T.M.`s jeans

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

T.M.`s jeans

#1 Post by Klaus »

Hello everybody, I am new one... :D

As a Magnum, PI fan and denim freak I was wondering about the jeans T.M. is wearing. He has a some Levi´s, but which style it is is not recognizable. The other ones either I don´t know or the label isn´t visible. Nowadays it´s rather difficult to find the slim fitting 80ies cut. The new jeans are so low cut at the waist and so horrible. :x

Does anybody know where to find Magnum´s/80ies kind of jeans? :?:

Waltstasz
Admiral

#2 Post by Waltstasz »

Another site (which is down currently) said that Thomas mostly wears "Seafarer Bellbottom" Jeans, which I think were Navy issue.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#3 Post by rubber chicken »

I'm almost certain I remember seeing the Guess Jeans logo in one episode, couldn't tell you which one now though.

Here's a bit of 80s Guess Jeans info.

It says they were more popular with girls and that's probably true, but then that can be said of most any clothing that can be worn by both men and women.

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#4 Post by Klaus »

Thanks for the info, guys! :D

And finally an 80ies fans site....

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#5 Post by rubber chicken »

Taking some more time I looked through some of the screen caps on the site here and the corresponding shows on dvd. I'm still pretty sure that I saw him wearing Guess jeans for one show but I don't think that's what he usually wore.

Here's what looks like his typical jeans, from The Khona Winds (6.4)

And here's a screenshot I made from The Treasure of Kalaniopu'u (6.9) which has a clue in the wee little red tag at the top left of the back right pocket. I think that would be the Levi's tag.

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by eegorr »

rubber chicken wrote:I think that would be the Levi's tag.
Excellent sleuth work, especially for a rubber chicken! :lol:

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#7 Post by Klaus »

Thanks a lot, rubber chicken! :D

I am pausing and zooming a lot on my DVDs for a decent shot of TM´s jeans, but not being American I am not too familiar outside the Levi´s, Lee or Wrangler territory!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#8 Post by rubber chicken »

eegorr wrote: Excellent sleuth work, especially for a rubber chicken! :lol:
Hey, Rubber Chickens are just as capable as anyone else, we shouldn't be looked down upon just because we lack skeletal systems and motor skills.

---

Glad I could help out Klaus, I'll try to check out Magnum's jeans some more while finishing season 6.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#9 Post by SelleckLover »

And I must add:

Magnum looks oh-so-fine in those jeans, too! Mmmm!

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#10 Post by Klaus »

Magnum looks greatin them and tight jeans look great! 8)

As Bruce Springsteen said ´84 on a concert in Toronto: "God gave us cheeseburgers, air condition and tight blue jeans!" :lol:

I cannot understand what looks cool about baggy jeans. :? And what about those low slung hip jeans for girls? The completely destroy the woman´s rear. I guess these kind of jeans are in in the U.S. too, at least for younger girls/women. Finally, I read a magazine article in a women´s mag (written by a guy) which says: "And may women like it or not, those low hip jeans don´t look sexy at all to men, since they destroy the oh-so-sought-after butt view." :wink:

eegorr
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by eegorr »

rubber chicken wrote:Here's what looks like his typical jeans, from The Kona Winds (6.4)
Near the end of that same episode, as TM is walking away from Lauren Henderson after saying goodbye, just before Sam walks into the room, the telltale red "Levis" pocket tab makes another appearance. At least, that is what it looks like to me.

Sorry, but I don't have a screen capture.

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#12 Post by Klaus »

eegorr, thanks! Seems like TM is wearing a lot of Levi´s. Interestingly his don´t have the socalled "jerky tag", which is the cardboard like patch on the rear waistline. Can´t have been removed, because the jeans are mostly stonewashed or bleached and if you remove it afterwards, the denim underneath would be very dar, which it isn´t.

I´m not sure whether some of his jeans aren´t some kind of stretch fabric. Unbelievable tight! 8)

Gerry
Ensign

Tight Jeans.

#13 Post by Gerry »

Well although I am not here to comment of how he looked in the tight jeans, I can comment on how they may have been so tight.

Selleck definitely had muscular legs, and having had legs just like that myself (I was approximately the same build 8 years ago), even with a relaxed fit levis jean, if you thighs are more than 25 inches around unflexed then things will look tight. (Mine used to be 35).

I am surprised to see that he wore Levis, I thought he only wore the Navy issued jeans.

Oh well.

Have a nice day.

Gerry :)
Gerry :)

eegorr
Vice Admiral

Re: Tight Jeans.

#14 Post by eegorr »

Gerry wrote:I am surprised to see that he wore Levis, I thought he only wore the Navy issued jeans.
Magnum would have worn Navy issue, but Selleck (former Marlboro Man) probably preferred Levis! :wink:

Klaus
Lieutenant Commander

#15 Post by Klaus »

Yeah, my buddy plays hockey and skating definitly produces enormous legs. He has to wear relaxed fit jeans and they look like slim fit around his legs!

But still, the 80ies cut was different...

I never new TS made Marlboro commercials! :shock: