Top 5 of Season 4

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Higgiebaby
Lieutenant Commander

Top 5 of Season 4

#1 Post by Higgiebaby »

#1 Letter to a duchess

#2 Distant relative

#3 I witness

#4 Luther Gillis file #521

#5 Operation silent night

Least favorites are, No more mr.nice guy,and, Smaller than life

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

My Top 5:

1. Home From the Sea
2. Operation: Silent Night
3. On Face Value
4. Distant Relative
5. Luther Gillis: File #521

Least favorite = Smaller Than Life
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#3 Post by Doc Ibold »

1) Home From The Sea
2) Jororo Farewell
3) Distant Relative (Rambo Rick! Plus a pretty decent plot)
4) Operation Silnet Night
5) The Case of the Red-Faced Thespian

Least favorite: Rembrandts Girl

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#4 Post by IslandHopper »

My Top 5 Of Season 4 Are:

1. Squeeze Play

2. Jororo Farewell

3. Distant Relative

4. Letter To A Duchess

5. Limited Engagement

My Least favorite is "Paradise Blues."
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

Waltstasz
Admiral

#5 Post by Waltstasz »

There are some great classic episodes in this season.

1. Home From the Sea
2. I Witness
3. Operation: Silent Night
4. Distant Relative
5. A Sense of Debt

I didn't like Smaller Than Life. :shock:
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Another season reviewed and ticked off, so here is my Top 5. :)

1. HOME FROM THE SEA - My all-time favourite MPI episode; this one blew me away when I first saw it, and still does after many re-viewings.

2. LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME - This is one of my 'underdog' episodes - most people seem to overlook it, but I love it's mix of comedy and adventure, and is one of my favourites.

3. OPERATION: SILENT NIGHT - A perfect Christmas episode (but one that can be enjoyed at any time of year), with many great wonderful character moments from the four stars.

4. HOLMES IS WHERE THE HEART IS - My favourite 'Magnum-lite' episode, with a great guest star in Patrick Macnee, this is a wonderful story.

5. LETTER TO A DUCHESS - Although I'm not always a fan of the more romantically-themed episodes (especially those that appear in later seasons), this is a wonderful Magnum-Higgins piece.

Honorable mention goes to LIMITED ENGAGEMENT.
(If I had constructed this Top 5 a few years ago, I WITNESS would have made it instead of LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME)

My least favourite episode of the season, and one of the dullest of the entire series in my opinion, is PARADISE BLUES. I also didn't care for NO MORE MR. NICE GUY.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Home From the Sea
Operation: Silent Night
Squeeze Play
No More Mr. Nice Guy (Go Navy!)
Distant Relative

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#8 Post by Italian Ice »

Ok, it was fairly tough to pick this one..

I Witness – this one had everything. A good plot, interesting bad guys, a unique concept, lots of humor, a surprise ending and more. When I took a long break from watching this show in the 90’s and tried to recollect it, this one came to my head first and when I found this site, I was looking for this one. You can’t ask for much else in any TV show.

Squeeze Play – I can see the point of how some people don’t like this one, but I guess it’s because I like to play softball myself, but I don’t watch it. I like to watch this one over and over again once in awhile

Distant Relative – a very good addition to the overall storyline. Good plot, good acting, and it was able to insert both humour and sadness, something that most people don’t always take too seriously.

Letter to a Duchess – a very entertaining episode and one of the first episodes I ever saw. This was one of the first ones that got me hooked on the show. “Would you like a hotdog?” lol

Limited Engagement – a more light hearted episode, but you can’t help but keep watching this one. You saw everyone and everything in this one.

Honorable mentions go to: Holmes is where the Heart is and Operation Silent Night.

Why I didn’t pick Home from the Sea? It’s a great episode to advance the storyline and to go back in time a bit, as well as show the character development and appreciation of each other. It wouldn’t be a good episode to introduce to someone if you wanted to get them hooked on the show. Also, the whole “psychic” connection between all of them wasn’t needed and the “missing surf ski” would have been enough to realize that Magnum was missing. Mind you, I didn’t watch this episode until I saw many others, so I’m sure that if I saw it when it first aired or something, I would like it better. Still, it is a very good episode, but I would rather watch the aforementioned ones more often than this one.

The episodes I didn’t like we all pretty much agree on the same.
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#9 Post by Agatha »

Well, again...STILL...I'm having a heck of a time picking just 5!!

So...today...my top 5 of Season 4 is:

1 - Home from the Sea

2 - Holmes Is Where the Heart Is

3 - Limited Engagement

4 - Paradise Blues

5 - The Look

But I also REALLY like Operation: Silent Night, No More Mr. Nice Guy and Rembrandt's Girl!

See? I CAN'T MAKE MY SELF pick just 5!!

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Jay-Firestorm
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Jay-Firestorm »

Italian Ice wrote:Why I didn’t pick Home from the Sea? It’s a great episode to advance the storyline and to go back in time a bit, as well as show the character development and appreciation of each other. It wouldn’t be a good episode to introduce to someone if you wanted to get them hooked on the show. Also, the whole “psychic” connection between all of them wasn’t needed and the “missing surf ski” would have been enough to realize that Magnum was missing. Mind you, I didn’t watch this episode until I saw many others, so I’m sure that if I saw it when it first aired or something, I would like it better. Still, it is a very good episode, but I would rather watch the aforementioned ones more often than this one.
I do kind of get where you're coming from, but for me the pros far outweigh the cons on this one. I think if they had tried the "psychic" thing any earlier in the show's run (particularly in the first two seasons), it wouldn't have worked, but by this point, the characters knew each other so well, that in a way it worked. It's still my all-time favourite episode either way! :D
Agatha wrote:But I also REALLY like Operation: Silent Night, No More Mr. Nice Guy and Rembrandt's Girl!
...Of which the latter two are are two of my least favourite episodes of the season. Which, as discussed on another thread, is in a way a good thing - there are really episodes to suit all tastes.
JAY FIRESTORM

Facebook: Jay Gathergood / Twitter: Jay_Firestorm NEW BLOG: http://thea-teamcaptured.blogspot.com/

My A-Team site - http://thea-team.org aiming to be the most detailed A-Team site on the Net - if I ever get around to updating it!!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Steve »

Looking over season IV, I have come to the conclusion that there is just no way I can pick the top five. I don't even see a clunker listed for that season and every time I try to narrow it down I see another one I would add to the list. The Series was hitting on all cylinders that year.........