Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#76 Post by only looking »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I think you might want to give up on this one guys.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
It made me do it Higgins!!!

Marco
Commander

#77 Post by Marco »

You don't have to give up on it!! I know it's taking much longer than (also I) anticipated but it is not off the table! I don't know how your life goes - but I have to be often away from home and thus off private projects. This causes the delays.

But: The scan is done - but not optimized / modified to look "aged". I'll get to it hopefully, soon to put it into the shop. But my time is very (!) limited and that is just the reason. I was close to finish the project when I had to leave again for weeks. So - here we are again.

I apologize for the delays, guys.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by only looking »

MARCO......I assume this is a dead project. I knew it had been some time, but not that long of a time. :( Also are you the one selling the AAPI Award on ebay?

Marco
Commander

#79 Post by Marco »

I am not the seller, no. The painting project took indeed much much longer than I anticipated. Would you want a high-res picture of it so you can proceed with your plans on your own?

However, I was somewhat involved in the production of the AAPI Award replica. It's a very good quality replica (based on screen caps only - made before we saw the real one in pictures here but still very close). So if anybody considers to buy it, I am sure he/she will be happy with it.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by only looking »

Don't have the means to do the painting myself I'm afraid..... :( But I do however have future plans to do my own AAPI award......right now however spending some money on rebuilding a motor for a 67' Impala...and that's alot of money..... :x ...LOL

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#81 Post by Brian »

I'm also very interested in getting a high res. version of the painting. Please let me know how much it will be.

only looking
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by only looking »

Brian wrote:I'm also very interested in getting a high res. version of the painting. Please let me know how much it will be.
Don't hold your breath Brian...I did and have passed out several times....lol Don't think this project ever really got off the ground and looks like it's never gonna see the light of day, which is sad, cause it's a pretty good reproduction.

Brian
Fleet Admiral

#83 Post by Brian »

Dang, Looks like I'll have to get my friend to paint a reproduction.
Sneakers Higgins!!

erock308
Fleet Admiral

Re: Magnum's "Gauguin" Painting

#84 Post by erock308 »

"Don't worry, Higgins, I like your stories."

matt_in_ca
Ensign

#85 Post by matt_in_ca »

Have you bought this Zazzle product? Do you have any idea if it's a quality product? (i.e. no pixelation)

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#86 Post by Styles Bitchley »

matt_in_ca wrote:Have you bought this Zazzle product? Do you have any idea if it's a quality product? (i.e. no pixelation)
Quality looks awful. I'd save your $$.

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

matt_in_ca
Ensign

#87 Post by matt_in_ca »

I'm hoping this thread isn't dead...

Anybody have any new insights into how to obtain a high quality, screen accurate reproduction of Magnum's Gaugin?

With all of the Magnum paraphernalia available on the web, I'm really surprised this one isn't.

Only looking 2

#88 Post by Only looking 2 »

So it's me only looking I had to change my name to owe me looking too because I forgot all my passwords and my old Yahoo account got hacked a long time ago LOL but in this digital age has no one been able to recreate the gaugin painting? I would absolutely love to have one of these as it appeared on the show I have a guest room and I'm thinking about decorating it in a magnum Guesthouse Motif kind of a combination of the bedroom and living room just need to track down some of the props and other items to give it the Magnum PI feel LOL but the painting is a definite if anyone has any ideas or knows where to get a recreation please tell me

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#89 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Only looking 2 wrote:So it's me only looking I had to change my name to owe me looking too because I forgot all my passwords and my old Yahoo account got hacked a long time ago LOL but in this digital age has no one been able to recreate the gaugin painting? I would absolutely love to have one of these as it appeared on the show I have a guest room and I'm thinking about decorating it in a magnum Guesthouse Motif kind of a combination of the bedroom and living room just need to track down some of the props and other items to give it the Magnum PI feel LOL but the painting is a definite if anyone has any ideas or knows where to get a recreation please tell me
Wow. It's been quite a while, my friend! Maybe Conch can do something to give you access to your old account. ;-)

This never actually came to be. PM me though. I may have a solution for you.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Only looking 2

#90 Post by Only looking 2 »

So oh, do you think this project is going to take off?