Aussie dude in Oahu right now!

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

scotty73
Captain

Aussie dude in Oahu right now!

#1 Post by scotty73 »

Hey guys - in Oahu right now, end of our 3rd day, 10 to go. The most beautiful place I've ever been to, the locals are just amazing and I'm having the time of my life... So when I figure out how to post images, I will! I've dragged the better half to Elks Lodge (King Kamehameha Club), hiring a car to get out to the Anderson Estate (Robin's Nest) then we'll head up to Valley of the Temples to see the Byodo-In Temple (features in some of my fave episodes). Have purchased TS's Detroit baseball cap, trying to track down the black jungle bird aloha shirt, have only seen the red one so far... Also have been gradually reducing my facial hair so in a day or two's time I'll have just a mo... Watched the opening of season three on the plane over here and had many comments form passers-by... Too funny. Peace out guys, later ;)[/img]

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by Sam »

Hi scotty73,

Have a great vacation.

Hey,I found some contact info for you on the shirt.The company is located 2-3 miles from Waikiki.Give them a call they would know who has the shirt or order it and have it delivered to your hotel.

Pacific Clothing Company
240 Puuhale Rd
Honolulu,HI US
phone..808-832-1844

http://www.paradisefoundshirts.com/contact.html

Visiting Stewardess
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Visiting Stewardess »

Oh wow!!! That sounds soooooo great!
Have a great time and enjoy every second!

I am trying not to be jealous. :D

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by KENJI »

Hi Scotty,

Enjoy the trip and we can't wait to see some pics!!!

scotty73
Captain

#5 Post by scotty73 »

Thanks guys - and cheers Sam, I finally found Paradise Found shirts and have purchased the black jungle bird shirt, red on me isn't great... So we took a helicopter flight yesterday and went over the Anderson Estate (Robin's Nest) and TC's chopper pad. Next week we're hiring a convertible and we'll drive to the Anderson Esate and up to Valley of the Temples. Time of my life guys - will post images when I'm back in Oz. Cheers everyone :)

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by Majordomo »

Give Ms. Anderson our best wishes!

Bathurstfan
Commander

#7 Post by Bathurstfan »

I hope you have a great time I have to do this trip one day. With so many fans like you it is amazing it is so hard for them to do a movie. Anyway enjoy your tri.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Wish I were there. Enjoy bro. :wink:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#9 Post by Majordomo »

Per chance, did you get to swing by the estate on Pug day?

scotty73
Captain

#10 Post by scotty73 »

Got a Mustang convertible for tomorrow guys, so will be at the Anderson Estate in the morning. Can't wait! Got my jungle bird shirt ready, Detroit cap, the missus won't let me wear funky litle shorts though... Then we'll got to the Byodo-In Temple and see if we can find a sumo wrestler and a midget to fight with - ha ha! Time's gone so fast, can't believe only 3 days to go...

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by steveadl »

Very jealous Scotty, can't wait to get back there again! Don't suppose you're going to attempt the Haiku Stairs?

Make sure to have a swim in the tidal pool (if it's deep enough)- awesome experience!

Suzie
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#12 Post by Suzie »

Scotty how was the trip? I would so love to do a Magnum Pi crawl of Hawaii. I am also in Australia. Was it everything you hoped for?
"Now I know what you're thinking."

Styles Bitchley

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Suzie wrote:Scotty how was the trip? I would so love to do a Magnum Pi crawl of Hawaii. I am also in Australia. Was it everything you hoped for?
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

scotty73
Captain

#14 Post by scotty73 »

Hey Steveadl - certainly did have a swim in the tidal pool, the water was crystal clear and warm and so, so beautiful it was amazing. Just wish there was another dude there to take a photo of me holding the missus up whilst snorkelling...

And Suzie - it was everything I hoped for and MORE! The weather & the scenery were just mind-blowingly good, the people are just the nicest dudes you'll ever meet, I LOVED driving over there ( I hate it over here and avoid it when I can), everything about Hawaii (and Oahu in particular) is fantastic.

And Styles, thanks for re-posting my Flickr link - Suzie, check 'em out.

Lastly - anyone want more Oahu pics posted? Lemme know if you do, put in a request etc - I did shoot over 1200 shots whilst there... ha ha

I'd move there TODAY if I could. Green Card Lottery website, here I come... ;)

Styles Bitchley

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

scotty73 wrote:I'd move there TODAY if I could. Green Card Lottery website, here I come... ;)
I had thought of it many times, but then found out Canadians don't qualify. You gotta think long-term too. Once you're American, you'll be paying taxes to Uncle Sam even if you move back to Oz permanently!

- J.Q.H.