Magnum Wallet Items

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Walks
Captain

Magnum Wallet Items

#1 Post by Walks »

In my somewhat neurotic quest to put together a Thomas Magnum wallet that seems to come from the "real world", (rather than televisionland) I've been working on putting together a few souvenirs that Magnum might carry.

A couple of them are below at actual size. Although they're researched a little bit, they're entirely made up. The art on the Army/Navy ticket is from that year's program, for instance, but I have no idea what a real ticket looked like.

The backs are currently blank although I've got some ideas on the burner.
At some point, I also want to do a realistic license based on HI's actual 80's era dl's. (If anyone has a scan of one, I'd love to see it!)

Anyone in this community who wants these can have them, but I'd be bummed if you sold them.

When the backs and dl's are done, I'll make those available, as well.

I'm also thinking of a "to do" list, with things like "pay T.C. for gas", etc., as well as some more realistic looking pictures than the ones currently in the wallet, which I LOVE, btw...

Walks
Captain

#2 Post by Walks »

Oh -

Obviously, the Surfing ticket should be torn at the dotted line.

The Army/Navy ticket shouldn't, 'cause Magnum didn't get to go.

Just occurred to me - Tanaka's police business card should go in there, as well.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Thanks Walks!!

I love the idea of filling up T.M's wallet with tickets, $2 bill, business card.... Great idea Walks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did Thomas have his own business card at anytime??? How about when he worked at the bank....undercover?
You need to find a P.I. license as well. You also need to add some lint because he never had any money in there.

Well done!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by steveadl »

Check out RocknRobbie's website, I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of TM's Hawaii Drivers License on there. If not, then it must have been on MM somewhere...

zebra3
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by zebra3 »

I could have swore I saw a snapshot of magnum's wallet on this site somewhere, that's the next logical step for this thread.
"Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me."

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by steveadl »

I can't remember the members name, but earlier this year someone posted a whole heap of photos of their huge Magnum collection. Perhaps it was amongst that? I'll see if I can dig up the thread....

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by steveadl »

Found it:

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1533

Pictures of wallet on 1st and 2nd page, though not very clear. Perhaps Only Looking can post some close ups of the license?

This however wasn't the photo of the license I saw couple weeks back, it was a lot closer up. Will check Robbie's website...

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by steveadl »

Spoke too soon - still not the one I saw little while back, but eRock has a good close up of a private investigators license for you on page 5:

http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... c&start=40

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by steveadl »

Ahhhhh here we go! Should have known I need not look any further than the MM website, thanks JJ!

You can see a clearer shot of it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#10 Post by Rocknrobbie »

Thanks for the wallet items Walks

I was bidding on a auction several years ago, the auction was for one of the prop wallets with content, and the old time bottle opener from the episode Mac's Back, and the ferrari keys and keychain, a lady out bid me after the auction was over I emailed her and congratulated her on her win.

I asked her if she would tell me what was in the wallet, she told me to promise her that it would be for my collection only and she would send me some photos of the content of the wallet, I agreed and she actuality send me scans of everything I saved the auction photo, I will post on the board for everyone, as soon as I can find it.

Robbie

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Nice work Walks! Really cool to see the creativity.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by KENJI »

There needs to be at least one parking ticket in the wallet and maybe a speeding ticket (plate# Robin 1, estate address...................).

Hey Robbie,

What did the wallet and contents end up going for?

Rocknrobbie
Lieutenant Commander

#13 Post by Rocknrobbie »

I bid it up to $1,500.00 and then another guy took over and if I remember right it ended for like $1,900.00 I thought it would be a nice set to own, oh well you win some and you loose some.
Robbie

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by steveadl »

That is so awesome! I'd love to own an actual prop used in some episodes!

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by only looking »

Rocknrobbie wrote:I bid it up to $1,500.00 and then another guy took over and if I remember right it ended for like $1,900.00 I thought it would be a nice set to own, oh well you win some and you loose some.
Robbie

NICE...thought for a min, someone else had my bottle opener...LOL I'm very happy with the stuff I've collected over the years...have thought about making Cleo's card to put in my prop wallet...but then again...me making pink business cards with CLEO, a heart, and ....your place or mine... :shock: might give off the wrong impressions...LMAO :lol: A shame the correct blue interior Diver Down wallet hasn't been remade like Tom's...new ones are always black...oh well close enough I guess...
It made me do it Higgins!!!