The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#571 Post by Sam »

I picked up season 12 of HFO today,here are some caps.First is the Halekulani,it was used as an establishing shot for the KKC,the rest are from the estate.

Last edited by Sam on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#572 Post by Pahonu »

More cool pics Sam!

The middle three are of the room in the one-story ell closest to the two-story section, right? I think there is a door behind the screen to the left of the fireplace. The door can be seen in the Cloth of Gold episode when the police officer talks to Danno on the phone near the fishtanks. It would allow movement between the rooms without going outside. The room it connects to is shown in another H5O episode, but I don't recall the name. I think you posted pictures of it too.

I think the bedroom is the same one where Akamai is found dead in Cloth of Gold, no?

I'm going to have to make some changes to my model now that I've seen these. Are there any other interesting shots?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#573 Post by Sam »

Hi Pahonu,

Yes,it's the wing with the chimney in the center.I don't think I posted from Cloth of Gold..probably Rubberchicken..but I believe you're right about the door.
I'll check again in a bit and post anything I think that you'll find of interest.

In this pic,this room has the lanai (for Kimo) makai,that was used in "No need to know" The bedroom is to the right (the last pic with McGarrett) also has a lanai..but that's backi..(towards the backyard)

Two thing we discussed...the door in the bedroom (see pocket door) and the...door or window to the right of the first room.Just 2 things I'm pointing out..

Also..new pics of the Higgins study at the Marks estate...forget wooden frame or metal frame doors......Pics to follow.

Last edited by Sam on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu

#574 Post by Pahonu »

Thanks Sam!

The room in the first picture has a small balcony facing the water, not a lanai, and your right about it being shown in No Need to Know. The second pic with McGarrett is definitely a lanai, but it also faces the water on one side. The door does looks toward the backyard, though.

These pictures are so much brighter and clearer than the video clips you posted a while back. They allow me to much better estimate distances in locating windows and doors on my model.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#575 Post by Sam »

Hi Pahonu,

These new pics came from DVD whereas the old pics were shots from a camera to a TV from the DVR.Much better..

Yeah I think we're speaking of the same spots,the terminology is different.The ocean and backyard can be seen from either balcony or lanai.For me,it's the direction looking ahead from the door.

Here is another cap..this from the front door.I don't recall if this door(red arrow) was seen or not.
Last edited by Sam on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu

#576 Post by Pahonu »

Hey Sam,

I do have the door below the red arrow in my model. I drew it as double doors leading to the dining room. I'm uncertain if it is a single door or double doors, though. The door directly behind McGarrett, I think, is an elevator. This is speculation, but it lines up perfectly with a similar door on the second floor and it is in the stair hall. It could even go down to the basement as well. I toured a Spanish Colonial revival estate in the Santa Barbara area that is now a national historic landmark. It had an elevator directly adjacent to the stairs in a very similar manner. It's called Casa Del Herrero and it was completed in 1925, just eight years before Pahonu. There are many other similarites as well.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#577 Post by Sam »

Hi Pahonu,
That is a double door..and the door behind McGarrett matches the upstairs door.

For whatever reason,I was never able to access your model..So I may be telling you something that you already know..In that entry way area..the back door..the one that goes outside..it appears to have a door on either side of the backdoor.

Last edited by Sam on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pahonu

#578 Post by Pahonu »

Hey Sam

You should really check out the model. I'm sure James could help you if you're having trouble viewing it. Thanks for the confirmation pictures. I'm fairly certain those double doors lead to the dining room. They are also pocket doors as with much else of the house. You can tell because the handles are flush rather than knobs that wouldn't slide in.

I do have the two side doors under the stairway on my model. The one to the right is just a closet, but the one to the left is a staircase to the basement following a path below the main stair. I don't remember who posted it, maybe you, but one episode of H5O shows a man with a gun coming out from the basement stair door.

It's funny, I remember Kono breaking the door in at the top of the stairs to get into a bedroom near the end of Cloth of Gold. The scene cut to another room, I suppose, because the second picture shows the door swings out as you can clearly see the hinges on the left. It might just be another closet, but I'm sticking with my elevator hypothesis.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#579 Post by Sam »

What program do I use to open the model?

Pahonu

#580 Post by Pahonu »

Sam wrote:What program do I use to open the model?
Google SketchUp

It's free to download from their website.

http://sketchup.google.com/download/

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#581 Post by Sam »

Thanks Pahonu,

I bought a new computer a month ago and didn't have this downloaded.Hopefully this works.

Pahonu

#582 Post by Pahonu »

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy it!

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#583 Post by Little Garwood »

I just received S4 on DVD and have *finally* completed my MPI collection!

Maybe it's just my excitement over finally having this set, but it seems that season four is the most "Estate heavy" season, in that there are several different angles in regards to filming, and we see lots more of the place than we did in the first three seasons...even the upstairs!
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

SpookSpy
Ensign

#584 Post by SpookSpy »

How populated is the beach on a usual day?

From the video clips on youtube, it seems to be a fairly empty beach.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#585 Post by Steve »

SpookSpy wrote:How populated is the beach on a usual day?

From the video clips on youtube, it seems to be a fairly empty beach.
I was there on a Tuesday around noon (low tide that day) and we were the only ones that had walked down to the Tidal Pool. There were a few folks farther up the beach around where you park and I wanted to shout " Magnum, Tidal Pool, Rabbit Island, Estate, the slab...Come on Folks, Magnum!!!..........My wife and son were the only ones to experience that outburst as I broke away from them like a scarred rabbit running up the beach when mecca came into view.............