My M.P.I. tattoo idea.

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Coops
Fleet Admiral

My M.P.I. tattoo idea.

#1 Post by Coops »

Going to go with the classic cross of lorraine encircled with a hawaiian lei. I will have this on my forearm, on the inside, between the elbow and the wrist, about 4" in length. I think it will look pretty damned cool.

If I was good with photoshop I'd do a picture of it. But, this is the best I could do. What do you guys think?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#2 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Go for it. I'm not a tattooman myself, but I appreciate the artwork on others. I somehow made it through my Navy days without a tat.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Magnum T. »

You mean something like this?

"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Coops »

Yes! Very close! The lei would be tight around the outside circle. The cross and circle would be gold and the inside of it would be black. Thanks!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MACattack »

Dang. I've been planning to get the Cross of Loraine on the back of my forearm too. Mine's sans the lei idea, though.
I just don't give a damn!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Magnum T. »

Better?
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#7 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Way to go with the Magnum themed tats guys. I just can't bring myself to get any ink. Call me a chicken.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#8 Post by ConchRepublican »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:Way to go with the Magnum themed tats guys. I just can't bring myself to get any ink. Call me a chicken.
I'm with you IKWYT . . . I think it looks cool, but I have yet to find something I want on my skin for the rest of my life.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#9 Post by J.J. Walters »

That is awesome Coops! What a great idea for a tat! Perfect spot for it, too! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Coops »

Magnum T. wrote:Image

Better?
Really damn close! I just don't want any space between the lei and the circle around the cross. But that's just me being picky!

Thanks for the compliments! When I get it done I'll post photos after it's healed. As for actually getting the tatt, I've waited a very long time to find something that I would want on my body for the rest of my life, I am now 43. My years in the navy were tempered with the fact that at that time I really wanted a tatt but couldn't find anything that I really wanted on my skin for eternity. Now, I know exactly what I would like. I also have an idea for another tatt involving the Camaro logo...but that is a thread for another time! :D

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Coops wrote:
Magnum T. wrote:Image

Better?
Really damn close! I just don't want any space between the lei and the circle around the cross. But that's just me being picky!

Thanks for the compliments! When I get it done I'll post photos after it's healed. As for actually getting the tatt, I've waited a very long time to find something that I would want on my body for the rest of my life, I am now 43. My years in the navy were tempered with the fact that at that time I really wanted a tatt but couldn't find anything that I really wanted on my skin for eternity. Now, I know exactly what I would like. I also have an idea for another tatt involving the Camaro logo...but that is a thread for another time! :D
Good for you Coops!

I've toyed with a few different ideas, but keep coming back to not loving anything enough to commit.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Magnum T. »

I am not the tattoo type, but I would get rid of the lei and leave just the croix. But that is your choice.

Anyway I'll be waiting to see a picture when it's done.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Coops »

Without the lei, to me, it would just be another cross of lorraine. The lei signifies both it's intent and it's purpose. Because, let's face it, Hawai'i is as big a character as Magnum in the series.

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Magnum T. »

I see your point and you are absolutely right about Hawaii.
I was just thinking from a graphic point of view the lei could make the whole thing a little bit too "heavy".
Anyway, as I said, I am not a tattoo expert and the choice is up to you.
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Coops »

On the design I have in my head the lei would be significantly thinner than the graphic you did. It's a good guide to what I ultimately have in mind though.