TV "birthdays"

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

TV "birthdays"

#1 Post by Karrnut »

We have a handle on Tom and the guy's real birthdays. But, did the show ever address when the characters birthdays were, and just how close were they to the real birthdays? Just wondering.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick

Walks
Captain

#2 Post by Walks »

This is off the top of my head, but I'm reasonably sure that in a few episodes Magnum's birthday is established as August 8th, 1945. (Ten years to the day after Don Bellasario's birthday). If I remember correctly, that date moved around a little bit - For instance, the episode "40" about Magnum's 40th birthday, was broadcast in 1987, which conflicts, obviously, with the 1945 date.

Again - Top of my head - I could be wrong, since it's been awhile since I've seen the relevant episodes, and I didn't feel like research tonight. ;)

Hey -- You could do a Magnum emoticon: @|:{ ('Sposed to be a Tiger's cap...)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Walks wrote:@|:{ ('Sposed to be a Tiger's cap...)
Nice! Yes, August 8th is the date (same as my eldest son!). But there is a conflicting date somewhere... Is it on a close up of his driver's license?
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Walks
Captain

#4 Post by Walks »

Sam Beckett's birthday is also August 8th, and while I don't watch NCIS, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Harmon's character's B-Day is established on that day, as well.

I could check, but Higgins has the estate's computer room locked up and guarded by the lads, and Rick isn't picking up his phone, so I can't ask him.

@|:{

Karrnut
Vice Admiral

#5 Post by Karrnut »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Walks wrote:@|:{ ('Sposed to be a Tiger's cap...)
Nice! Yes, August 8th is the date (same as my eldest son!). But there is a conflicting date somewhere... Is it on a close up of his driver's license?
good call Styles, I have a mock-up of TM's Drivers License & it reads Jan 5th 1946.
"Low rent knuckle busters." - Rick