Eve Glover Anderson

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: Eve Glover Anderson

#76 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I discovered some more interesting information about Eve. It turns out that Ormand E. Wall, the man who built Pahonu, is actually Eve’s step-grandfather. Without going into genealogical details, the quick summary is that her biological grandfather, Moses E. Grossman, passed away in 1921 (Eve’s mother was born in 1912) and Eve’s grandmother remarried Ormand E. Wall in 1926.

~RG

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#77 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:I discovered some more interesting information about Eve. It turns out that Ormand E. Wall, the man who built Pahonu, is actually Eve’s step-grandfather. Without going into genealogical details, the quick summary is that her biological grandfather, Moses E. Grossman, passed away in 1921 (Eve’s mother was born in 1912) and Eve’s grandmother remarried Ormand E. Wall in 1926.

~RG
Another great find RG....you're on a roll!
Now if we could only figure out the Mr. Anderson mystery.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#78 Post by KENJI »

Sam wrote:Sorry guys,

Didn't mean to sound like someone with a springtime head
cold and nothing sticking,but nothing was sticking.
NOW I see where you're coming from :oops:
No problem Sam.
I could've explained it a bit better in the first post....now we are on the same page so it doesn't matter.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#79 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, I'm seeing it now. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her when she was younger. They do look alike. Same body type. Similar facial features.

This is too funny, because back in 2008, in the "Beauty Knows No Pain" thread, I was poking fun at the fact that Magnum was getting out of the water behind a "short, squat" lady (in the race). It now appears that this lady is Eve Anderson! :oops:

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#80 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:Sorry guys,

Didn't mean to sound like someone with a springtime head
cold and nothing sticking,but nothing was sticking.
NOW I see where you're coming from :oops:
No worries, Sam! Hope you're feeling better today! :D

~RG

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#81 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:This is too funny, because back in 2008, in the "Beauty Knows No Pain" thread, I was poking fun at the fact that Magnum was getting out of the water behind a "short, squat" lady (in the race). It now appears that this lady is Eve Anderson! :oops:[/img]
I think it's a noteworthy observation though. You've got to be in top notch shape for a regular triathlon, not to mention an iron man (2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride, and a marathon 26.2-mile (42.2 km) run, raced in that order and without a break)!

I don't think anyone in the scenes look like they're up for it!

Last year's men's winner

Last year's women's winner

"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by KENJI »

I don't think Eve was out to win the Iron Man just complete it which is a victory in my books. I've seen all sorts of body shapes cross the finish line of that race including the Hoyts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDnrLv6z-mM - incredible.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#83 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote:incredible.
Totally.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:This is a great piece because it reveals that Ormand's father was the architect in charge of Iolani Palace!!!
It also mentions Ormand's brother, Arthur was a Shriner!!! The puzzle is coming together!
http://files.usgwarchives.net/hi/statew ... l616bs.txt

Page 21 mentions Charles J. Wall an Irishman and his contributions to a view Hawaiian buildings including the Music Hall.
https://www.google.ca/#q=charles+J+wall+hawaii
Hi Kenji,

It turns out that Eve's biological grandfather, Moses Grossman, was also a Shriner AND he and Ormand Wall were both dentists! http://files.usgwarchives.net/hi/statew ... an27bs.txt It states, "He was one of the first potentates of Aloha Temple of the Mystic Shrine, and at that time was the first man to hold the office for two successive terms."

Eve's grandparents (Moses and Julia) and Ormand Wall most likely knew each other pretty well before Moses Grossman died. So, thinking about the Pahonu/Shriner land question, it's possible that it originally belonged to Grossman and not Wall, but Wall acquired the land when Grossman died and Wall married Eve's grandmother, Julia.

~RG

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:This is a great piece because it reveals that Ormand's father was the architect in charge of Iolani Palace!!!
It also mentions Ormand's brother, Arthur was a Shriner!!! The puzzle is coming together!
http://files.usgwarchives.net/hi/statew ... l616bs.txt

Page 21 mentions Charles J. Wall an Irishman and his contributions to a view Hawaiian buildings including the Music Hall.
https://www.google.ca/#q=charles+J+wall+hawaii
Hi Kenji,

It turns out that Eve's biological grandfather, Moses Grossman, was also a Shriner AND he and Ormand Wall were both dentists! http://files.usgwarchives.net/hi/statew ... an27bs.txt It states, "He was one of the first potentates of Aloha Temple of the Mystic Shrine, and at that time was the first man to hold the office for two successive terms."

Eve's grandparents (Moses and Julia) and Ormand Wall most likely knew each other pretty well before Moses Grossman died. So, thinking about the Pahonu/Shriner land question, it's possible that it originally belonged to Grossman and not Wall, but Wall acquired the land when Grossman died and Wall married Eve's grandmother, Julia.

~RG
Now that is great find RG!
The pieces are really starting to fall into place!!
So Alfred, Ormand and Moses were in the dental field (two oral surgeons and one dentist)and then we have the Shriner connection with Moses and Arthur. I would put money on it that they all knew each other very well before Moses died. As for the Pahonu/Shriner land question......you can't rule it out.....maybe Ormand was introduced to the land Pahonu was built on by either his brother Arthur or Moses and with Moses being one of the first potentates he may have been able to strike a deal with the Shriners via Grossman. I'm thinking it would be Shriner land not Grossman's and that is assuming Pahonu was Shriner land in the first place.....it could've been a vacant lot next door owned by someone else for all we know. Note: The Shriners Beach Club was built in 1931 and Dr. Grossman died 10yrs. earlier, but the land still could've been owned by the Shriners. Maybe it was Ormand who owned the land before 1931 and sold the Shriners a section for the beach club....who knows. Lets hope another piece of the puzzle surfaces revealing the answer.
Excellent research RG!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Kenji,

~RG
I would put money on it that they all knew each other very well before Moses died.
KA-CHING! You just won some money, Kenji! In the 1920 census both Walls and Grossmans lived in Honolulu on what looks like Nuuanu Avenue. They were not next door neighbors as they were two or three pages apart in the census. With all these things in common it's a for sure thing that they new each other.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Hi Kenji,

~RG
I would put money on it that they all knew each other very well before Moses died.
KA-CHING! You just won some money, Kenji! In the 1920 census both Walls and Grossmans lived in Honolulu on what looks like Nuuanu Avenue. They were not next door neighbors as they were two or three pages apart in the census. With all these things in common it's a for sure thing that they new each other.
Great!
Did I win $15,750,000? :wink:
Excellent work RG!
Also Honolulu was a lot smaller back then so I'm sure most doctors from the same field would know one another.......being neighbors really nails it down for me!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#88 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, I've added the info about Eve being in "Beauty Knows No Pain" to the episode guide. Great stuff, guys. Thanks. We'll probably never know for sure, but I bet you that is Eve in the coconut tree in "Ms. Jones".
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#89 Post by KENJI »

Hi James,

Maybe put a little asterisk/footnote with the entry stating Eve has not been confirmed as the tree climber, but the photographic evidence points in that direction.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

J.J. Walters wrote:Ok, I've added the info about Eve being in "Beauty Knows No Pain" to the episode guide. Great stuff, guys. Thanks. We'll probably never know for sure, but I bet you that is Eve in the coconut tree in "Ms. Jones".
Just for grins I got a screen cap of the person climbing down the tree. Unfortunately there aren't any facial views, not even partial. However, this is definitely a female in this pic so it must be Eve!