HAKA

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

zeus_apollo
Ensign

HAKA

#1 Post by zeus_apollo »

Hi everyone - I am 45 years old and grew up watching / crushing on Thomas and now thanks to Encore and Netflix - I watch him everyday all day. I have been researching something and I can't find it. Just like an old MPI episode, I may have dreamed this.

I fall asleep to a TV and usually it's with the show playing. I think I saw an episode (not sure of the season because of going back/forth) but I thought I saw Rick (white suit) and a blonde at like a club (daytime) and Magnum was behind the stage (wearing his hawaiian short leave shirt) and he waiting for a good time to cross the stage to get to Rick and this lady. The reason I am asking is I have become a HUGE rugby fan the the dudes on the stage was doing a HAKA. Not the hawaiian dancing you normally see but an actual HAKA.

Can anyone confirm for me if I was fantasizing about Magnum and Rugby or if there is an episode that has this in it? If so, can someone please let me know the Season and episode #.

Thanks -

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

Re: HAKA

#2 Post by ThomasMagnum »

Hello zeus_apollo and welcome to MM! :D

I believe that what you're referring to is from Episode 4 Season 6 - The Kona Winds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapa_haka

zeus_apollo
Ensign

#3 Post by zeus_apollo »

OMG - that was it. I really thought I was dreaming because I have been watching back/back episodes and I actually saw that one over and over but maybe just stepped away during that part or was actually sleeping....

Thank you so much - i was getting tired of searching - back to 'Forever In Time" Season 8 Episode 5 :-)

Excited about MM! :D

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome zeus_apollo!

I thought the scene you described might have been from The Kona Winds, as I just watched it the other day, but I didn't take the time to look up the skinny on "HAKA", so waited for someone more knowledgeable, or with more time to respond, and I knew it was only a matter of time.

Providing proof of my assertion that this site probably has the gathering of some of the best people on the planet. Been demonstrated too many times to not be true.

Welcome aboard, don't forget to check out rubberchickens MPI location guide and pahonu's 3D estate model. In case you haven't seen them, or don't know about them, links can be found on the main page. Just click on the logo at the top of every page, and it'll take you to the main.

Aloha :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"