Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#196 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="ConchRepublican"
Next up . . . Julie Andrews . . .[/quote]

Julie Andrews was on the Carol Burnett Show
Carol was on Magnum

Next up...Montreal native William Shatner

You'd be surprised how many stars come from the Great White North(Lorne Greene, Raymond Burr,John Candy etc etc)

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#197 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Shatner was on Star Trek with James Doohan who appeared in the episode "The Big Blow".

How about Larry Storch?
I'm a Boxley Girl....

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#198 Post by 308GUY »

Mrs. Higgins wrote:
How about Larry Storch?
Larry Storch was in an episode of McCloud with Dennis Weaver.

Dennis Weaver was in "Let Me Hear the Music" ep. 5.18

Gavin MacLeod - or has he been done already....I've lost track! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#199 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:
Mrs. Higgins wrote: Gavin MacLeod - or has he been done already....I've lost track! :magnum:
Gavin MacLeod was in McHales Navy with Ernest Borgnine
Borgnine appeared on Magnum

By the way, there were several tongue in cheek references during the run of McHales Navy to Borgnine winning the Oscar for Marty. In one memorable in joke,a bored Borgnine and Tim Conway are killing time, doing a parody of the immortal "whaddya want to do tonight Marty" scene.

Next up: Walter Brennan

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#200 Post by 308GUY »

There are probably more than a few ways to go at this one, but:

Walter Brennan was in "The Real McCoys" with Kathleen Nolan.

Kathleen Nolan was in two episodes of Magnum. Ep. 1.8 "The Ugliest Dog in Hawaii" & 2.19 "Double Jeopardy

Dean Martin??? :magnum:

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#201 Post by marlboro »

Dean Martin was in Airport with Dana Wynter who was in two episodes of Magnum.

He was also in Ocean's 11 with Sinatra and Cesar Romero. Both of whom made appearances on MPI.

Next:

Stefanie Powers

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#202 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Stefanie's co-star in Hart to Hart was Robert Wagner who was in The Concorde..Airport '79 with Mercedes McCambridge who was in the MPI ep Don't Say Goodbye. Mercedes was also in The Sacketts.

How 'bout Farrah Fawcett?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#203 Post by 308GUY »

There may be quicker, shorter paths, but I like to link things that preferably were before MPI. Somehow, doesn't seem "correct" to link stuff that came after.

At any rate:

Stephanie Powers was in an episode of The Rockford Files, with Joe Santos and Joe Santos was in episodes of MPI, not to mention that Selleck also appeared in a couple RF episodes as the fastidious Lance White. :magnum:

K.........Dick Van Dyke

Musta been typin at the same time! :lol:

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#204 Post by marlboro »

Farrah Fawcett was in an episode of Harry O with James Hong who was in the MPI episode "40"

Dick van Dyke was is a Columbo episode called Negative Reaction which featured Joyce van Patten who was in the Rockford Files episode To Protect and serve with Joe Santos who made multiple MPI appearances.

Next: Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle

Oh, and speaking of Dick Van Dyke - did you know that that was just his stage name? His real name? Penis Van Lesbian.

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#205 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Fatty Arbuckle was in "Go West" with Buster Keaton who was in "Sergeant Dead Head" with Cesar Romero, who appeared in the MPI episode "Little Games".

How about Brian Donlevy?
I'm a Boxley Girl....

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#206 Post by marlboro »

Brian Donlevy was in The Big Combo with John Hoyt who was in Kolchak: The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin who was in the MPI episode Mad Buck Gibson. Hoyt was also in an episode of Battlestar Galactica with Anne Lockhart who was in two MPI episodes.

Next: Sid Haig

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#207 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

marlboro wrote:Brian Donlevy was in The Big Combo with John Hoyt who was in Kolchak: The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin who was in the MPI episode Mad Buck Gibson. Hoyt was also in an episode of Battlestar Galactica with Anne Lockhart who was in two MPI episodes.
Next: Sid Haig
Marlboro,
You are a man of excellent taste and discrimination. The Big Combo is one of the greatest of the film noir flicks, but relatively unknown for some reason.
It also slickered the censors of the time who must have been asleep or didn't realize the subtext.
Just one example, Lee Van Cleef's and Earl Holliman's characters were obviously gay and an item -talk about casting against type - as they plied their trade as hitmen. In the parlance of the hoods of the time they were 'gunsels', last seen on screen in the Maltese Falcon, in the form of Magnum's own Elisha Cooke jr as Wilmer, enforcer/killer and romantic interest for Sydney Greenstreet's Kasper Gutman.
As regards Sig Haig, most people here will scratch their heads trying to recall this great character actor but if they see his photo they will recall him, he's got one of those faces perfect for playing a thug.
Still I'm going to be surprised if anyone gets his connection to Magnum right away.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#208 Post by 308GUY »

Sid Haig was in an episode of "Ohara" with Pat Morita who was in ep. 2.17 of MPI "One More Summer". :magnum:

How about Shirley Temple.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#209 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Shirley was in The Little Princess with Cesar Romero who was in the MPI ep Little Games.

Next up: William Holden (and no you can't use blowing up Higgins' bridge!) :wink:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#210 Post by 308GUY »

William Holden was in "Towering Inferno" with Steve McQueen who was in "The Great Escape" with James Garner who Tom Selleck was in multiple episodes of "The Rockford Files" with.

Probably a more direct path out there...that's just the first one I came across. :P

Jimmy Stewart.