Collecting Magnum Stuff

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#211 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

There is also a link on Magnum Gear for the VMO2 hat, and you could probably get it almost anywhere that sales ships hats.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#212 Post by N1095A »

I say it's better to get the patch and cap seperately. The embroidered ones look a little hip hop for my taste. It's a gold metalic thread. Oh yes, and if you do get the cap already embroidered, be careful, the cap they sent me was black.

T.C.'s caps also had patches. It looks however, like the patch had more space between the Da Nang lettering and the bottom of the patch.

CARMEN Look on just about any episode, you will see the two caps on the hatrack next to the door.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Jodykmg365
Vice Admiral

#213 Post by Jodykmg365 »

This probably doesn't count, but I loved the way Magnum was drinking milk out of that brandy glass in "Black and White" so I bought myself some. Now every time I dunk my Oreo's in milk, I think of that scene.

Carmen
MPI

#214 Post by Carmen »

N1095A, I`ve seen that - doesn`t proof anything to me - it can be TC`s at the hatrack. It´s my story and I am sticking to it!! :D As long as nobody has seen TC with his on, Magnum with either one or the other and the third in sight I will not believe it :twisted:
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

ten_of_spades
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#215 Post by ten_of_spades »

I tend to collect Magnum PI things here and there, but my collection keeps growing (however slowly!)

- 66 trading cards
- a few yellow wax packs (which still has the 20+ year old gum inside)
- Aloha Magnum (jeez, how many people has Larry Manetti killed?? :shock:
- *the* red Paradise Found aloha shirt (along with the black version, as well as blue and purple variants)
- Autographs from Larry Manetti, Roger E. Mosley, Tom Selleck (he sent me a ton...I wrote him a letter while he was filming here in Canada), and John Hillerman
- Working on getting autographs from Marta DuBois, Lance LeGault, Paul Burke and Jean Bruce Scott
- Red Magnum PI t-shirt
- Surface warfare buckle with 'Magnum' inscription

that's all for now

Icepick
Admiral

#216 Post by Icepick »

N1095A wrote:I say it's better to get the patch and cap seperately. The embroidered ones look a little hip hop for my taste. It's a gold metalic thread. Oh yes, and if you do get the cap already embroidered, be careful, the cap they sent me was black.
Thanks for all the info! Can you buy the plain cap there as well?
Icepick - Does it ever occur to you that you are always having to bail your friend Magnum out of trouble?

zendragon
Lieutenant

#217 Post by zendragon »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#218 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I have seen several versions of the VMO@ hat. I think the link in Magnum Gear is pretty good because it has the sewn on patch versus the embroidered look.