The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#961 Post by KENJI »

Thanks RG!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#962 Post by KENJI »

It's also interesting to see the new roof color from the ground and what looks to be the beginning of some paint on the house.....look at the arches under the upper lanai and then the surrounding area and you will notice the change in color.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#963 Post by 308GUY »

Good stuff! Thanks RG. :)

I can almost see the Ferrari pulling in on the first one with the driveway!

Looks like Mrs. A has grandkids that visit too...unless she likes that little slide.... :lol:

Sure does look like a new roof and new paint in progress. Wonder how old these pics are?

Always glad to see pics of the ole' "home place"....sure hope it gets preserved. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#964 Post by Steve »

Great pics RG! I just keep thinking that if The Good Lady Anderson is in her mid-seventies, she would have been in her prime of her 30's and 40's during the golden H-50 and Magnum,pi years. I wonder if she ever had a "thing" for Selleck or even Jack Lord. I also wonder if she ever appears in any background shots of either series..................

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#965 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:Great pics RG! I just keep thinking that if The Good Lady Anderson is in her mid-seventies, she would have been in her prime of her 30's and 40's during the golden H-50 and Magnum,pi years. I wonder if she ever had a "thing" for Selleck or even Jack Lord. I also wonder if she ever appears in any background shots of either series..................
Thanks, Steve!

Funny you should mention this! This is Mrs. Anderson in the striped suit to the left of Rick. She’s throughout the ironman segment, and at one point swims right into TM! She also gets out of the water at the same time as him at Wai’alae Beach Park when they change into their running clothes. During the running segment she’s runner number 26 (white shirt/yellow shorts.) She's an accomplished swimmer (http://wai-kikiroughwaterswimhistory.com/cotton.html) so it's only fitting that she be in this episode. :D I'm not sure if she's been in others but I'll keep looking for her.

~RG

I took this pic from J.J.’s screen caps:

Here's a young Mrs. Anderson, the young lady on the bottom:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#966 Post by KENJI »

RG - I forgot about Eve's scene!
Nice pic of her at the bottom - an excellent find.
I do remember someone saying that Eve and Tom were good friends in the 80's and did some surf skiing together. I can't confirm, but that's what I heard so take it with a grain of salt.
Keep up the great work!

K

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#967 Post by Steve »

Thanks RG! Incredible information and pictures.............

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#968 Post by Sam »

Thanks RG for the photos.

I didn't see it mentioned recently and I believe it was at one time.Eve doubled for Higgins in the episode when Higgins climbed a palm tree.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#969 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Pahonu wrote:
OK JJ, I don't know if you meant to do this or were just highlighting some rarely seen areas, but the middle two pictures show precisely the areas I have uncertainty about, and need help with.

Picture 2 The side of the gatehouse with the garage attached is speculative. I am only certain of a couple of second floor windows in the ell and the ones in the garage. The rest of the rear of the structure is a mystery.

Picture 3 The small porch at the rear of the kitchen wing, next to the garages, is also uncertain, as is the area to the right of it with two balconies and two doors beneath them. I know the left balcony is there, but the rest is not known. Also the adjacent lower wall with no openings is a question. (JJ, the lanai Kenji mentioned is just above this wall.)

THE CALL GOES OUT: ANY SLEUTHS OUT THERE, PHOTOS FROM THESE ANGLES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Sorry for shouting. :wink:
Hi Pahonu,

Did you see tonight's 60 Minutes?...we need a drone! ;) Isn't Lily over there now? I wonder if Oahu has a "Rent-A-Drone"?

legto
Ensign

#970 Post by legto »

308guy,

In answer to your question I live in Montreal Canada and Kennebunk Maine. Hawai'i is my favorite getaway location and I'm there regularly.

My opinions are a mixture of my knowledge of the real estate business, experience with ocean front property (not in Hawai'i) and my time in and love for Oahu.

The photos just posted confirmed my fears about the deterioration of the property! No wonder there are no photos in the listing.

I've tried to post a photo from my iPad but it's not working, I'm not sure how to do it on this forum.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#971 Post by 308GUY »

Thanks for your response legto.

I think if you go to the "User Control Panel", (upper rt. hnd. crnr. or page), there is a section on "How do I"...then instructions on how to use different functions of the forum, posting pictures among them. Just a suggestion.

Again, I think your assessments are pretty close to being on the mark, but as with everything in this world, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Would like to see your pictures if/when you get around to posting them.

:magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#972 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

308GUY wrote: Wonder how old these pics are?

Always glad to see pics of the ole' "home place"....sure hope it gets preserved. :magnum:
Hi 308GUY!

Sorry about that, I should have included the date. The photos were dated May 30, 2012.

To address Pahonu being a tear down, though...maybe this is just wishful thinking, but why would Mrs. Anderson spend a ton of money to re-roof just a couple years ago? I'm assuming she knew then that she was going to sell, so if it was my home and I knew the condition was so bad that the only buyers would tear it down, I sure wouldn't put on a new roof. If it was leaking I'd patch it and that's it. Again, maybe that's just wishful thinking :D

~RG

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#973 Post by steveadl »

That first photo of the boat/guest house from the tennis courts really gives a good perspective of just how large the lanai and small the interior room upstairs actually is!

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#974 Post by steveadl »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
308GUY wrote: Wonder how old these pics are?

Hi 308GUY!

Sorry about that, I should have included the date. The photos were dated May 30, 2012.

To address Pahonu being a tear down, though...maybe this is just wishful thinking, but why would Mrs. Anderson spend a ton of money to re-roof just a couple years ago? I'm assuming she knew then that she was going to sell, so if it was my home and I knew the condition was so bad that the only buyers would tear it down, I sure wouldn't put on a new roof. If it was leaking I'd patch it and that's it. Again, maybe that's just wishful thinking :D

~RG
Whether or not it achieves the current asking price - I still think one of the likeliest possibilities would be a rich purchaser buying the estate for themselves. With that sort of money, sinking an extra million or so into refurbishing the buildings wouldn't be a big ask and would provide them with a once again again brilliant mansion, catered to their personal desires, with much larger land than other areas of Oahu, and likely at a smaller cost of building a brand new mansion from scratch on a smaller (and relatively more expensive) piece of land in say Kahala.

Higgins (aka Bondtoys)
Fleet Admiral

#975 Post by Higgins (aka Bondtoys) »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Pahonu,

Did you see tonight's 60 Minutes?...we need a drone! ;) Isn't Lily over there now? I wonder if Oahu has a "Rent-A-Drone"?
I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Anderson would take our drone down like Magnum did with Higgie's model plane :higgins: