$$$$

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

My Pahonu
Lieutenant Junior Grade

$$$$

#1 Post by My Pahonu »

The demo crew that tore down Pahonu were mining gold and treated it like trash. How much would you have paid for a piece of Pahonu? They would have gotten an easy 20 from me for a piece the size of a shot glass. I can see it now on an oak platform covered by a glass dome with a dedicated light sitting on my tiki bar. Any locales up for the challenge?
James

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: $$$$

#2 Post by Sam »

My Pahonu wrote:The demo crew that tore down Pahonu were mining gold and treated it like trash. How much would you have paid for a piece of Pahonu? They would have gotten an easy 20 from me for a piece the size of a shot glass. I can see it now on an oak platform covered by a glass dome with a dedicated light sitting on my tiki bar. Any locales up for the challenge?
James
Hi My Pahonu..... welcome to mm... I checked on eBay expecting to see something from the estate to turn up. So far no go.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by No need to know! »

Well Hawaii in general obviously didn´t have a clue.
Onion´s extra?

perfectlykevin
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by perfectlykevin »

I was thinking the same thing. I'd have paid out the wazoo for just a brick or something.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

When Old Yankee Stadium was torn down, pieces of live sod (sod!) were listed at $120! I know it's not in the same ballpark (pun intended) as a famous TV show home, but, you're right, they could have made some money auctioning off stuff they were taking to the dump! WTH! :|
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

The way I understand it, once demolition begins, the debris (that sounds sounds horrible! :cry: ) is usually the legal property of the demolition contractor so if anyone wants a memento you could try to contact the contractor listed on the permit to find out who did the demo. Even though the job may be complete by now you know the demo company has pieces, guaranteed. Once it is off site in a landfill, everything is then the property of the landfill operator.

My Pahonu
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#7 Post by My Pahonu »

I have an email out to Alakea Construction. We will see what happens.