Downing's get wet hat

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

Downing's get wet hat

#1 Post by only looking »

so..heard awhile back on here there MAY be plans to re-release the GET WET cap that was seen on Magnum PI....any news on this?
It made me do it Higgins!!!

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

Nothing yet. Keone Downing wrote me that he's looking for the original supplier of the blank caps, but hasn't had much luck. I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by only looking »

cool...I'm sure if nothing else he can find some VERY close ones if the original supplier can't be used.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by steveadl »

I bought one earlier this year off eBay from a bloke in South America somewhere. Pretty happy with the quality of it. Think he had about 20 to sell at the time, all gone now though and no longer listed on eBay.

Was a while back, but looks like eBay doesn't show purchases in your history past a couple months. If he decides to make some more, it was listed as "MAGNUM P.I. Get Wet Downing Hawaii Exclusive Replica Cap Embroidered Hat"

St Max Kolbe
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#5 Post by St Max Kolbe »

steveadl wrote:I bought one earlier this year off eBay from a bloke in South America somewhere. Pretty happy with the quality of it. Think he had about 20 to sell at the time, all gone now though and no longer listed on eBay.

Was a while back, but looks like eBay doesn't show purchases in your history past a couple months. If he decides to make some more, it was listed as "MAGNUM P.I. Get Wet Downing Hawaii Exclusive Replica Cap Embroidered Hat"
NOOOOO! I have been looking for a while but just not at the right time. Seriously cool hat and look to get one custom made eventually as long as the price isn't too hurtful.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Braddah Kimo »

well... sorry but it just looks like an inexpensive painters cap to me....