The saddest moment

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mavrick
Pinball Wizard

The saddest moment

#1 Post by Mavrick »

In all the episodes that I have seen in my opinion the saddest moment by far . Is when Magnum's mom saw him in a coma for the first time, I am not sure if that was the last episode on season 7 ( Limbo) or the First one of season 8 ( Infinity and jelly Doughnuts). So what are your picks for the saddest Magnum Moments
Magnum, feed the lads, would you? There are steaks in the freezer. Yes you can have one too.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#2 Post by N1095A »

Definately when he said good-bye to Lilly at the temple, thinking it would be the last time he'd ever see her.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by only looking »

N1095A wrote:Definately when he said good-bye to Lilly at the temple, thinking it would be the last time he'd ever see her.
:cry: That one always gets me..Magnum is tring to be strong watching his daughter and the woman he loves walk away..then she keeps looking back..the turns around and runs back to Magnum for a hug..MAN OH MAN...the look on his face..the emotion,red teary eyes....just so much there.
It made me do it Higgins!!!

O-M-G
Lieutenant

saddest moment

#4 Post by O-M-G »

one of the saddest moments, i think, is when higgins must betray his friend, patrick mcnee, as watson to holmes.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by KENJI »

When Thomas is in Limbo and tells Michelle that he will let her go..........

When Thomas sees the video of the car explosion that Michelle was in.....

When Mac is killed in the Ferrari explosion.......

When Lily is reunited with Thomas at the church.......

When Thomas can't pull the trigger killing Kwan and getting revenge for Michelle because of the POW exchange that was going on.

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by AmandaByNight »

I love all of these moments.

I'm most moved by Frank Sinatra at the end of Laura. Something about watching someone as iconic as Sinatra in such a sad, tender moment. I cry every time.

I also agree about when he can't kill Kwan. Wow.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Mac being blown up in the Ferrari is another one. Also, Resolutions for the simple fact that there are no more Magnum's!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Magnum T. »

The entire episode "Limbo".
I had never seen it before DVD and I was shocked by it.
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by KENJI »

Another one is when Sharon Stone's character kills herself...........,but I have to agree with IKnowWhatYoureThinking that Resolutions is at the top of the list because it was the very last Magnum - a very sad day indeed!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

I think Kwan is really spelt Quang. Vietnamese names are not a strong point for me - sorry :oops:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Magnum T. wrote:The entire episode "Limbo".
I had never seen it before DVD and I was shocked by it.
That is one of the saddest, and strongest, TV episodes ever. It gets me every time.

"I love you, and I'm letting you go"

That line and everything it embodies helped me through the most difficult time of my life. It sounds corny, but it's true.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by steveadl »

Agree, the last few minutes of 'Limbo' (as seen here: http://magnum-mania.com/Video/Magnum_Limbo.html ) would have to be the saddest moment of the series for me as far as story line goes.

Removing yourself from the story line and thinking as a viewer, then 'Resolutions' as the last episode - knowing there are no more to come - is also right up there, but for that different reason.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#13 Post by J.J. Walters »

Without a doubt, Magnum walking off into Heaven to John Denver's "Looking for Space"! In the original run, that was it. Game over. Magnum's dead and there's no more Magnum P.I.! It doesn't get much sadder than that.

Thank god they brought it back for one more season!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by steveadl »

J.J. Walters wrote:Without a doubt, Magnum walking off into Heaven to John Denver's "Looking for Space"! In the original run, that was it. Game over. Magnum's dead and there's no more Magnum P.I.! It doesn't get much sadder than that.

Thank god they brought it back for one more season!
So true. It's different to see it years after the fact and know there is another season. But to be watching the original airing at the time, being told that it's the last episode of the show and that's how they leave you.... :shock:

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Frodoleader »

[quote="steveadl"]Agree, the last few minutes of 'Limbo' (as seen here: http://magnum-mania.com/Video/Magnum_Limbo.html ) would have to be the saddest moment of the series for me as far as story line goes.

I second this. When I first watched this episode, the kick in the gut I got was akin to the one I got when my father died.
Even though I was thrilled that MPI came back for another season, I still contend that Limbo could have been probably the best series "finales" ever done.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan