The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eagle
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#2611 Post by eagle »

How are you guys doing this? The link doesn’t work for me. I went to the main site once and was able to drill down, but I don’t know which area is the property so I can’t see any of that info. Thanks.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2612 Post by Pahonu »

eagle wrote:How are you guys doing this? The link doesn’t work for me. I went to the main site once and was able to drill down, but I don’t know which area is the property so I can’t see any of that info. Thanks.
It’s actually not that hard to find.

Widen the map and go to the east end of Oahu.
Find Manana Island north of the end of Oahu.
Move southwest back to the coast.

You’ll find the property on a narrow strip of land north of Kalanianaole Hwy between two beach parks: Kaupo to the east and Kaiona to the west.

There are properties on both sides but it’s easily the largest.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#2613 Post by eagle »

I finally found the property, but I see two lots, not 3. Still not seeing the building info. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#2614 Post by Pahonu »

eagle wrote:I finally found the property, but I see two lots, not 3. Still not seeing the building info. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place.
It is two lots, not three. I clicked on each of the lots and a box appeared with an arrow leading to more information about the properties. It was there that I found the permits I mentioned above. There was also a copy of the land plat, parcel numbers, information on the new divided properties sizes, and assessed property tax value, and more. The left lot is 1.344 acres and assessed at a little over $4.75 million. The right lot is 1.659 acres and just under $6 million assessed value.

JosipCro
Captain

#2615 Post by JosipCro »

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#2616 Post by K Hale »

The property is now an active construction site, and the photo shows local volunteers replenishing the tidal pool walls as they do every few months. The two things are not related. Two different groups.

I visited Pahonu this morning. Nobody but me in the tidal pool, but lots of activity on the property, front gates were open, tractors moving, construction sounds etc. Unfortunately due to the green construction fence, not much could be seen from the makai side. Pics and video to come. Guesthouse/boathouse and gatehouse are still up.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#2617 Post by K Hale »

Video I shot February 7, 2020. I can't get the video to upload to Imgur so I'll just link the Facebook post where I uploaded it. It's a public post so everyone should be able to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2200540 ... 222600183/

Photos should be up this weekend...
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#2618 Post by terryfromkerry »

Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed your dip in the tidal pool towards the end. :D
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#2619 Post by K Hale »

terryfromkerry wrote:Thanks so much for posting. I enjoyed your dip in the tidal pool towards the end. :D
Thanks. I wanted SOMEthing cheerful in the video.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Mr. Keoki
Rear Admiral

#2620 Post by Mr. Keoki »

Thanks for posting!
Mr. Keoki

"He was Hawaiian. I'm not very good with these names, It ended with an oki or lani"

AdamSkating
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#2621 Post by AdamSkating »

Went to Google maps today and looked at Pahonu could not believe my eyes .

It was torn down by the elitist owner.

Can not believe it. Just whipped out a great part of film history.

matty007
Ensign

#2622 Post by matty007 »

We were in Oahu this past week, so we drove out to the Robin's Nest after doing the Koko Head hike....my boys had never been to Honolulu so seeing the War Memorial, Elks Club, TC's Chopper site, etc was very cool for them. When we drove to Robin's Nest we were in shock to see it completely gone! :( I knew it was gone, but to actually see the empty lot was Heart-Breaking to say the least. We did try to go see the tidal pool, but the waves were very rough (Kona Winds) and the tide was high! Nonetheless, glad my 19 & 17 YO's could finally see what the old man has been showing them their entire lives.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#2623 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

matty007 wrote:We were in Oahu this past week, so we drove out to the Robin's Nest after doing the Koko Head hike....my boys had never been to Honolulu so seeing the War Memorial, Elks Club, TC's Chopper site, etc was very cool for them. When we drove to Robin's Nest we were in shock to see it completely gone! :( I knew it was gone, but to actually see the empty lot was Heart-Breaking to say the least. We did try to go see the tidal pool, but the waves were very rough (Kona Winds) and the tide was high! Nonetheless, glad my 19 & 17 YO's could finally see what the old man has been showing them their entire lives.
matty007,
Did you happen to take a photo of the empty lot that you might share?

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#2624 Post by Styles Bitchley »

matty007 wrote:We were in Oahu this past week, so we drove out to the Robin's Nest after doing the Koko Head hike....my boys had never been to Honolulu so seeing the War Memorial, Elks Club, TC's Chopper site, etc was very cool for them. When we drove to Robin's Nest we were in shock to see it completely gone! :( I knew it was gone, but to actually see the empty lot was Heart-Breaking to say the least. We did try to go see the tidal pool, but the waves were very rough (Kona Winds) and the tide was high! Nonetheless, glad my 19 & 17 YO's could finally see what the old man has been showing them their entire lives.
Good for you for bringing along the next generation. Glad they’re actually interested.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

matty007
Ensign

#2625 Post by matty007 »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
matty007,
Did you happen to take a photo of the empty lot that you might share?
Sadly, I didn't get a picture...very shocking to say the least. And the estate looked much bigger then when the houses were there.