Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

layne
Vice Admiral

#61 Post by layne »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Golf,

Thank you, thank you! You are my new idol! These new around-the-town pics are too funny! My fave is dashboard Magnum GI. People in cars on either side of you must have thought you were crazy! Thanks for the laugh. Keep them coming!

You gotta love it...but you know, I'm going to be really mad if I go on Ebay and see you attempting to sell our beloved mascot for $700! He is priceless and much better than all the others I've seen! :D

(Oh, and James-love the added storyline!)

Layne

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#62 Post by golfmobile »

Layne,

Don't worry -- Magnum G.I. will never come up on eBay from ME! He's too much fun to have around right now -- and you're right -- if anyone looked at me today, taking a picture of him on my dash -- I can't imagine what they were thinking!

Island Hopper, I nearly fell off my chair to the floor laughing at your:
while trying to pick the lock of the Ferrari: Don't look at the cat, look at the lock...you looked at the cat.
Too funny! We live with FIVE (count 'em, five!) cats. They're getting used to Magnum G.I. (thanks, James, for the new sobriquet for my "action figure"), though, attention hogs that they are, if they see me paying attention to setting up a shot of him, they have to horn in.

Off to work on more outfits and scenarios!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Waltstasz
Admiral

#63 Post by Waltstasz »

I didn't read this thread for a while and look at what I missed.
:cry:

Great pics, Golf! Thanks for sharing these. 8)
My darling, you look ravishing... A-heh, heh heh... A little champagne?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#64 Post by J.J. Walters »

golfmobile wrote:James, thanks for the picture of Sharon Stone/Diedre. I'll start work on an outfit for a Cissette. And, frankly, I LOVED your plotline! I just have to figure out which Cissette I'm willing to drench in catsup to set the scene. Of course, it might be less gory to hang her, but it can't be suicide because the rope bruising angles down instead of up. Hmmmm . . . . Magnum G.I. is on the case! Give me a few days to work up the storyboard. :D :) :lol:

Stay tuned! I still have some "props" coming my way that I might need to use.
No problem golf! I was just having a little fun with the story. I didn't think you'd actually do it! :shock:

I'll tell you what, if you actually go through the time and effort (and fun!) of creating a "mystery storyboard" for Magnum G.I., when it's done, I'll create a special section for it on the site - The Adventures of Magnum G.I.! You gotta come up with something better than my lame "off-the-top-of-head" story, though. ;)
golfmobile wrote:-- if anyone looked at me today, taking a picture of him on my dash -- I can't imagine what they were thinking!
LOL!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

Roaming Magnum G.I. July 24

#65 Post by golfmobile »

Well, Roaming Magnum G.I. didn't have too many adventures today -- it's not so much fun, just going to work with me . . . .

But after work, Larry (spouse) and I went shopping for a new bed and, of course, Magnum G.I. had to come along (you really have to give Larry credit for indulging me in this -- not many spouses would put up with a Magnum nut who carries around a Magnum action figure with her everywhere -- and TAKES pictures of it!). First, Magnum G.I. got to ride in Larry's car:

and had to show off his athletic skills:

hanging from Larry's shell necklaces from Hawaii:

And I don't even want to THINK about what the mattress salesman went home and told his wife about the customer who came in with a Magnum doll and had to take pictures of it on the beds! (I should really be embarrassed, but it's too much fun. Well, a little embarrassing but not enough to stop me . . . . )

That's Larry in HIS Hawaiian shirt in the background.

I better start working on a murder mystery involving my Cissettes and Wendys (the "Lilo" size doll in the potted plant picture). Then I can just take pictures indoors at home, so no one to give me funny looks . . . . But making up a story and making costumes for the dolls, etc., may take a little more time.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#66 Post by SelleckLover »

OMG! Golf! I love your pictures of your Magnum GI adventures! I am thrilled that you're embracing your Magnum obsession and owning it! My husband puts up with mine as well....maybe he and Larry should compare notes! LOL

layne
Vice Admiral

#67 Post by layne »

Golf,

Love the new pics! I am crying laughing right now!! :lol: :lol:

I am at work and there is now a group of coworkers gathered around my desk laughing their rearends off as well! Magnum GI has a large fan base now!! You have outdone yourself this time. God bless your husband and the mattress salesman for putting up with you!

Layne

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#68 Post by Shermy »

I love the dashboard shots of Magnum GI in Atlanta. It's kind've like Sharky's Machine 2.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#69 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL! Magnum G.I. is checking out the mattresses! I love it.
layne wrote:I am at work and there is now a group of coworkers gathered around my desk laughing their rearends off as well! Magnum GI has a large fan base now!! You have outdone yourself this time. God bless your husband and the mattress salesman for putting up with you!
:lol: People are watching golf, the pressure is on. May I suggest that when you are ready to start posting the story, create a new thread. And don't forget the Mag's chest hair! Just borrow some from Sundance. :)

You know it's funny, I can't help but think of Toy Story (one of my favorites movies) right now:

Woody: Uh, Joe!? What the heck happend to you?
G.I. Joe: Sh-She came at m-me with a Sharpie and s-some hippie hawaiian s-shirt! I...I...couldn't stop her I tell you!!

Hehe

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

Re: Roaming Magnum G.I. July 24

#70 Post by IslandHopper »

golfmobile wrote:

And I don't even want to THINK about what the mattress salesman went home and told his wife about the customer who came in with a Magnum doll and had to take pictures of it on the beds! (I should really be embarrassed, but it's too much fun. Well, a little embarrassing but not enough to stop me . . . . )

Once again Golf, great pictures. Did the mattress salesman tell you what Magnum G.I.'s "sleep number" is? :lol: My guess is 1/8.
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

HiHo
Commander

#71 Post by HiHo »

Great pics...keep 'em coming. (though you'll never convince me that GI Magnum was just thrown together on a whim...something tells me you two have a long history of adventures together :wink: )
"I know what you're thinking..."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#72 Post by golfmobile »

HiHo,

Sorry! Magnum G.I. just came into being this past weekend. But since I'm still being so silly and having so much fun doing so, I've started his own blog:

Magnum G.I.'s Blog

Just be aware that this blog site posts things in reverse chronological order (most recent on top, earliest at the bottom), so the beginning is at the bottom and you work your way up to the current posting. So, once one has read from the beginning to the current, THEN one can just check the most recent post, which is at the top.

I fear his "adventures" are limited to my narrow little working world for now. I need to accumulate some more props and costumes for him, maybe try to find some more GI Joes to turn into Rick and TC -- though I'm not sure there's a good action figure for Higgins . . . . . So things with Magnum G.I. may be quiet for a while during my planning and accumulation stages.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IslandHopper
Master Flub Spotter

#73 Post by IslandHopper »

Golf, nice work on the Magnum G.I. Blog. :)
The answer is obvious, old man. Logic is irrelevant. It's simply Tropical Madness. (J.Q. Higgins)

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#74 Post by J.J. Walters »

Oh, very nicely done golf! The Roaming Magnum G.I. Blog. Ha, I love it! :)
golf wrote:I needed "real hair." Unable to find any fake fur at fabric shops, she decided the only alternative was to find some plush stuffed animal and cut its foot off, and thus create a wig cap. Now, this is an economical lady, so she wasn't going to spend a fortune buying a stuffed animal just to cut it up. Ergo, the Dollar Tree! Of course, when one is looking for something specific, it's never available and there was no $1 plush animal with the right color of brown hair. So using the same paint as for the eyebrows and moustache, she painted my hair. Voilá! Magnum, G.I.!
:D

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#75 Post by SelleckLover »

Wow, golf! Loved the blog! I was laughing so hard I almost fell of my chair!
After reading Magnum GI's blog I found this one....dunno if it's really our TS or not....just thought it was interesting.

http://tomselleck.blogspot.com/