King Kamehameha II

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Bartender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

King Kamehameha II

#1 Post by Bartender »

Hi All,
I've searched but have not been able to find much info on the King Kamehameha II (the cruiser belonging to the club that Rick usually piloted). Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Maybe owing to the fact it may be fictitious?

Bartender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by Bartender »

So was Magnum PI.
However, the boat did exist, ceretainly under a different name.
I guess you don't know any more about it than I do. Thanks for the input.

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Well you found some info. Try share, den ax whatchoo like know. That's how da buggah works.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumILWU »

How do you know how it works BK? You always make comments on posts, that have nothing to do with the post! Usually it's nobody knows anything about Hawaii but you! Why don't you try and make a contribution to a post, that will add to it. not making it your own soapbox!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Braddah Kimo »

I apologize for ALWAYS... make comments on posts, that have nothing to do with the post. I guess i really am getting old and can I blame it on alzheimers. I really thot i would be offering a local perspective sometimes at least. Guess I was wrong. Anyway, in future you may ignore my posts wholly and completely for as to prevent any frustration.
back on subject, ( I think) Sez he found some info. Wot kine? Then, what kine info he like know? what is the name of the boat now? what make is it? who owned it? what it cost? did the studios own it? a cast member? I mean there are thousands of boats here (and they come and they go, could be that boat long gone outta Hawaii) and they change names alla time and that was long ago and... well, some people need more details to do some detective work. There is fathomless minutiae regarding the multitudinous boats here, so whachoo like know? Ya need technical specs? provenance? History of its travels? its accoutrements? racing history if any? specifics is what is needed. simple.
I mean next time i steh at da yacht club I can say. "eh. some haole in Palm Springs, Californication, wen ax us online for more information about a boat on that old show magnum PI. he sez he found some... information but wants more." They will naturally respond with "well, what da heck did HE find out about one individual boat that was here three decades ago. And what would he like to know?" i mean sometimes, quite often, I would say that kinda thing sparks the ol rusty memory enuff to bring forth something that may satisfy. As da haoles say; "a little help?"
ok, getting down from my soapbox now.

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MagnumILWU »

BK; I know your an educated man, who knows what's going on! You never need to apologize for your passion for your culture! When I think of some of your posts, it reminds me of Hawk, from the Spenser books! One time he's talking like a slave, the next time, it's a Harvard professor! I may rant some, but I get you!
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Braddah Kimo »

hahahaaa. a right on post, man! mahalos.

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by erock308 »

MagnumILWU wrote:How do you know how it works BK? You always make comments on posts, that have nothing to do with the post! Usually it's nobody knows anything about Hawaii but you! Why don't you try and make a contribution to a post, that will add to it. not making it your own soapbox!
Amen to that!
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

Bartender
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#10 Post by Bartender »

I cannot understand any of your gibberish. Your spelling, grammar and syntax are atrocious.
Is this truly a friendly information exchange forum, or simply a waste of time?

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by MagnumILWU »

OK guys, Bk gets it! Let's not pile on!
"pickled egg please"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

It's a 50' Bertram.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by erock308 »

Bartender, this forum used to be a friendly exchange of MPI info an interests, however there always comes a time in the life of every forum that a "bully or drama queen" pokes it's nose in and ruins it for everyone with drama, well nuff said about that.

To your question about he clubs boat, I believe I once heard that they used rental charters for the on water scenes. I recall in one episode that you can clearly see that the boats name was a banner tied on to the back. I think the episode was when TC got shot and his fake brother showed up; anyone recall the name of the episode? The end credits may mention the charter company?

Hope this helps.
"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by MagnumILWU »

'Under World' Season 5, Episode 5
"pickled egg please"

Braddah Kimo
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Braddah Kimo »

Bartender wrote:I cannot understand any of your gibberish. Your spelling, grammar and syntax are atrocious.
Is this truly a friendly information exchange forum, or simply a waste of time?
None of the above. In general it is a free exchange of ideas and opinions. In particular, it's a semblance of local lingo. Some like it, some understand it. Others don't know what it is, thus fear it, thus hate it.
In many kama'aina web sites or Hawaii related blogs, chat rooms, etc... pidgin english (what the "gibberish" is known as in this instance) is employed quite naturally, and understood by quite a few of the denizens who frequent the particular Hawai'i based site.
Since there always comes a time in the life of every forum that someone with a realistic or different perspective of the fantasy TV show in question, pops in and offers their wholly different energy, they invariably and unintentionally upset the natural setting of the milieu, are then reviled and labelled 'troll', a "bully or drama queen" and altho' some may like the background and trivia not usually seen by outsiders and the common viewer of the show in question, it remains that some have a need to express aversion to the unusual perspective, as it destroys the closely held myth of the unrealistic Hawai'i (as it is now, and) conveyed all those years in Magnum P.I... as well as shedding light on the real local view of the islands, which isn't painless, for it requires loosening completely the grip of firm held dogma, false perceptions and warped scenarios the disgruntled prefer to adhere to.
And the fuming heads and pitchfork shakers say this "ruins it for everyone with the drama"...
"If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out" or pass on that particular pontificator's post when thine eye spies the BK sign.