mind was at Robin's nest. She noticed me writing, and I didn't notice that she noticed me. I was sketching a picture of the (first) GMC Jimmy from MPI sitting in front of the opening at the estate, complete with Robin 3 license plate.
She came back to my desk and grabbed the picture I'd been working on. Showed it to the class, and announced that her lesson was far more important than "Robin 3". I disagreed, but didn't tell her that.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by Miss Q »

Fear not cat, there are others like yourself...

While I am a MPI fan I also an a TS fan...

I have every episode of MPI on VHS (ya know, in case of a DVR meltdown) and seasons 1-6 on DVD..

I have the MPI halloween costume, a VM02 ball cap, a 'MPI crew' t-shirt, a King K t-shirt an Annapolis t-shirt.

Magazines from 1980 to present of TS articles. VHS tapes of almost all tv appearances from 1980 on. All TS movies, some in DVD as well... again going back to the DVR meltdown theory... And the sound track from Crossfire Trail.

My friend won a directors chair on ebay from the set of mpi and it has Sellecks name embroirdered on it... it goes to me when he moves south. He also has a team ring and a 'MPI crew' satin jacket.

I am saving my pennies for a cross of Lorainne pendant.

Not sure if that just makes you crazy and me certifiable... lol
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#8 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

N1095A wrote:When I was in the 5th grade, the teacher was teaching her English lesson. I was not really paying attention. I was bored to tears, and my mind was at Robin's nest. She noticed me writing, and I didn't notice that she noticed me. I was sketching a picture of the (first) GMC Jimmy from MPI sitting in front of the opening at the estate, complete with Robin 3 license plate.
She came back to my desk and grabbed the picture I'd been working on. Showed it to the class, and announced that her lesson was far more important than "Robin 3". I disagreed, but didn't tell her that.
Most of my schoolbooks have totally unrelated stuff in the back. Especially my english one. It has almost 2 pages of Way Of The Stalking Horse that I'm writing (after pretending to do the stupid work we do in that class) (I'm attempting to write some Magnum episodes for no apparant reason) and half a page of little Ferrari 308 GTS drawings. I'm going to draw more Ferrari's with the licenceplate now.
Last edited by MagnumPI_Cat on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#9 Post by golfmobile »

Miss Q,

AH! But do you have the complete Quigley Down Under soundtrack? That is the one "to die for." The first QDU soundtrack was limited to about 11 tracks. Then they reissued a complete soundtrack (after the composer's death in November 2006) that goes through the movie, scene by scene, with the accompanying music. I have it. It IS wonderful! If you want to PM me your address, I'll be happy to make a CD copy for you and send it to you. I assume you DO have QDU on DVD?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

HIGGIE BABY
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by HIGGIE BABY »

I think I'm pretty obessesed with MPI. I have a team ring that I wear and Magnum's GMT watch that he wears in the last 5 seasons. My wife and 2 girls have Michelle's pendant and my wife wears her's all the time. I have several pictures of TS autographed and a few cast scripts of some of the shows including the pilot and TS autographed. I even grew out a mustache to "feel" like Magnum. lol I know. Pretty pathetic. Ohh well, I enjoy it. Oh yeah, I have all the seasons on DVD upto presently #6, and the Aand E biography of TS.
"Ohh...my...god...Magnum!!!" -Higgins

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

HIGGIE BABY wrote:My wife and 2 girls have Michelle's pendant and my wife wears her's all the time.
:D

Hey, welcome to Magnum Mania! HIGGIE BABY! It's good to have you here.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Magnum92
Captain

#12 Post by Magnum92 »

Yeah I would have too say that I am pretty obsessed too!:lol:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Nallop
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Magnum Obsession

#13 Post by Nallop »

Well, I have 3 Tigers caps, VMO2 Da Nang cap, almost all of the episodes on VHS, Sea. 1-7 on DVD, I had a pendant made for my daughter when she was born of the Cross and.......... I have the Cross tattooed on my left arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#14 Post by golfmobile »

An MPI tattoo? I think Nallop just won the prize!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Danno
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Danno »

An MPI tattoo? I think Nallop just won the prize!
Yeah. Hands down!
Help protect Hawaiʻi's Green Sea Turtles http://malamanahonu.org