Top 5 of Season 5

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgiebaby
Lieutenant Commander

Top 5 of Season 5

#1 Post by Higgiebaby »

#1 All for one

#2 Echoes of the mind

#3 Macs back

#4 Tran Quoc Jones

#5 Little games.

Least favorites are, Blind justice, and, Love for the sale boat.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

My Top 5:

1. Echoes of the Mind
2. Mac's Back
3. Tran Quoc Jones
4. Compulsion
5. Kiss of the Sabre

Least favorite = Under World
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#3 Post by IslandHopper »

My Top 5 Of Season 5 Are:

1. Under World

2. Fragments

3. Murder 101

4. Ms. Jones

5. Professor Jonathan Higgins

My least favorite episode is "Echoes Of The Mind (1&2)"
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#4 Post by J.J. Walters »

IslandHopper wrote:My Top 5 Of Season 5 Are:

1. Under World
:shock:
IslandHopper wrote:My least favorite episode is "Echoes Of The Mind (1&2)"
:shock:

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#5 Post by IslandHopper »

James, I take it that you do not agree with my selection of "Under World" as a "Top 5", or my selection of Echoes Of The Mind" as my least favorite. Too funny. As J.Q. Higgins would say, "It must be tropical madness."
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#6 Post by J.J. Walters »

Yeah, in a light-hearted way, of course. :)

It's funny because I selected Echoes as my favorite, and Under World my least favorite. Completely opposite of you! That's one of the great things about the show - there's something for everybody!

Just out of curiosity, what did you like so much about Under World?

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#7 Post by IslandHopper »

It's funny you ask, because before Season 5 came out on DVD, I hadn't seen "Under World" in years, and my last impression of it wasn't great, so my expectations of it before I watched it on DVD were really low. But, to my surprise, I really enjoyed it. I guess it was the camaraderie between Magnum, Higgins and Rick as they were trying to help TC who was in the hospital. Higgins gets shot in this episode while trying to track down a lead. My favorite episodes are usually the ones where Magnum, Higgins, Rick, and TC work together and come to each others aid. That is why one of my favorite scenes of any episode is the scene in "Compulsion" where Magnum dresses up as a Butler and recruits Rick and TC to help Higgins fool Higgins' Sandhurst mates into thinking he really does own Robin's Nest.

Waltstasz
Admiral

#8 Post by Waltstasz »

1. Echoes of the Mind
2. Kiss of the Sabre
3. The Man From Marseilles
4. Blind Justice
5. Little Games

I didn't care for The Love-For-Sale Boat.
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Well, I've finally plodded through the fifth season, so I might as well list my Top 5 - not many stand out in this season though! As always, the exact order changes with my mood.

1) MAC'S BACK - The only episode of the season that I'd consider classic, this comes second only to the fourth season's 'Home From the Sea' as my all-time favourite MPI episode.

2) ALL FOR ONE - Part I is dragged out, but Part II is very good, and offers a lot of action in what is mostly an action-light season.

3) PROFESSOR JONATHAN HIGGINS - The only decent out-and-out comedy of the season.

4) COMPULSION - A decent Carol-centric story.

5) I don't know... BLIND JUSTICE? I really struggle to pick episodes that I outstandingly like from this season!

Least favourite episode - so many to chose from! Either LET ME HEAR THE MUSIC (great guest star in Dennis Weaver, but boring story) or THE MAN FROM MARSEILLES.

I'm surprised THE LOVE-FOR-SALE BOAT gets so many nominations, as personally I didn't mind this one, even if it was really silly!
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#10 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

#1 All for one

#2 Echoes of the mind

#3 Mac's Back

#4 Underworld

#5 Murder 101

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#11 Post by Doc Ibold »

In no particular order:

Torah, Torah, Torah
Little Games
Tran Quoc Jones
Murder 101
Under World.

As Jay says, they're all kind of underwhelming.

No "Mac's Back", you may say?

Don't really like "Mac", so therefore couldn't give two hoots if he was back.

:wink:

(Note Mac as in "Jim Bonnick" Mac. Original Mac is fine.)

I look at Jim Bonnick as being the "New Coke" of the Magnaverse.

Jaybird
Admiral

#12 Post by Jaybird »

What I really like about this forum is that it makes watching the episodes that much more interesting. I am about 1/2 way through Season 2 for the 2nd time. I will remember this posting and when Season 5 appears again on my screen I will watch with a discerning eye!

Another thing that's fun, read ahead for the flubs. When you watch it with your wife (assuming she isn't informed) you can impress her with, "Hey, honey! Did you just see that!" And she'll reply, "I wish you would pay that much attention to me once in awhile!"

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Doc Ibold wrote:No "Mac's Back", you may say?

Don't really like "Mac", so therefore couldn't give two hoots if he was back.

:wink:

(Note Mac as in "Jim Bonnick" Mac. Original Mac is fine.)

I look at Jim Bonnick as being the "New Coke" of the Magnaverse.
I understand where you're coming from - although I don't mind Mac mk. II, I'm not overly bothered about him. But watching this episode for the first time, without ever knowing the outcome or of Mac mk. II, it really grabbed me - was Magnum seeing ghosts, or what?! I enjoyed it so much on first viewing that it stands as my second most favourite episode.

Jaybird wrote:Another thing that's fun, read ahead for the flubs. When you watch it with your wife (assuming she isn't informed) you can impress her with, "Hey, honey! Did you just see that!" And she'll reply, "I wish you would pay that much attention to me once in awhile!"
It's even worse when you've become accustomed to flub-spotting, and can't watch an episode without sitting ready to nitpick everything. I wish U could just switch that off and watch an episode occasionally!! :lol:
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#14 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Doc I love the analogy of Mac (Jim Bonnick) as New Coke! I do like Mac better than Jim Bonnick, but I can tolerate it in this episode more than others. Maybe because it seems a little less far fetched in this one.