Aloha Magnuma- Larry Mannetti's tell all book

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Nifty911
Captain

Re: Aloha Magnuma- Larry Mannetti's tell all book

#31 Post by Nifty911 »

Milton Collins wrote:Maybe I'm missing a thread that already exists about this book but I just received it as a birthday gift and can't wait to read! It was written by Larry in 1999 and is currently out of print. It can be purchased on his website with his autograph (I'm very happy as mine is one of the autographed copies!!). Anyway, have only gotten a couple pages in but glanced through it and it looks to be a fantastic read with lots of behind the scenes scoop on the show, the guys real lives in Hawaii, some awesome pictures, and even some recipes by Larry Mannetti. I can't wait to read more!
I found a copy on Amazon (turned out to be signed) and read it the same day it arrived. I already knew from reviews it would not be 100% MPI related. Larry actually mis-remembered some things about episodes. LOL

For a while I saw copies for sale upwards of $30 or more. It's entertaining but not worth that much.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by K Hale »

One thing I recall about the book is that Manetti recounted some things as happening in real life that happened in an episode. There were at least two of these stories, I can't recall what one of them was but I remember him writing about the time they were shooting "Deja Vu" in England and the others tricked him with prank about a murdered guy haunting the castle where they were staying. I read that and was like... hey... that is pretty much what happened in the episode. Not saying it didn't happen, but it seemed a little strange when there were multiple stories like this.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#33 Post by eagle »

I finished the book last night, and I find it to be a must-read for any serious Magnum fan. I loved the book, and Mr. Manetti's antics (and those of his friends) were fun to read about. My wife hated me reading it, because she didn't get to read any of her book. Every evening went like this: both of us quietly reading... then I broke out in laughter, then she frowned and set her book down, then I read that particular section aloud to her, then we went back to quietly reading, then...

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#34 Post by 308GUY »

eagle wrote:I finished the book last night, and I find it to be a must-read for any serious Magnum fan. I loved the book, and Mr. Manetti's antics (and those of his friends) were fun to read about. My wife hated me reading it, because she didn't get to read any of her book. Every evening went like this: both of us quietly reading... then I broke out in laughter, then she frowned and set her book down, then I read that particular section aloud to her, then we went back to quietly reading, then...

Thanks for posting your "review"...enjoyed reading it!

Book went pretty much the same way for me when I read it for the first time...except I read it alone...my wife has never read a "book".! :lol:

I agree that it should be on every true Magnum fans "must read" list, and I'd guess, more than a few have already gone "kiver to kiver" at least once! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Laohu
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by Laohu »

Larry did. Podcast for awhile here is the link to a show with Tom Selleck if anyone is interested

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/0 ... 0368476296